Maria Sharapova Supports Grunting Ban - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM   #61
country flag Let.them.talk

Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all
Re: Maria Sharapova Supports Grunting Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
The whole thing is sexist I believe, surely the length of time players are taking between points is more damaging to the sport than grunting, like time violations need to be enforced more.

Any straw poll I've seen TV channels do always result in most spectators not caring about grunting. Its a media obsession that is all The WTA/ITF is letting the media create the rules.
This.
This ban is so unnecessary. WTA put your money on young players with low economic possibilities or something more useful
Let.them.talk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #62
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

What a hypocrite!

It just goes to show the absolute arrogance that runs through that head of hers. One rule for everyone and another for the rest. I can't wait for her to go back to her journeywoman ways!
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #63
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Literally this grunt-o-meter thing is the dumbest idea of the century. People bitch and moan when umpires correctly enforce rules that are already written in black and white and now they're going to force in something arbitrary? Ridiculous.
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM   #64
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
The whole thing is sexist I believe, surely the length of time players are taking between points is more damaging to the sport than grunting, like time violations need to be enforced more.

Any straw poll I've seen TV channels do always result in most spectators not caring about grunting. Its a media obsession that is all The WTA/ITF is letting the media create the rules.
They did say that a much more strict monitoring and penalty system for time used between points will be used from next year, starting with lower challenger-type tournaments
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 02:40 AM   #65
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote