~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~ - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #76
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
It looks like Yu-Na Overscore is competing at some flop meet at the beginning of December.
funny how a Mao fan is calling another skater overscored given what's happened this weekend.
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #77
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who says that ice skating is a sport continues to kid themselves. Seriously.

Poor Akiko, she must be gutted.
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #78
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry

Kim Yuna will set aside her singing, acting and tv career and come back to snatch a gold medal at the 2014 olympics.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #79
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

The ending of the NHK Cup was just bizarre. How the judges gave Mao a higher score than Mirai, even though she doubled almost every single jump, I'll never understand. That's skating. All their efforts to make the judging less subjective have failed.

The look of shock on Mao's face when she saw her score was hilarious. At least, Suzuki was better mannered in defeat than some skaters have been in the past (Surya, I'm talking about you. She always did get short-changed in the scoring, though).

Well I'm happy for Mirai. She kept it together through both her programs. Now she just has to work on speed and improving her jumps so she doesn't get downgraded ALL THE DAMN TIME!

The men's final was weird, too. Hanyu melted on the ice and yet he was so far ahead after his brilliant short program, it didn't even matter. I don't know what happened to Javier, but I enjoyed Daisuke's skate.

Like I said, very weird end to the event.

I didn't see the pairs event at all. In the dance, I find that I really hate the music by the Russian team of Ilynkh and Katsalapov, with all the voice overs, and the excessive dramatics from the two skaters. Also, it seems as though they should be in the pairs competition. I still hate that one spin invented by Tamara Moskvina that I call the egg beater. Some of that should be left to pairs skating and not dance. Blecch.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #80
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Матвей. View Post
funny how a Mao fan is calling another skater overscored given what's happened this weekend.
I haven't seen the entire competition yet. I just watched Mao's long program and yes she missed a lot of the jumps but her overall quality of skating is first-rate. Once I see Akiko and Mirai's programs and see the protocols I will be better able to overall assess the competition. Mirai is known for underrotating her jumps and Akiko was way down after the short program..

It doesn't change the fact that Kim was consistently overscored..

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #81
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who thinks both Kim and Asada suck most of the time, I think Kim definitely sucks a little bit more.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #82

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
As someone who thinks both Kim and Asada suck most of the time, I think Kim definitely sucks a little bit more.
Which ladies do you like, then?

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #83

You guys, US Nationals are in Omaha this season (where I live). I HAVE to find out a way to go to at least one session because when will I have an opportunity like this again? But I'm sure the tickets are ridiculously expensive and I'm beyond destitute.

My Twitter
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #84
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
You guys, US Nationals are in Omaha this season (where I live). I HAVE to find out a way to go to at least one session because when will I have an opportunity like this again? But I'm sure the tickets are ridiculously expensive and I'm beyond destitute.
Volunteer as an arena gatekeeper (not admission)? From the layout below, they might need about 50 gatekeepers per session. Email them for more details here http://www.2013uschampionships.com/volunteer/.

PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #85

Aww thanks for the help but I'm not trying to work.

Hopefully my bf wins the lottery and can buy us some tickets.

My Twitter
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #86
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which ladies do you like, then?
That's the thing. I don't really have a female skater I adore at the moment and haven't for years. Of the current crop I like Ando, a few of the Russians and hope they keep improving, and I liked Nagasu and Zheng before puberty hit them like bricks and they nosedived. The 2006 Olympics were the last female competition I was really into.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #87

You like Miki Ando?

My Twitter
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #88
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You like Miki Ando?
What's wrong w.Ando the last year she competed she won two Grand Prix assignments and won the gold at Worlds that year. She took off the entire 2011-2012 season and she supposedly delayed her return cuz she's looking for a new coach. I'm not really sure what the very latest is w.her, but if shes not hurt and she's motivated she's definitely a factor.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #89
country flag dybbuk

Quote:
You like Miki Ando?
Yes. You know this. I love Miki. She's so Michelle to me, but I appreciate Miki's full use of her talent. She may not be as gifted as some of her competition, but Miki outfought 98% of them and now has two World titles to her name. I respect that immensely. Plus there is no doubt she was improving artistically before her hiatus. I maintain her winning short program is one of the best in the last half-decade.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #90

Sorry, you know I have the memory of a goldfish. She has had some good short programs, but most of her long programs are jump-jump-jump. And she doesn't have the beautiful basic skating or good posture either.

I was happy when she denied Yu-Na Overscore a World title two seasons ago.

My Twitter