~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~ - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #151
country flag penkku

penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
MAO'S FIRST CLEAN TRIPLE AXEL SINCE 2010 WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So proud of my girl!!!!!!!! What a program!!!!!!!
Great
penkku is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #152
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Mao was amazing indeed The 3A was great and I really loved her step sequence
Akiko, Kanako and Christina skated lights out as well!

Men free program otoh
Daisuke has to escape from Morozov asap!

Giorgi - Konjuh - Kvitova - Lisicki - Muguruza - Li - Pennetta - Serena - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #153
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

If Mao keeps skating like this she can win her third World title!!! I love her so much!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #154
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

She can indeed! Can't wait for worlds! Looks like ladies won't be anymore ladiezzzz!

Giorgi - Konjuh - Kvitova - Lisicki - Muguruza - Li - Pennetta - Serena - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #155
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shitballs, Reynolds wins the 4CC Good for him to land his 3 quads and 3axel cleanly
+ can't wait to see Mao's 3axel

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #156

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Here is Mao's GORGEOUS short program! Notice how improved her facial expressions are!! I DIE!!!!!!!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter

Last edited by delicatecutter : Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #157
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

^boo...the video isn't playing

Did they have the finals for Ice Dancing yet? The Davis/White vs. Virtue/Moir rivalry is the single best rivalry in all of figure skating right now. There's nothing really separating them- just personal taste. I'm hoping Davis/White make a comeback and continue their winning streak over VM.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #158

Try it now! This one is working for the moment.

It looks like the Free Dance hasn't been skated yet. I really hope Tessa & Scott can maintain their lead. I love their Carmen!!

My Twitter
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #159

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

U rock babe! ...thanks!
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #160

Mao won with an inspired free-skate!! She turned out of the axel and it was deemed underrotated (as were 2 of her other triples). But she also went for her 3flip-3loop which she hasn't attempted in FOREVER!! Her long program has 8 triples on paper, which is just amazing!! I really admire her fighting through all this adversity. She is such an inspiration!

Disappointing to see that Tessa and Scott lost their lead after the short dance. It looks like Marlie are the favorites to reclaim their World title.

My Twitter
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #161

Woohoo!!! Go Marlie!!! I think the pattern we're starting to see is Moirtue takes the lead in the short then Marlie edges them out in the long. If that pattern persists it will slightly favor Marlie.

I said it before but it's worth repeating, they have the single best rivalry in the entire sport right now...wish I can see it on tv. Sucks balls they got rid of Universal Sports in my area.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #162

Davis and White win third Four Continents title!

TOKYO: The US duo of Meryl Davis and Charlie White came from behind to beat Olympic and world ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada at the Four Continents championships on Sunday. Davis and White, second in Friday's short dance behind the Canadians with a gap of 0.44 points, topped the free dance on 112.68 points and won the title with a two-day total of 187.36. Virtue and Moir marked the second best free-dance score of 109.20 to finish second overall on 184.32. Another US couple of Madison Chock and Evan Bates came in third on 160.42. Davis and White, the runners-up to the Canadian couple at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics as well as the world championships and the Four Continents last year, also knocked them into second spot at the Grand Prix Final in December.

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #163

So next stop is Worlds does anyone know how many men and women the USA gets? It seems like they always used to get three but lately I can't remember the last time they both sent three...by the way when is it?
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #164

We get to send 2 men (Max Aaron, Ross Miner) and 2 ladies (Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold). Worlds are March 13 - 17.

My Twitter

Last edited by delicatecutter : Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
We get to send 2 men (Max Aaron, Ross Miner) and 2 ladies (Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold). Worlds are March 13 - 17.
This is such strange time for me and the sport. I missed Nationals, don't know who Max Aaron is and I missed 4 Continents. I'm not a casual fan I'm pretty hardcore and been watching since the battle of The Carmens (Katarina Witt and Debbie Thomas). Yamaguci and Kwan are ranked in my heart just as high as Steffi and Serena are. I just feel so out of the loop these days and its strange that the only discipline I really seem to be on top of and following is Ice Dancing.

Ice Dancing used to be my least favorite discipline, I just didn't get it initially but now it's all I care about. I'm definitely making plans to see Worlds I feel like I missed the entire season. Maybe the return of Yu Na Kim will get me recharged...