~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #1
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart

M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute
~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Well kids it has arrived !!

Another year ! Another season!

Only three weeks left before the start of the Grand Prix Series.

But for now We have the results from Nebelhorn Trophy:

Oda won the gold medal. IMO the best I have ever seen him skate. His skating has improved a lot!

*Disaster for Sotnikova as she gets upset at the very last moment, by a Canadian woman no less!

Chock & Bates won after a great skate, and for the first time hit 90 points in the FD. Evan needs to watch it in the short dance though, as he is prone to mistakes. By far the catchiest SD we have seen. Great to see some energy and spark.

Volosozhar/ Trankov were unmatched of course and rightfully won the tittle. They look much more polished than last year, and their packaging is more sophisticated. Those darn spins are still their undoing though.
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you."
- K. Blackburn –

Last edited by M2k : Sep 30th, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
M2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #2
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Yeah BABY!! really excited about the start of a new season. It sucks that my area got rid if Universal Sports, i guess I have to subscribe to some online nonsense.

Things I'd love most to happen this season:
*Davis/White to beat Virtue/Moir
*both Marai and Zhange to be consistent all year long and both to make it to worlds
*I want to see Elizaveta have a great season
* Mao and Miki return back to the top
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #3
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to US Nats in 2014 when they come here to Boston Anyone else thinking of going?
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSkaTennisFan View Post
I'm going to US Nats in 2014 when they come here to Boston Anyone else thinking of going?
Seeing Nationals was one of my all time favorite sports memories! U can even hear me scream in Michele Kwans short program..lol (wasn't too far from the mic). I think I got really lucky and saw one of the best US Nationals ever!

This was back in 2002 (Los Angeles)- and on night one all the big names nailed their routines, they each got better one after the other. That period was probably a peak for US talent, we were so damn deep back then. Michelle Kwan, Sarah Hughes, Sasha Cohen, Angela Nikidinov, and Jennifer Kirk. I saw Alissa Czisny earlier that day, although she wasn't a big name then.

Nikidinov ...So sad first she loses her coach to cancer then has a car accident that kills her mother. I understand why she never skated again, sad we didn't get a chance to see her live up to her potential:

Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 12:54 AM   #5
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget one of the most beautiful short programs of the past several years, from a girl knocked for being "unartistic."

And YUZU-CHAN is coming to snatch all your favorite's wigs this year. I suggest you all convert now so his Gold Medal snatching rampage this year will ba pleasant rather than terrifying experience for you all.

dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:54 AM   #6
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart

M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the winning performances of this week's Nebelhorn Trophy:

C/B

V/T

Osmond

Oda

Speaking of Hanyu he's going head to head with some major competitors.

Next week's "Finlandia Trophy" will have very notable skaters.

Men:

Yuzuru Hanyu
Javier Fernandez
Johnny Weir
Richard Dornbush

* This is mouthwatering I think the title is between Hanyu & Fernandez, but omg by all accounts Johnny is looking exceptional! Plus USFSA seems to be politiking* hardcore for the old guy which is nice to see for a change. I'll go with Weir!!!!

Dance:
Virtue/Moir
Capellini/Lanotte
Bobrova/Soloviev
Hubbel/Donohue

V/M and C/L will go 1-2, but the real battle is between B/S and H/D. Right now B/S's stock has taken somewhat of a hit, however they are better known/respected (than H/D) at this point. Too close to call imo*

Women:
Lipniskaya
Nagasu
Korpi

It'll be interesting to see what Lipniskaya is able to do as a first time senior. I'm not sure what to make of Nagasu and Korpi at this point.
- K. Blackburn –
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM   #7
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links, OP. Interesting to see the skaters all working out their new programs. If Oda can get it together, I just love his skating, and I would be happy.

Universal Sports got killed where I am, so I doubt I'll see much figure skating competition, except YouTube clips. Sometimes it seems as if figure skating is moribund in the U.S. Probably just seems that way because of poor television coverage.

I am also curious to see what Johnny Weir has to offer after so many years.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #8
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Volozoshar/Trankov & Davis/White Good luck!

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM   #9
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Hopefully this season:
Mao will get her shit together again
Miki will come back to the top
Tukty will have a great season
Fernandez will perform well in both SP and FS at Euros and Worlds
Brezina won't finish always fourth at big events
Chan will win silver medals
Rippon will have his amazing curly hair back
Davis&White will win in Canada over the Canadians
Cappellini&Lanotte will overtake some russian couple and medal at Euros
Volosozhar&Trankov will win a World gold medal
We won't have to watch hundreds of programs on Black Swan music

Giorgi - Konjuh - Kvitova - Lisicki - Muguruza - Li - Pennetta - Serena - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #10
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Adelina. Looks like puberty got her. She seems to have lost her amazing jumping ability. I'm not sure she's even doing a lutz anymore, let alone her amazing lutz-loop combo.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #11

I didn't bother commenting on the men because I can't take them seriously. Watching the over-hyped and OVER-SCORED P.Chan fall and stumble his way to an all time high score is not my idea of fun. He's got those judges in his back pocket... I just don't get it- even with all of his so called elevated artistic and technical elements ...sorry I'm not a believer. I feel the same way but to a lesser extent with Carolina Kostner as well.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM   #12
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2k View Post
Well kids it has arrived !!

Another year ! Another season!

Only three weeks left before the start of the Grand Prix Series.

But for now We have the results from Nebelhorn Trophy:

Oda won the gold medal. IMO the best I have ever seen him skate. His skating has improved a lot!

*Disaster for Sotnikova as she gets upset at the very last moment, by a Canadian woman no less!

Chock & Bates won after a great skate, and for the first time hit 90 points in the FD. Evan needs to watch it in the short dance though, as he is prone to mistakes. By far the catchiest SD we have seen. Great to see some energy and spark.

Volosozhar/ Trankov were unmatched of course and rightfully won the tittle. They look much more polished than last year, and their packaging is more sophisticated. Those darn spins are still their undoing though.
I just remembered. Don't you hate Johnny? I just seem to remember you hating on him a lot. Why are you cheering him comeback.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #13
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart

Results just in
1)Fernandez 80.77

2)Hanyu 75.57

3)Dornbush 71.19

4)Weir 69.03

Quote:
Thats fantastic! Nothing beats nationals right before the Olympics!!!

It's such a longshot for me though(I wish it were in the West coast instead) but who knows there is still time to save some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
I just remembered. Don't you hate Johnny? I just seem to remember you hating on him a lot. Why are you cheering him comeback.

I disliked his attitude in the latter part of his career. It was such a turn off for me, however I never stopped being a fan.

Quote:
Poor Adelina. Looks like puberty got her. She seems to have lost her amazing jumping ability. I'm not sure she's even doing a lutz anymore, let alone her amazing lutz-loop combo.
Remember that sometimes it takes more than a year to recover from puberty. Adelina should take comfort that, at the very least, her body is not falling apart like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's. Now that's someone that should be worry about her prospects for next year.
----
Ondrej N. Trophy is also underway
live stream: http://live.huste.tv/stream/04-10-12...la-trophy-2012

W/P SD

- K. Blackburn –

Last edited by M2k : Oct 5th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #14

^Dornbush in 3rd after the short- good for him. I remember him skating at the US Nationals where he ended up winning the free skate and out of nowhere landed on the podium. That was an amazing free skate (Sherlock Holms). I figured that was a fluke cuz his showing at worlds wasn't too great but maybe he's legit after all, we shall see...
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #15
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Maxim Trankov is fucking gorgeous. I. Want. Him.