Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #76
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Not to lose to Razzano again.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #77
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Her strategy should be to pray for a lot of luck b/c that's the only way she's winning RG (just like Sharapova)
Don't you think that Serena did that more than once over the last 10 years
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #78
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Her strategy should be to pray for a lot of luck b/c that's the only way she's winning RG (just like Sharapova)
That's been the case for everyone since Henin retired. You don't think luck played a significant part in the likes of Ana, Kuzzy, Schiavone and Na Li winning it and Schiavone almost won it twice. Not even to mention Myskina winning it. You seem very, very, very angry and bitter.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #79
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, it's not even her play. It's a mental thing.

Serena, at times, outplayed Stosur, Kuznetsova, and Henin on clay for a set(set and a half at most). It's not like she can't, it's if she will.

Oh well. As long as she wins the other 3 slams.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #80
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

People are forgetting a huge amount of things in this thread.

#1 Serena hasn't reached a final of a red clay tournament, let alone won one since she won the French in 2002. She's played 19 red clay tournaments
since.
#2 Serena hasn't made it to the final of the French since 2002. She's played it seven times since.
#3 Serena hasn't beaten a Top 10 player on red clay since 2003. (she's 0-5).

Anyone who saw her performance against Razzano knows it doesn't matter how well she trains or plays coming into that tournament, she just doesn't believe she can do it at the French, and her results are evidence that she can't. Combined with getting older, there's nothing to suggest she will ever win the French Open again.

Last edited by DevilishAttitude : Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #81
country flag Galsen
Tous les matins du monde sont sans retour.

Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute Galsen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
People are forgetting a huge amount of things in this thread.

#1 Serena hasn't reached a final of a red clay tournament, let alone won one since she won the French in 2002. She's played 19 red clay tournaments
since.
#2 Serena hasn't been past the QF's of the French since 2002. She's played it seven times since.
#3 Serena hasn't beaten a Top 10 player on red clay since 2003. (she's 0-5).

Anyone who saw her performance against Razzano knows it doesn't matter how well she trains or plays coming into that tournament, she just doesn't believe she can do it at the French, and her results are evidence that she can't. Combined with getting older, there's nothing to suggest she will ever win the French Open again.
And you are forgetting that she has been in SF in 2003 which invalid your #2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
That old ass pic is from 2006, the water from the swimming it took Rihanna to rally the US from Barbados had just dried. You tried.
Galsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #82
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

I never listen to the skeptics. Bring on FO 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all

Last edited by MrProdigy555 : Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #83
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galsen View Post
And you are forgetting that she has been in SF in 2003 which invalid your #2.
I will correct it now but I still stand by my opinion that she will never win the French again.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #84
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
That's been the case for everyone since Henin retired. You don't think luck played a significant part in the likes of Ana, Kuzzy, Schiavone and Na Li winning it and Schiavone almost won it twice. Not even to mention Myskina winning it. You seem very, very, very angry and bitter.
Lets not try to compare the claycourt skill of Ana, Kuzy and Schiavone when they won the French to Serena. They knew how to play claycourt tennis.

Sharapova and Serena do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #85
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lets not try to compare the claycourt skill of Ana, Kuzy and Schiavone when they won the French to Serena. They knew how to play claycourt tennis.

Yet they still won it. lol.

You're not making any sense....

Quote:
Fuck y'all
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #86
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The point is, the players you all consider to play "claycourt tennis," such as Kuznetsova, Stosur, even Henin, all had to take Serena out in a DOGFIGHT of a match. The fact that those matches were in Serena's grasp is reason enough for me to believe that she can play quality tennis on clay and still win on that surface.

Quote:
Fuck y'all
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #87
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Her strategy this year was fine. She just got very tight and nervous against Razzano.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #88
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
Her strategy this year was fine. She just got very tight and nervous against Razzano.
She was on her period? lol.

She crumbled. I don't know why either...

Quote:
Fuck y'all
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #89
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
I will correct it now but I still stand by my opinion that she will never win the French again.

Good....... exactly why what u said isn't valid. Your statement represents an opinion and yours only. IT DOES NOT REPRESENT ANY FACT THAT SERENA WILIIAMS WILL NOT WIN FO AGAIN!!!

Particularly upon pova winning FO. If pova of all players won FO, Serena can and will. Pova just did what Serena has done in the past. Nothing new! 2012 FO is now in the past for pova. Like Serena in her time, no guarantee pova will repeat in 2013.

Serena's chances next year is as great as pova's no matter what haters say. Bring on the FO in 2013.....
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #90
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ivanovic? Has she even won a title outside of clay besides the FO? Has Kuznetsova even? And, besides their wins there, they've been irrelevant on the surface ever since. So, what makes them actually claycourters?

Remember, Mary Pierce and Seles aren't natural claycourters either. Flat, hard and heavy groundstrokes, just like Sharapova. Sharapova and Serena have won multiple titles on clay, and both even pushed Henin to 3 tough sets at the FO on her best surface, so please don't act like the fact that Schiavone, Ivanovic, and Kuzzy, who haven't done shit on clay besides their FO win are suddenly oh so much better than Serena or Sharapova in clay because they aren't.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote