Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #241
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Am I the only one noticing the hilarity of Martha fans acknowledging the shame involved in being a Poova stan by using those 'receipts' to try and publicly humiliate anyone known to have been a fan What kind of fail self-read?

I'm sure LBV is ashamed of the fact that he ever supported that thing(as anyone should be) and has repented for his sins in the 4+ years since then.
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #242
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
There's no real formula or accumulating a backlog of matches that can really prove fool-proof to peaking at RG. Quite simply she has to perform better there. She has to prioritise her best tennis for that event.

That said, I've always maintained that a heavy clay-court schedule is a pre-requisite for maximising one's chances at RG. Especially for someone like Serena, where the transition isn't a natural one compared to other surfaces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
I agree with your first opinion, but wonder about the second one when discussing Serena. But I can definitely understand your logic.

I'm of the opinion that simply practicing on the slow red stuff (Mouratoglou Tennis Academy) will be enough for a player like Serena.
History has already proven this to be the case. And she has already vastly improved, as her latter season results have already shown.

Personally, I'm not a bit worried about actual tournaments she will, or needs, to play leading up to the FO. As long as she takes adequate time to train her body to adjust to the slow clay conditions, footwork, and taking her time to patiently constructing points, she will be a force.
The only thing I see her possibly having a problem with is the 'patience' part.

ignoring the usual thing

i think she needs that one big win on clay to get over her head issues (which is all i think it really is)...she was almost there against sveta, jj and stosur and i don't think she would have come that close to beating 3 "better" clay court players if she couldn't play on the dirt...

i still believe that one incident has scarred her mentally on clay, and especially at RG where she seems to fight herself way more than usual when she gets tight...much like how uso 08 win calmed her down after going slamless from AO 07, it's gonna take getting over that mental hurdle on clay if she's to win RG again

personally however, i'm not bothered if she doesn't win another RG...i look forward to clay simply because the slower surface forces more consistency into her game, especially if she has had an "average" start to the year, and she plays better in the 2nd half of the year...so even after her absence loss at RG this year i wasn't bothered about wimbledon or OG so if she doesn't win RG next year, let's just say I'll only worry if she goes out 1st rd at wimbledon or uso

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #243
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Oh you weren't? I confuse the Stormfront members sometimes, my apologies. You weren't the one that said they wanted Serena to die, its was another one.
Are you high baby girl?
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #244
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
Are you high baby girl?
Of course not. Its the middle of the day, bitch. Fuck off.

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #245
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course not. Its the middle of the day, bitch. Fuck off.
I see, there must be a laser shield thing preventing you to start using then. I was just asking though.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #246
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
Am I the only one noticing the hilarity of Martha fans acknowledging the shame involved in being a Poova stan by using those 'receipts' to try and publicly humiliate anyone known to have been a fan What kind of fail self-read?

I'm sure LBV is ashamed of the fact that he ever supported that thing(as anyone should be) and has repented for his sins in the 4+ years since then.
When you've become accustomed to waiting 4+ years between slam wins, a 4 year old receipt is as good as gold.

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #247
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
I still believe that one incident has scarred her mentally on clay, and especially at RG where she seems to fight herself way more than usual when she gets tight...much like how uso 08 win calmed her down after going slamless from AO 07, it's gonna take getting over that mental hurdle on clay if she's to win RG again:
After all those years its really hard to believe that the problem is just mental, Serena is strong enough mentally and you guys keep praising her about that time and time again.
The problem is more about her tennis on the surface and the lack of confidence on it, like its been said she hasn't won a title on red clay since 2002 or sth, that's a long period of drought.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #248
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make it clear, I have not taken screencaps of the quotes so you can relax. Though, the most outrageous one was quoted in its original thread that it was made in so it is still there, Mr. LBV.. Anyways, all the backtracking is making me weep and reevaluate my opinion of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
DEAD

@Dominic you've gotta see this man

Bastard got exposed
Oh, no, you pest! This is not meant for you nor for that other being you mentioned to thrive upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post

Are you ashamed as well, Chrissie? I mean, you are still a self-loathing devotee of the Satan's child. You have gone underground recently but still you are closely supervising every single thread in Siberia Stomfort. Don't worry I will not post reps + PMs confirming that. I don't go after toddlers.

Last edited by Mistress of Evil : Dec 9th, 2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: TOP SECRET
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #249
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
After all those years its really hard to believe that the problem is just mental, Serena is strong enough mentally and you guys keep praising her about that time and time again.
The problem is more about her tennis on the surface and the lack of confidence on it, like its been said she hasn't won a title on red clay since 2002 or sth, that's a long period of drought.
You're still talking? When was Maria's last title on a non-clay surface?! Yet you still pencil her favorite at Oz open, u.s. open, even wimby..

It ain't like Serena's getting blown out on the surface..lots of matches lost from winning positions.
in '09 she managed to lost twice after having mp's.. She just can relax and seal the deal.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #250
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Are you ashamed as well, Chrissie? I mean, you are still a self-loathing devotee of the Satan's child. You have gone underground recently but still you are closely supervising every single thread in Siberia Stomfort. Don't worry I will not post reps + PMs confirming that. I don't go after toddlers.
Svetlio pouring so much "tea (of truth)" in this thread
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #251
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
ignoring the usual thing

i think she needs that one big win on clay to get over her head issues (which is all i think it really is)...she was almost there against sveta, jj and stosur and i don't think she would have come that close to beating 3 "better" clay court players if she couldn't play on the dirt...

i still believe that one incident has scarred her mentally on clay, and especially at RG where she seems to fight herself way more than usual when she gets tight...much like how uso 08 win calmed her down after going slamless from AO 07, it's gonna take getting over that mental hurdle on clay if she's to win RG again

personally however, i'm not bothered if she doesn't win another RG...i look forward to clay simply because the slower surface forces more consistency into her game, especially if she has had an "average" start to the year, and she plays better in the 2nd half of the year...so even after her absence loss at RG this year i wasn't bothered about wimbledon or OG so if she doesn't win RG next year, let's just say I'll only worry if she goes out 1st rd at wimbledon or uso
I'm not one who's worried about Serena ever winning another FO title either, as I don't really like the tournament nor the surface. It's so darn boring to me. Plus the FO fans leave a lot to be desired, and over the years they have just gotten progressively worse.

It's difficult to ascertain what Serena needs to do to win the FO title, tbh.
I wonder if she herself even knows.
Fortunately, with Patrick in her corner, we should see improvements on the red stuff this year.
And if she can get past the 1st round I'd bet we will get to witness a revitalized and motivated player ready to go deep and prove her mettle like she always does.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #252
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
You're still talking? When was Maria's last title on a non-clay surface?! Yet you still pencil her favorite at Oz open, u.s. open, even wimby..

It ain't like Serena's getting blown out on the surface..lots of matches lost from winning positions.
in '09 she managed to lost twice after having mp's.. She just can relax and seal the deal.
2011 IIRC and please do not make this tread about Maria.
I was just stating sth which IMO is very true.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #253
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
2011 IIRC and please do not make this tread about Maria.
I was just stating sth which IMO is very true.
There's nothing true about it.. Who's this guy?! :
Serena's been more competitive in her losses on red-clay than Maria's been in her losses on non-clay surfaces, yet you guys still carry hope. Let us be hopeful for Serena too, no?! She did it once, maybe she can get the old magic one more time.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #254
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

You know these whores like to keep a bad bitch down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #255
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you've become accustomed to waiting 4+ years between slam wins, a 4 year old receipt is as good as gold.
You need to stop all of this reading before you get b&.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote