Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #151
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Loss against Razzano was a bit of a fluke. She should prepare like last year, she looked good going into the tournament.
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #152
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Queen of Clay.

Imagine how many she would've won if she didn't retire..
1 or 2 ? in 2010 she played 3 sets with Sharapova and lost to Stosur , it was definitely end of story , but her first retirement was too early

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #153
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
1 or 2 ? in 2010 she played 3 sets with Sharapova and lost to Stosur , it was definitely end of story , but her first retirement was too early
Edit: I was referring to her first retirement, not her second.

Last edited by JarkaFish : Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #154
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Edit: I was referring to her first retirement, not her second.
She had lost to Safina in Berlin and she was in a bad slump, for all those reasons I believe that Henin wouldn't have won the French in 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #155
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
All I'm doing is stating facts, nothing wrong with that.
right..just like 'Sharapova's mentally tougher than Serena' was supposed to be fact.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #156
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

Stuttgart and Rome.
She has two more chances at RG, three max. Yes, fans love her in Charleston but Serena loves Majors and she needs to be preparing on the slow red clay surfaces to give herself the maximum chance in Paris.
Forget about Madrid, too.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #157
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

If she wins Miami , she should skip Charleston. Play Stuggart Madrid and Rome
Kuzzy24 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #158
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

I believe i'm right in saying that she actually said she wanted to play Stuttgart this year but was just playing too much with Fed Cup included to schedule it, so i think she'll try and play it in 2013.

For me, post Miami she should take a 2 weeks break, skip Charleston it's neither here nor there for clay preperation its just a nice friendly event, she can play that in 2014 when she's knocked off this second French goal. Play the Fed Cup tie and then play Stuttgart. Take that next week off, go to Paris and train on French clay for a week. Then play Madrid now it's back on red clay, but don't prioritize it. If i were her i'd even consider playing Madrid with 75% serve because the altitude won't be reflected in Paris and it might give her more rallying practice that she'll need for RG, instead of the grass court points she played there this year

Get 2 or 3 wins under her belt in Madrid, tank/withdraw in the QF head to Rome early and practice, and then go all out to win that tournament which is the best practice for the French. Back to Paris for a last training week and she's sorted. Enough matches under her belt, in the best possible conditions, not overplaying, and hopefully in the mindset to actually work at RG and slug it out which she'll need to do rather than expect to just be able to turn it on like she does at Wimby.

However i think she'll do: Charleston, Madrid, Rome. Possibly Stuttgart as well if she's feeling super fit and healthy.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #159
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

she should play just stuttgart and rome.....no need of madrid and charleston.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #160
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.porsche-tennis.com/prod/p...opnews#pagetop
According to this, Lord not planning to grace Stuttgart with her holy presence.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #161
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

she must play european claycourt tournaments. Stuttgart/Madrid and Rome with special preparation only on red clay.

if sharapova managed to win Roland garros, dont see why someone like serena williams cant.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #162
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
http://www.porsche-tennis.com/prod/p...opnews#pagetop
According to this, Lord not planning to grace Stuttgart with her holy presence.
Vika either, she doesn't wanna face another beatdown I guess.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #163
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

The FO 12 vs Razzano was an extreme circumstance, playing against an inspired French player in front of a hostile French crowd, therefore the jittery and losing focus. Serena has a history at this Slams that's appeared to be her biggest obstacle to win this Slam, mentally wise. Playing many matches prior on clay added to the situation as someone mentioned earlier.

I think Serena is going to keep her old schedule in 2013. She just had to work on her mental approach about the FO tournament. In the match vs Virginia, at the change over, you can see the sight of nerves and getting tense on Serena's face that she let the crowd got the better part of her. Next year it will be different, even if she 'll have to face a French player again.

Whether it would be enough to win the FO, it's another different story. While the odds of Serena to win the FO is just as good ( or better than) as any top contenders, the nature of that specific Slam is so unique that requires the winners have to have lots of things line up right for them to win, besides their own abilities. It's a matter of who is gonna be the lottery winner among the contenders.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #164
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart's amazing line up has disappeared for 2013.

Still better than Sydney, though.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #165
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Stuttgart's amazing line up has disappeared for 2013.

Still better than Sydney, though.
Last year's Stuttgart line-up was EXCEPTIONALLY strong, even by that tournament's very high standards. The 2013 one, while not as good as 2012, will still make it one of the strongest sub-Tier 1s of the year
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote