Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #136
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
She's had six seasons to have good results and her best is only three SF's at Rome and her best win is over #11 Safina in 2007.

Really, she isn't going to win the French again.
Why are you still carrying on? And why are you so focused on this?

You've already stated your opinion. No need to repeat it over and over in every post you make now. You have nothing else of value to add to this thread. Good-bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #137
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you still carrying on? And why are you so focused on this?

You've already stated your opinion. No need to repeat it over and over in every post you make now. You have nothing else of value to add to this thread. Good-bye.
All I'm doing is stating facts, nothing wrong with that.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #138
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All I'm doing is stating facts, nothing wrong with that.
"Serena will never win the French Open again" is most definitely not a fact, ma'am.

Quote:
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #139
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's had six seasons to have good results and her best is only three SF's at Rome and her best win is over #11 Safina in 2007.

Really, she isn't going to win the French again.
the kind of foolishness that gets bumped the next time for a quick laugh.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #140
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

I was watching YouTube videos of Serena's clay court matches and I was surprised to find out RG 12 wasn't the first time she cried at the event 3 years earlier against zakopolova in the 1st round she cried after leading by a wide margin the 2nd set . Mentally she's a midget at RG hopefully Patrick's calm persons will help her at RG. We already saw the results, with her composure at the US open, following the foot fault call, and at the YEC when she played horribly against Kerber, Na, and Azarenka .
Kuzzy24 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #141
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Serena should focus more on the traditional red clay tournament if she really wanna be at her best for RG. RG is the only tournament that she can't come in without any type of good preparation on the surface. Green clay and the really speedy madrid clay doesn,t help her doing that. The problem tho is that the proper red clay tournaments are all too close together for Serena's taste, she'd end up too tired at RG. I say she plays CHarleston/madrid and rome and train really hard before RG on proper clay.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #142
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
Serena needs to learn from Maria how to schedule for RG.
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #143
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Wouldn't be surprised if she still can't manage to win the FO even if she's on form in this weak clay clourter era.

Last edited by JarkaFish : Dec 5th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #144
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Serena needs to learn from Maria how to schedule for RG.
And how to move on clay, how to hit her forehand on it, how to play on it in general, etc.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #145
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how everyone particularly povatards trying hard to be Serena's coach on clay tennis. I mean, really? Since 2002 when Serena won FO, how many players (beside Henin)have won FO more than Serena? Yes, none! So all winners since 2002 (including pova) are not any better than Serena. If they were, they would have won more than her and pova just won her 1st since how many years on tour playing the French?

Remains to be seen if pova would repeat (highly unlikely).....until the reverse is the case, she too ain't better than anyone since 2002 regardless of bs stats her fans tout on here.!!!
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #146
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

You know a thread is a mess when the "pontificator-in-chief" Dawntreader makes the most sense ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
It's hilarious that people think Sharapova is a good slider on clay She basically just plants both feet and lunges into the clay. There is no technical emphasis on the right or leg left being used as the anchor for the slide, nor is there any emphasis on balance going into the slide.

What Sharapova has improved on in clay movement wise, is anticipating the direction of the ball, and thus her court positioning is much better on clay now. But she's hardly a natural or technically adept slider, when you compare her to Henin, Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Schiavone etc.

Pierce had lumpy footwork at the best of the times, but she understood the dynamics of sliding much more than Pova does on clay. Let's face it, movement for Pova on clay has always been entirely secondary.
...but this is pretty much true. Of course Maria's movement and sliding was improved this year, but this was only a very small part of what made her defense so good. More important was the fact she was anticipating so much better, and especially, she was doing much more with the ball when on the defence and showing much better defensive touch than she had in years past on clay (or on any other surface). So often, when someone gets Maria on the run, all she usually does is throw up a lame spinless high ball which sits up short and begs for her opponent to smack it away .... but on clay this year, she was using the extra time the surface gives her to use some surprisingly skilled racquet-work to sort of sling the ball at a low angle deeper into the court, thus not immediately giving away the initiative like she usually does when on the defence. Actually, something that's most exciting for Sharapova fans is that in terms of her actual movement, she actually still has quite a bit of room for improvement for her movement on clay -- if she can just bring her sliding to her forehand side up to the level to which she can slide to her backhand, she could make her claycourt game even more watertight.

Special LOL @ Aceshigh claiming Maria didn't adapt her game to clay atall this year. In the RG final, she was using pretty much a classic claycourt strategy. She was CLEARLY playing a very high-% game for her standards, and was using more extreme angles and generally putting more thought into constructing the point. Over the last 10 years, the only players who've used more claycourt-specific gameplans to win RG were Henin (obviously) and Kuznetsova (God knows why people think Schiavone's slicing and net-rushing is a traditional claycourt game....in past generations, that would've been seen as more of a grasscourt game if anything). Anyone who seriously looks at the way Maria was playing in the later rounds of RG, and compares it to how she was playing at the US Open for example, and concludes she was playing the exact same way strategically, really has no right to call themselves a tennis fan.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #147
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that skipping Madrid might be a smart choice. I think playing Charleston is fine though seeing as how it's early enough in season.

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #148
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
Funny how everyone particularly povatards trying hard to be Serena's coach on clay tennis. I mean, really? Since 2002 when Serena won FO, how many players (beside Henin)have won FO more than Serena? Yes, none! So all winners since 2002 (including pova) are not any better than Serena. If they were, they would have won more than her and pova just won her 1st since how many years on tour playing the French?

Remains to be seen if pova would repeat (highly unlikely).....until the reverse is the case, she too ain't better than anyone since 2002 regardless of bs stats her fans tout on here.!!!
well lets say we start masha from 2004

that's 8 years to win the french

serena won in in 2002. so that's 10 years since she's won the french

they both won 1 FO

therefore your commentary makes no sense, as per
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #149
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Roland Garros

since 2000
1)Henin 4W , 1SF
2)Pierce 1W,2RU,1QF
3) Kuznetsova 1W,1RU,1SF,2QF
4) Schiavone 1W, 1RU, 1QF
5) Ivanovic 1W,1RU, 1QF
6)Capriati 1W,3SF, 2QF
7)Sharapova 1W, 2SF, 3QF
8)Serena 1W, 1SF, 5QF
9)Li Na 1W
10)Myskina 1W

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #150
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Roland Garros

since 2000
1)Henin 4W , 1SF
2)Pierce 1W,2RU,1QF
3) Kuznetsova 1W,1RU,1SF,2QF
4) Schiavone 1W, 1RU, 1QF
5) Ivanovic 1W,1RU, 1QF
6)Capriati 1W,3SF, 2QF
7)Sharapova 1W, 2SF, 3QF
8)Serena 1W, 1SF, 5QF
9)Li Na 1W
10)Myskina 1W
Queen of Clay.

Imagine how many she would've won if she didn't retire..
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote