What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

The Little Mermaid (1989) 19 16.81%
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) 0 0%
Beauty and the Beast (1991) 18 15.93%
Aladdin (1992) 14 12.39%
The Lion King (1994) 38 33.63%
Pocahontas (1995) 7 6.19%
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) 2 1.77%
Hercules (1997) 3 2.65%
Mulan (1998) 11 9.73%
Tarzan (1999) 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #46
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite.

Also loved the Little Mermaid. Lion King is pretty cool but mostly just to sing along to the songs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #47
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

How is the golden era for Disney the 80's and 90's? Are you completely ignoring the 30's to earl;y 60's when Walt was around and revolutionized animation? You young folks are so clueless!
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #48
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When it comes to Disney animated films, there's the original "Fantasia," there's "The Lion King," and then there's everything else.
What about Snow White? Cinderella? Pinnociho? All the Mickey shorts? Lady and the Tramp?
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #49
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

The Aristocats eclipses all of the films on this list, followed by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post

...and then The Lion King.

Looking at the entire list, all my favourites come from the 60s to the 80s with only a couple of exceptions (Lion King & Fantasia)
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #50
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #51
country flag Julian.
La reine de la terre battue.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie_Dude View Post
How is the golden era for Disney the 80's and 90's? Are you completely ignoring the 30's to earl;y 60's when Walt was around and revolutionized animation? You young folks are so clueless!
I know but how many of us here actually watched those movies in 30s to early 60s to have enough opinions to vote?

I should've said Disney Renaissance era That's why I put the late 1980s to late 1990s in the bracket. Most of us grew up in this era of Disney.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #52
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I know but how many of us here actually watched those movies in 30s to early 60s to have enough opinions to vote?

I should've said Disney Renaissance era That's why I put the late 1980s to late 1990s in the bracket. Most of us grew up in this era of Disney.
Tapes/DVDs? Actually I pretty much watched them all in the 80s when I was a child. By the 90s with the new films, I still watched them but it was a different connection because I wasn't a child anymore. LOL.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Copp้lia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #53
country flag Julian.
La reine de la terre battue.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Tapes/DVDs? Actually I pretty much watched them all in the 80s when I was a child. By the 90s with the new films, I still watched them but it was a different connection because I wasn't a child anymore. LOL.
Yeah not of all us bought the tapes and DVDs of those really old movies

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #54
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

The Lion King, followed by Aladdin.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #55
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

So many Lion King stans on the board
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #56
country flag Barrie_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post

For me, the early Disney was best as the animation was all hand drawn and painted, frame by frame. Painsaking work. In fact, no one ever thought of an animated feature length movie because of the work involved! So, my hats off to Mr Disney
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #57
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

The Rescuers Down Under was the first movie I ever went to in my life.
Aladdin, then Beauty and the Beast, then Pocahontas.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #58
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

The first film I ever saw in a theater was Beauty and the Beast.

I wonder for how many of us this would be the case (first cinema experience was something Disney)?
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #59
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute

Disney was my very first film experience too. Snow White in the early 90's. Surprising that it was still being screened even then in hindsight.
Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #60
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie_Dude View Post
What about Snow White? Cinderella? Pinnociho? All the Mickey shorts? Lady and the Tramp?
They're all in the "everything else" category.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote