What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

The Little Mermaid (1989) 19 16.81%
The Rescuers Down Under (1990) 0 0%
Beauty and the Beast (1991) 18 15.93%
Aladdin (1992) 14 12.39%
The Lion King (1994) 38 33.63%
Pocahontas (1995) 7 6.19%
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) 2 1.77%
Hercules (1997) 3 2.65%
Mulan (1998) 11 9.73%
Tarzan (1999) 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #31
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post

When did the Emporer's New Grove come out... just watched that recently and it wasn't as bad as I remember.
It came out in 2000 . Eartha Kitt as Yzma was my fave character by far in that movie
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #32
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of
Re: What is your favorite Disney movie from its golden era (late 1980s - late 1990s)?

Mulan
Believe or not but I haven't seen Pocahontas . Even though my friends had VHS's (you know, we were exchanging them all the time).

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #33
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post
Was A Bug's Life with Pixar? That's one of my all time favs too!

I really couldn't choose between The Little Mermaid and The Lion King but since I had to I picked one I went with TLM as I watched that over and over in college with my friend and sang all the songs.

When did the Emporer's New Grove come out... just watched that recently and it wasn't as bad as I remember.
Yes a Bug's life was with pixar.

Emperor's New Grove came out in early 2000s. It was right after this era ended with Tarzan.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #34
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Lion King

The Rescuers Down Under Who watched that shit?

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #35
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
The Rescuers Down Under Who watched that shit?
I know

I never watched that movie, so I can't really judge it

It just happen to be released during this good era of Disney

• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #36
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

I didn't like Beauty and the Beast at all. I wasn't prone to watching romantic girly movies . But I managed to watch The Swan Princess quite a few times.
Liked Hercules a lot. And Ursula in The Little Mermaid. She seemed so engaging .
Yeah, the kid of 90's.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #37
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Ali, fabulously he, Ali ababwa!

I've watched most of these within the last year except for the Rescuers Down Under and Tarzan. I've never seen Tarzan actually or the Emperor's New Groove. I think things went a bit downhill after Pocahontas. They were still good movies and they probably are underrated but they still don't really compare with the likes of Aladdin and The Lion King (my top 2) Mulan was a bit of a resurgence though.

I wonder if age plays a bit of a part in which childhood movies you favour because I was 8 when Aladdin came out and 10 when The Lion King was released. I wouldn't have been so into The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast because they were a bit too girly. I certainly watched them and enjoyed them though. I was very eager to see Pocahontas when it came out though. I thought and still think that she absolutely beautiful!!! I know she's just a cartoon but she's gorgeous! Anyway, Disney/Pixar films are great but I don't think they're any better than these traditionally animated films and I'm glad that Disney had committed to releasing more traditionally animated films because this artform should not be lost! These movies were and still are masterpieces! I think that they are thematically superior to most Disney/Pixar movies and the music was just miiiiiilllleeeesss better.

The only Disney/Pixar movies that measure up are the Toy Story trilogy (each one better than the last and worth their weight in gold), Monsters, Inc. (touching, cute and funny) and Finding Nemo (I love it more each time I watch it). I didn't finish WallE or The Incredibles (I might have finished The Incredibles, I can't even remember because I was not taken with it at all) I do think I could possibly love WallE if I finished it but I need some dialogue in a film. A Bug's Life and Ratatouille were very good. Up was great but I had very high hopes for it and my expectations were not quite met. I have no interest in Cars at all. It seems amateurish compared to the likes of Finding Nemo, Monsters and TS 1-3. These movies are up there with Aladdin and The Lion King.

Also, The Rescuers Down Under was great, the klutzy albatross, the creepy salamander, cute little mice! It had it all!

101 Dalmations should've been mentioned by now as well since we're talking about the oldies too! Cruella De Ville, Cruella De Ville, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will, she's like a spider waiting for the kill, Cruella, Cruella De Ville!

I read about how highly regarded Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is/was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficent_(Disney)

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #38
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

^ Tarzan was one of the best imo. You should watch it

I was so amazed with the graphics and special effect at that time and the soundtracks were amazing.

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #39
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

1.The Little Mermaid
2.Aladdin
3.Mulan
4.Pocahontas
5.Beauty and the Beast
6.Hercules
7.The Lion King
8.Tarzan
9.The Hunchback if Notre Dame

I've never seen The Rescuers Down Under.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #40
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Mufasa's death is one of the most tragic moments of my childhood

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #41
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Mufasa's death is one of the most tragic moments of my childhood
Both of my brothers cried during that scene. I always remember that when ever the Lion king is mentioned

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #42
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Beauty and the Beast. As a kid I think I just loved the drama and the romance but now when I watch it I appreciate the sense of mystique and charm of a magical castle hidden away in an old, enigmatic French forest. There's a depth and truthfulness about the story as well as a beautiful atmosphere that I didn't really feel with other Disney movies, other than perhaps Snow White.

Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #43
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

The Lion King.
It has to be the first movie I really loved as a kid.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #44
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to Disney animated films, there's the original "Fantasia," there's "The Lion King," and then there's everything else.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #45
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post

But of the ones listed, Lion King
Agree on both sides.

Man, I get teary just thinking about a certain scene in Fox and the Hound. Fans of the film all know what scene I'm talking about
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote