Tokyo QF: A. Radwanska def. Wozniacki 6-4, 6-3 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #121
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Tokyo QF: A. Radwanska def. Wozniacki 6-4, 6-3

Disappointing result for Caroline for sure! This match was closer the score suggests, but Radwanska was better at almost everything. She is so winning the title, unless Peak Sam suddenly makes an appearance!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #122
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

how cold that girl become world number one with that forehand, Radwanska looked like a ballbasher compared to wozniacki, i think something happened to wozniacki because in the past years she played better than this

Supporter of the lefties Safarova, Kerber and Benesova trying to replace the great Patty Schnyder

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
TheHangover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #123
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHangover View Post
how cold that girl become world number one with that forehand, Radwanska looked like a ballbasher compared to wozniacki, i think something happened to wozniacki because in the past years she played better than this

Woz was the more active player in this match most of the time so FAIL.
And her forehand ddin't even look that bad to me.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #124
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
Caro is younger than either Kerber or Radwanska who have been displaying some ridiculous defense skills this year. I think her decline is probably more caused by her team not knowing how to evolve Caro's game from where it was in early 2011, thus making mistakes and trying too many things and too much traveling, chasing her boyfriend around the world between the tournaments when other players have a more stable lifestyle.
Pretty much. They should never have forced attacking style upon her at all costs.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #125
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

So good for Radwanska, i'm so happy but on the other hand i hope Wozniacki will play better the next time
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #126
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Aga!

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #127
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

This result is actually very surprising

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #128
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
Yes.

But the match-up has also changed due to the simple fact Karolina is terrible. She's just terrible. When they were desperately attempting to transform her into an offensive player, they tweaked her forehand and she now hits with even less depth and less topspin than when she was SEWTA#1. She also doesn't attempt much of the moonballs and general junk which forced opponents like Radwanska to generate their own pace and was the only saving grace of that forehand. They probably hoped that the slight change would enable her forehand to take on more balls but it's worse than it has ever been.

She's also a little slower, serve non-existent, backhand has deteriorated, doesn't seem to anticipate as well and she has lost the confidence that she used to be so full of. A straight sets win for Radwanska is the only logical result against that.
Hopeless analysis! Typical TF post where all conclusions are made on the basis of watching match highlights for a few minutes.

There are visible improvements in Caro's game compared to second half of 2011 and spring/summer this year. The improvements were already visible in the US hardcourt season. Caro's forehand is still very inconsistent but she's now able to apply more depth and pressure with it during points. Much better than during the moonballing days when the forehand was merely a transportation shot.

Moreover, Caro definitely moves as fast and well as before. And if anything, the serve is better than before although it will never be a great weapon. The only two obvious points of deterioation in Caro's game relate to her backhand and - most importantly - her confidence. I can't figure out why the backhand has been a victim of changing her playing style. Possibly because all the focus in practice is on improving her forehand.

The confidence drop is clearly the biggest worry. A player like Caro, who doesn't possess great technique or natural shotmaking abilities, lives off her enthusiasm and determination. Those factors are spurred by confidence. So when the confidence level drops it has tremendous effect on the entire game. But the confidence often returns over time when results gradually start to improve. That's why it's so important that Caro has done relatively well since Wimby and recorded a few good wins. According to herself, all the focus is on being 100% ready for the start of the 2013 season, and she's getting there one step at a time.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #129
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post
Hopeless analysis! Typical TF post where all conclusions are made on the basis of watching match highlights for a few minutes.

There are visible improvements in Caro's game compared to second half of 2011 and spring/summer this year. The improvements were already visible in the US hardcourt season. Caro's forehand is still very inconsistent but she's now able to apply more depth and pressure with it during points. Much better than during the moonballing days when the forehand was merely a transportation shot.
This is incorrect. She had a much better first serve and her FH had much more depth at the beginning of the year. It should be pretty telling when Radwanska is able to hit outright return winners on your first serve.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #130
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Confidence is the key difference in Caroline's game, and Aga's for that matter. She's doubting every shot because she's unsure of her game. She still has it in patches, but she's making errors on far too many big points. The win in Guangzhou and the win over Li Na should help her get it back. I've seen her hit a good forehand, so I know she can do it. It must be even more frustrating for her than for her fans.

Winning begets winning. Losing begets losing. Just ask Jelena or Ana.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #131
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
This result is actually very surprising
They split their last two matches: Caro winning in 3 at the YEC and Aga winning in 3 in Sydney and Caro was playing fairly poorly this week so this result wasn't much of a surprise to me. Caro's level of play was more probably more of a disspointment to me than the actual result.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #132
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

That's like tennis in the 80ties - just like nothing had happen in the past decades!

How can Wozniacki ever win a match with these stastics? Twice as many errors than winners! It was even worse the round before...
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #133
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Borz's backhand hasn't regressed. Her confidence is shattered due to the UEs which make her unwilling to go for it.

She still creates beautiful points off her BH, especially when she was fighting back against Paszek at Wimbledon and hit a series of BH winners.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #134
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold

Full match (Russian)
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #135
country flag Slamlesswanska

Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future

That return at 59:21
Slamlesswanska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote