The Cranberries: Zombielovers united! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM   #1
country flag Haimar

Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute
The Cranberries: Zombielovers united!

I've seen a lot of people on this board posting things about The Cranberries, which might be kind of weird for a group that hasn't released anything since 2002, but in my opinion their songs are so powerful and still actual that everyone should have heard at least some of them. The Cranberries are my absolute favourite band ever, but unfortunately I've been born too late to see them live together, but I'm getting a chance in a couple of months because they are touring again

So what are your favourite songs?
What do you love about them?
Are you going to the new tour?

Some of my faves:

Their biggest hit Zombie

IMO the best song ever Empty

Daffodil lament

When you're gone
Haimar is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:40 PM   #2
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Cranberries: Zombielovers united!

The first two albums were great. I still listen to them from time to time. But they never managed to get close to that level again imo. Their next albums (apart from Burry the hatchet) were pretty bad.
I still love Dolores' voice though
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:46 PM   #3
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

OMG this past couple of weeks i've been playing their albums like CRAZY

i didn't see this coming but woohoo

and Haimar how can you NOT list Linger and You and Me there
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:49 PM   #4
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivero View Post
The first two albums were great. I still listen to them from time to time. But they never managed to get close to that level again imo. Their next albums (apart from Burry the hatchet) were pretty bad.
I still love Dolores' voice though
i was about to say

It's just like The Cardigans , both these groups just lost the plot (although Nina came back with A-camp which is ) hopefully they'll get back to their original formula this time

Last edited by volta : Jan 21st, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
volta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM   #5
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always surprised by their wide-ranging popularity. They seem to be known all over the world. I like "When You're Gone" best out of the songs that you posted. Thanks for posting it - I'm going to download it now!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #6
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I love Erase and Rewind by The Cardigans.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #7
country flag volta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I'm always surprised by their wide-ranging popularity. They seem to be known all over the world. I like "When You're Gone" best out of the songs that you posted. Thanks for posting it - I'm going to download it now!
they were HUUGE back in the 90's that's why lots of people know them

some people hate Dolore's voice but i ADORE it , it's just so different and even though it's not the best out there she can really put some emotion on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I love Erase and Rewind by The Cardigans.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH don't get me started with The Cardigans ._. Gran Turismo is such a great album
Nina's voice is STUNNING and WOW WOW WOW at their lyrics and melodies x_x

o/t but this is one of my abs favs

these 2 groups are/were amazing
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 11:44 PM   #8
country flag Dementieva_Dude
Always a bridesmaid...and that's okay

Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

MY favourite Cranberries song is 'Ode to My Family', but that whole album was so good!

"Special Relations" Officer on the S.S Dementieva(Retired Golden Goddess)
Dementieva_Dude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 12:59 AM   #9
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute

No Need To Argue will always have a special place in my audio heart

Everything I Said was one of the many tracks on the album i played over and over and over...
I'm going out, I'm going to drink myself to death
And in the crowd I see you with someone else
I brace myself 'cause I know it's going to hurt
But I like to think at least things can't get any worse
[center]
gorecki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 01:03 AM   #10
country flag northern lad

northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute northern lad has a reputation beyond repute

the cranberries played in NYC in november and i couldn't go

i have seen the cardigans live though
northern lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 01:04 AM   #11
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post
they were HUUGE back in the 90's that's why lots of people know them

some people hate Dolore's voice but i ADORE it , it's just so different and even though it's not the best out there she can really put some emotion on it

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH don't get me started with The Cardigans ._. Gran Turismo is such a great album
Nina's voice is STUNNING and WOW WOW WOW at their lyrics and melodies x_x

o/t but this is one of my abs favs

these 2 groups are/were amazing
Long Gone Before Daylight's became my fave Cardigans' album.
Communication. You're The Storm. Couldn't Care Less. And Then You Kissed Me. For What It's Worth. Live and Learn.
[center]
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 01:05 AM   #12
country flag gorecki

[center]
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 07:26 AM   #13
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

Another vote for "Ode To My Family." Great, great song. Dolores really did have an excellent and distinctive voice (though she came off pretty grumpy in interviews at times...).
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM   #14
country flag Safe-From-Harm

Safe-From-Harm has disabled reputation

I like them,,but not a fan.
Animal instinct-my fave song from them.
Safe-From-Harm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM   #15
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

My favourites are Linger, No Need to Argue and 21. Also, their cover of Close to You is amazing!

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote