Martina Hingis, overrated? - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #316
country flag et316rapier

et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice et316rapier is just really nice
Re: Martina Hingis, overrated?

Funny how Martina generates so much discussion,
The Martina haters cannot stand the fact that retired Martina is still on the scene through Tennis, Equestrian and various charity and goodwill events.

Where is the mention of the majority of Martina's retired opponents?

I'll go to the AO again in January to see Martina again.
et316rapier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #317
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by et316rapier View Post
Funny how Martina generates so much discussion,
The Martina haters cannot stand the fact that retired Martina is still on the scene through Tennis, Equestrian and various charity and goodwill events.

Where is the mention of the majority of Martina's retired opponents?

I'll go to the AO again in January to see Martina again.
It won't be funny for you when Azarenka will surpass Legend in her achievements

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #318
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
It won't be funny for you when Azarenka will surpass Legend in her achievements
Has it ever occured to you that no one actually gives a shit about Manpova or Azarenka?

-- Legend, shortly before crushing Vulturepova
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #319
country flag sfan

sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice

No. Maria and Hingis are very underrated on this forum. Serena's gang just loves to insult these two because they are more famous and sucessful than either of the Williamses.

Roland Garros 2012 -

Maria Sharapova - Champion
Serena Williams - Kicked out in R1
sfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #320
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfan View Post
No. Maria and Hingis are very underrated on this forum. Serena's gang just loves to insult these two because they are more famous and sucessful than either of the Williamses.
You're really on a roll tonight. A deluded, pressed roll.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #321
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfan View Post
Now, let's be realistic, the "W's" are probably the most successful and best known sisters in the world....yes, I agree Sharapova is "the more famous (worldwide) of the four", Martina was always in the "news" when she played but give her credit she's still "out there" just finished giving a tennis clinic in Kasakhstan for a bunch of children !

Barmaid

Last edited by barmaid : Oct 9th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #322
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

There are as many (if not more) Sharapova trolls than there are Williams trolls in this thread.

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #323
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of

hingis in slam finals against top ten players won 1 lost 6

slam finals against players ranked outwith the top ten, won 4 lost 1

average rank of players she won slam finals against - 26.2

average rank of players she lost slam finals to - 5.85

stats imply hingis required a lower ranked player as opposition, otherwise her odds for winning were pretty low
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #324
country flag hingisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyders76 View Post
hingis in slam finals against top ten players won 1 lost 6

slam finals against players ranked outwith the top ten, won 4 lost 1

average rank of players she won slam finals against - 26.2

average rank of players she lost slam finals to - 5.85

stats imply hingis required a lower ranked player as opposition, otherwise her odds for winning were pretty low
That's a misleading stat because she played quite a few top players who were injured/did not play enough to get their ranking up. It's ridiculous to suggest that her victories in finals would have been more legit if she played world #3 Coetzer or someone like that

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #325
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post
That's a misleading stat because she played quite a few top players who were injured/did not play enough to get their ranking up. It's ridiculous to suggest that her victories in finals would have been more legit if she played world #3 Coetzer or someone like that
just pointing out that if she faced a top ten player in a slam final, she usually lost

against top ten she won only 14% of the time

if she faced someone outside the top ten she won 80% of the time
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #326
country flag hingisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyders76 View Post
just pointing out that if she faced a top ten player in a slam final, she usually lost

against top ten she won only 14% of the time

if she faced someone outside the top ten she won 80% of the time
I understand that. I'm just pointing out that Venus, Mauresmo, Pierce, Martinez, and Novotna are 5 Hall-of-Fame calibre players regardless of what their ranking was at the time, and that beating one of them is more impressive than if she beat a top 10 or top 5 player like Fernandez, Coetzer, Spirlea, Tauziat etc.