Why do girls miss so many simple balls? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #31
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Most female players have very little tennis skill, they only learn to hit shots from the baseline.

I think it's some kind of intelligence thing in our brains, men are just better at sports.
IKR? They should stay in the kitchen where they belong.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #32
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Most female players have very little tennis skill, they only learn to hit shots from the baseline.

I think it's some kind of intelligence thing in our brains, men are just better at sports.
your post is more about Djokovic than about the likes of Mauresmo

Some ATP fans watching how their scrubs are playing 50-shot ping-pong rallies (without any attempt from both sides to strike a winner) are just forgetting that WTA consists of different players and at the top of the tour are those whose techniques are more beneficial on the exact surfaces

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #33
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
your post is more about Djokovic than about the likes of Mauresmo
I said "most", since when does Mauresmo represent WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
IKR? They should stay in the kitchen where they belong.
People don't watch WTA for pure tennis anyway. The fans watch it because of all the drama, and the general public watch it just to you know what...
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #34
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

And yet I would assume that together with other issues there's a mental one. Women and men are said to be quite different in terms of mentality. I think, it's quite obvious even though nowadays that border began to fade at some points. You know those expressions about Venus and Mars, head and heart. Let's take relationships as an example. While men just feel, women need to think and reflect. Tennis is such a dynamic and fast game, there's little room for thinking there. I guess, men tend to feel the game better than women do. Often we need to stop and think while guys play more naturally. Though it's just a theory not based on any researches therefore, I may be mistaken.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #35
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said "most", since when does Mauresmo represent WTA?

People don't watch WTA for pure tennis anyway. The fans watch it because of all the drama, and the general public watch it just to you know what...
a number of TF members are watching women tennis because they like women tennis.....

I watch both and can say that there are a number of great matches and the matches which should be erazed from memory (in quality) in both tours

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #36
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
a number of TF members are watching women tennis because they like women tennis.....

I watch both and can say that there are a number of great matches and the matches which should be erazed from memory (in quality) in both tours
Yes in match quality it's probably even, but in terms of tennis skill it's different story...

I like watching WTA too when there are great matches (almost none these days), but I don't watch it to be amazed by their tennis skill if you know what I mean.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #37
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

I think every tennis player makes mistakes on put away shots (the number would vary on the person, male or female). When you, they, or whoever knows they just have to hit one ball and they should win the point theres a good chance a mistake (overhit, dump it in the net etc) will be made.

I must say the worst female player at put away shots, in my mind, is Wickmayer as she seems oblivious to what her opponent is doing during such shots, where they are heading etc on a put away shot (there will be a male equivalent tho dont watch enough mens tennis tbh). This oftens results in a complete shocker of a "put away"
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #38
country flag QuestJon

QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold

Hey?

There is an obvious answer.

You know there is a biological difference.

Men are using this additional pendulum to have a better
feeling for the center axis of their body while on the run.

So they can hit the ball clearly in a better balanced position.

QuestJon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #39
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post
Everytime a female player has to do an overhead smash I hold my breath.
Thank you Patrick
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #40
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You people are unbelievable

Most women can't even play a slice, let alone have skill even close to a mens future player.
Djokovic's slices during the USO final were quite pathetic.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #41
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Djokovic's slices during the USO final are quite pathetic.
Uhum, that seems right
ivanban is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #42
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

The cramps. The bloating. JJ has told you the reason, but you refuse to hear.

There may have been some sarcasm in that statement.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #43
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

A combination of lacking technique and overthinking...
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #44
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Flat shots vs topsin?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #45
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

A combination of

1. Lack of power (reliable controlled power)
2. Lack of concentration (finishing the point in your head before you have done it with your racquet)
3. Lack of patience and judgement (is it really an easy shot or am I better off to prepare for an even better shot)
4. Shot selection (conventional volley, drive volley, let it bounce, take the overhead out of the air, slice attack or hard deep)
5. Poor peripheral vision (react to the actions of your opponent)

They all play into each other. If you are great in some areas you need to be less good in others. For example if you have great shot selection and vision you don´t need as much raw power to finish points.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote