2012-13 NFL Thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:10 AM   #46
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-13 NFL Thread

Romo Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:36 AM   #47
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Skins draw Seattle. Hope RG3 tries to run on that defense
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:12 AM   #48
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Nice knowin' ya, Lovie! Though it's the offense, from coaching staff down, that needs overhauling, not your position. Wake The Fcuk Up, McCaskeys!!!

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:22 PM   #49
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Romo Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep another "clutch" performance by Romo and the 'Boys with a playoff spot on the line. It's becoming a holidays tradition.

RG3 wasn't even good yesterday (of course he was not 100%). Most of his passes were off, he was running at half speed at times but still made some key 1st downs with his legs.
But what a stellar showing from Alfred Morris. 200 yards, over 1600 for the season - 3rd all time for a rookie RB. And to think he's a 6th round pick. Some comparisons to another 6th rounder back who was coached by Shanahan - a guy called Terrell Davis - were made.

P.S. Dallas first TD was ridiculous. That was as clear a delay of game as you'll ever see. Don't all scoring plays get reviewed? And how is that s**t not challengeable?
In any case, having a ref note a clock violation is so stupid. What are we, in the 1950s? Ever heard of a buzzer?
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 09:09 PM   #50
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post

Yep another "clutch" performance by Romo and the 'Boys with a playoff spot on the line. It's becoming a holidays tradition.

RG3 wasn't even good yesterday (of course he was not 100%). Most of his passes were off, he was running at half speed at times but still made some key 1st downs with his legs.
But what a stellar showing from Alfred Morris. 200 yards, over 1600 for the season - 3rd all time for a rookie RB. And to think he's a 6th round pick. Some comparisons to another 6th rounder back who was coached by Shanahan - a guy called Terrell Davis - were made.

P.S. Dallas first TD was ridiculous. That was as clear a delay of game as you'll ever see. Don't all scoring plays get reviewed? And how is that s**t not challengeable?
In any case, having a ref note a clock violation is so stupid. What are we, in the 1950s? Ever heard of a buzzer?
Because delay of game would have been a penalty, and those can neither be called nor ovaturned from upstairs. I agree that its stupid, as are the first-down chains (how exactly do they prevent slight error bringing them in) and the use of whistles; which I think will be replaced with buzzers as soon as a fan @ an NFL, NBA, or NHL game stops a big play by blowing one.

(Wait, what's the NHL? )

Great first round matchup between 2 of the 3 standout rookie QB's (RG3 and Russell Wilson) next weekend.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #51
country flag King Halep

Houston offense starting to look like shit. Another second round exit
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #52
country flag King Halep

Very close game between WASH-SEA. Wash started off 14-0 but Seattle are looking better now. RG3 needs to stop trying to run he can barely move now. Wilson is the one making the great runs
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #53
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very close game between WASH-SEA. Wash started off 14-0 but Seattle are looking better now. RG3 needs to stop trying to run he can barely move now. Wilson is the one making the great runs
RG3 and the Redskins looked fantastic in the opening quarter but his re-injury turned the game completely and Washington has no offense whatsoever since then, as the Seahawks know they only have to take care of Morris.
Either he or Shanahan should have admitted he's not himself anymore (can't throw properly either) and replace him with Cousins.
They are very lucky to be still leading after 3 but it won't last long if the game stays in this direction.

As for Houston, they completely dominated the weakest team in the playoffs, and should have won by 25, but did their utmost to keep it close with poor execution in the red zone and that pick-six by Schaub. Had they managed to somehow lose, it would've been the most WTF result I've seen in any game since "they are who we thought they are".
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #54
country flag King Halep

Thats the end of RG3 and Wash. So who was the genius who told him he could run the ball in this game?
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #55
country flag Archer16

Hybris and Seattle d. Washington 24(?)-14

Schottenheimer lost his job in SD after a 14-2 season over one game for not handing it to a then unstoppable LT and Shanahan's decision to keep RG3 in the game is more detrimental to his team than what Marty did there.
Game is over now, and one can only hope for Washington this isn't serious and won't affect them next season.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #56
country flag King Halep

They better hope he has not done major damage to it. Just proves my theory that theres no such thing as running QBs in the NFL, theres just an injury waiting to happen.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #57
country flag Archer16

Quote:
They better hope he has not done major damage to it. Just proves my theory that theres no such thing as running QBs in the NFL, theres just an injury waiting to happen.
I don't agree with your theory. Sure it's a high risk but also high reward as it changes the entire defensive mindset of the opposing team.
These two teams would have not made the playoffs without their running QBs, and if you go back in time there were some QBs who ran it quite a bit and had long and illustrious careers, such as Tarkenton and Young.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #58
country flag King Halep

Do you think they will continue to let RG3 run like that, assuming he recovers completely? He's also a concussion waiting to happen. Before the season, he was already considered too undersized to be a consistent runner against NFL defenders. I dont think QBs from the past ran as much, with the same athleticism and as offensively as they do now. As far as I know, Young didnt run much for most of his time at SF. The QBs from last two seasons are taking it another level.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #59
country flag Archer16

I don't know and only time will tell, but if I was a betting man I'd say yes, because that's who this team is.
You can't let fear dictate what you do, however you have to be honest with yourself about a gameday situation and Shanahan was simply lying to himself today. So was Griffin, but that's understandable with being a rookie and gametime adrenaline flowing, so I hold the veteran coach responsible for this.

I don't know that running QBs are getting injured more than passers. Brady and Manning went out for a year. Brees had a shoulder problem and his career was in jeopardy. Palmer ended his best season with a knee injury in the wild card and was never the same player since. On the other hand, Vick, certainly the most prolific running QB of the past decade, was relatively injury free in his days with the Falcons, and his injury problems started in Philly because he had no protection at all.
The quality of the offensive line is a major factor in a QB longevity potential.

Your last sentence is true, but that's part of the game's evolution. Today's rules are much more protective for QBs than 20 or 30 years ago.
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #60
country flag Archer16

John Fox is a wimp and he deserves to lose this game.
Disgusting playcalling on both sides of the ball.