2012-13 NFL Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #31
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-13 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
The Steelers 13-10 loss to the Ray-vens @ home last night was as ugly as the horizontally striped throwback uniforms they were wearing. If that wasn't the worst game in NFL history involving 2 teams with winning records this far into a season, it was close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCPsU View Post
The Pitt uniforms were atrocious. What the hell was that?
Yeah, the Steelers unis were the worst I've ever seen and Leftwich is a joke.

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #32
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

One more thing about the shootout in Texas: if it wasn't for a very odd decision by the Jags to go for it on 4th and 10 near midfield with about 4 minutes left in OT, we might've got a second tie in as many weeks.
Quote:
The Steelers 13-10 loss to the Ray-vens @ home last night was as ugly as the horizontally striped throwback uniforms they were wearing. If that wasn't the worst game in NFL history involving 2 teams with winning records this far into a season, it was close.
Went to sleep at that point (4 am here, after all), but SB V, aka "Blunder Bowl", is always a candidate. Unless you were talking about regular season game only, then I have to think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlikesbieber View Post
i wish the chargers would get it together instead of choking all the time
I kinda like them (although LT was the main reason for that to begin with) but no longer expect anything from them. I wish they would get a coach. And that Rivers would remember a pass caught by an opposing player is not a completion
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #33
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

No comment.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #34
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Redskins haven't had such a quarter pretty much since "The Quarter"
RG3 is off the charts The kid is scary good.
Not the the NFL passer rating is a very good measuring stick, but still it says something that very few QBs, most of them current or future HOFers, had two perfect passer ratings in their career, and he's with a real shot to do it in back-to-back games.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:27 AM   #35
country flag Archer16

Well, Romo made a game of it, but that's all he could do.
Anyone can explain why did DeAngelo Hall refrain from scoring on the onside kick return on the penultimate play?
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:40 AM   #36
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post

Redskins haven't had such a quarter pretty much since "The Quarter" RG3 is off the charts. The kid is scary good.

Well, Romo made a game of it, but that's all he could do. Anyone can explain why did DeAngelo Hall refrain from scoring on the onside kick return on the penultimate play?
Andrew Luck [edit: has basically] lived up to his hype, but Robert Griffin III is even better (especially as a leader) and Russell Wilson has made this a great year for new quarterbacks; with Colin Kaepernick, he didn't play enough games to say for sure yet.

The Pokes no longer have a credible running game (like in recent years, when Marion Barber and Julius Jones used to chew up yards). Even Dan Marino was hamstrung by the lack of one, only getting to one SB in an 18 year HOF career, with his Fins losing badly to the Niners.

Meanwhile the Lions and Texans competed 2C who could blow the early game, with Dee-troit finally getting that done in OT. The Jets reached a new level of embarrassment in the nightcap, giving up 21 points in less than a minute in a Pats blowout.

Hall did what you'd do up 1 point with little time left, so the other team couldn't get a runback touchdown and a 2 point conversion to tie a game. I agree that it made no sense not to score here, especially as point differential is like the 5th tiebreaker for a WC slot or a division title.

=============================================

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.

Last edited by *JR* : Jan 1st, 2013 at 03:19 AM.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #37
country flag Archer16

Week 12

Today's gamenotes:
  • Kaepernick was solid in his second start, and made some clutch throw on 3rd downs. His ceiling is almost certainly higher than Alex Smith's, but I'm not sure he's better than him right now. In any case, I like the new kid, but feel for Smith, who's played as well as he can for the last couple of seasons, and according to the crew today had won 25 out of his 26 last starts (edit: that number makes no sense, maybe it was 20 of 26?). No other coach would've made that change...
  • Saints are almost done, and although they did well to get back from 0-4 to 5-5, this murderous schedule is too much to overcome even for better defenses than their suspect one.
  • Ravens had no business winning today, in fact most of the way they were closer to being blanked than to winning. Luckily for them they were playing the San Diego Chokers. 4th and 29?! I mean 4th and 29?! How do you make that? (answer would be make a 2 yard pass and 28 yac having to break very few tackles.)
    Of course, it won't be remembered as THE 4th and 26 (btw I have just discovered that Freddie Mitchell and I share the exact same birthday, m-d-y. Oh, the honor.) but might be an NFL record for a 4th down conversion. Anyone knows of a better one?

• The Steelers look more lost without Big Ben than the Bears without Cutler, and that's sayin' something. They've made the Browns (the Browns!) D look like, well, a good one. 8 turnovers will get you blown out by most teams, but any loss vs Cleveland is just as bad.
  • The top teams have been unconvincing lately, the Texans previous daunting defense making a no-show for the past two weeks, and Atlanta walking on thin ice for quite a while now. On the other hand, the Pats look increasingly like the 2007 team, and are even on pace to break the NFL scoring record they set that year. Whether they can carry that form into the postseason remains to be seen.

P.S. I don't know what do you have to smoke to make a comparison between Joe Flacco and Anne Hathaway, but I'm curious what does Bruce think about that one

Last edited by Archer16 : Nov 28th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #38
country flag Archer16

If anyone had told me two weeks ago that the Seahawks would be the first team since 1950 to have back-to-back 50+ games I'd say he should be checked.
The Skins other rookie QB is pretty good, too.
And if AP gets to 2000 this season, let alone if he takes down Dickerson's rushing mark, he should get the MVP over Peyton.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #39
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, "Passenger Joe" Flacco set the art of playing QB in the NFL back to college level (about Division II) as the Rayless Rayvens got slaughtered by Denver. And poor Doni might see the Bungles actually win the AFC North.

Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #40
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I never liked Lomas Brown to begin with, but him admitting he let a lineman get by intentionally to try to get Scott Mitchell out of a game in '94 is bush league. You mess with a man's livelihood and the integrity of the game. Just another black eye for this shitty franchise. I don't care what your differences are with a teammate, that's just sickening.

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #41
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

"Obviously, Tim isn't happy with it, as you'd expect," Ryan said.

This was a surreal development even by Jets standards. Ryan opened his late-morning news conference by saying, "You're not going to believe this, but ... ."

Ryan said he was "stunned" when McElroy, with a towel wrapped around his head, walked into his office at 9:30 a.m. accompanied by trainer John Mellody.

"There's no way. I'm not going to play him," the coach said. "I don't care what the tests say. I'm going to err on the side of caution," which is why he will go with Sanchez.

Ryan defended the decision to start Sanchez.

"When you look at the circumstances we're in, I think without question this is the right decision," he said.

"Any competitor would be excited about getting another opportunity against Mark," Ryan said of Sanchez, whose future with the team is in doubt.

Last edited by Melange : Dec 27th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:05 AM   #42
country flag The Prophet

The Prophet has disabled reputation

Vikings-Packers = Game of the Year

Adrian Peterson: 348 carries - 2097 yards - 6.0 AVG
Eric Dickerson: 379 carries - 2105 yards - 5.6 AVG

31 less carries. Bow down, Dickerson.
The Prophet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:34 AM   #43
country flag *JR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
Vikings-Packers = Game of the Year

Adrian Peterson: 348 carries - 2097 yards - 6.0 AVG
Eric Dickerson: 379 carries - 2105 yards - 5.6 AVG

31 less carries. Bow down, Dickerson.
O.J. Simpson: 332 carries - 2003 yards - 6.033 AVG
Adrian Peterson: 348 carries - 2097 yards - 6.026 AVG

16 less carries. Bow down, Peterson.

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 01:22 AM   #44
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
Vikings-Packers = Game of the Year :worship
And here we had to choose between 49ers-Cards and Seahawks-Rams
Quote:
O.J. Simpson: 332 carries - 2003 yards - 6.033 AVG
Adrian Peterson: 348 carries - 2097 yards - 6.026 AVG

16 less carries. Bow down, Peterson.
Barry Sanders: 335 carries - 2053 yards - 6.13 AVG

Bow down, O.J. (although where he's at, that might be something he wouldn't wanna do ).
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:51 AM   #45
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys are going out

Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote