Tokyo R2: Martic d. Kvitova 6-4 6-4 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #91
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo R2: Martic d. Kvitova 6-4 6-4

wth? lol
but happy for Andelko

Martina HingisMaria Sharapova Belinda BenčičFlavia Pennetta
S&V Williams•Tatiana Golovin•Aga Radwańska•Ana Ivanović•more

Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #92
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
How has it been disappointing? Two titles on NA hardcourts, where she used to be allergic. AO SF, RG SF, W QF, and 4th round UO. 5th in the race
I wasn't really impressed when she won both titles, first New haven is a MM and second of all Sharapova and Vika opened the door for her in Montreal because they withdrew.
Not a single huge win over the big three so far, OK she hasn't played Vika but she was NEVER good enough to play her ONCE it's a shame, not to mention the loss to Kirienko at Olympics and then a loss to Bartoli. I don't know I'm quite disappointed with her season.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #93
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova sinking lower and lower What happened to her serve

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #94
country flag missvarsha

missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future

What excuse did Ludmilla use this time ? Crippling Allergies ? Claustrophobia ?
missvarsha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #95
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Didn't see it, but acc. to reports Martic played awesome.
EDIT: according to Martic herself
Come on now. Somebody's got to tell the truth. I stayed up for this debacle, you didn't.

Though there appears to be many drive by haters, critics and knuckleheads lurching in this thread, waiting to feast off Kvitova's carcass, you gotta be honest here. Petra K was unprepared-as she has a tendency to, when she hasn't played in a while and walks into a tournament with a bye. I've seen this act before, and it was dreadful.

This certainly didn't appear to be a well played match in the least, by either player. Though I didn't see it. I experienced it on Live Score, and neither player served or returned well most of the match-right out the gate. I'm sure it was windy, etc., but the conditions affect both players. No excuses. Other top players pulled out their touch matches and rusty play.

Petra Martic served 50% in the first set. And doesn't possess a great second serve or ROS. Both players had about 1 ace and 5DF's by early in the second set. Both had been broken multiple time, and had numerous BP opportunities-for and against them. And every time Petra K broke back, and had a chance to take control and the momentum, she lost it again. Both players just appeared to go back and forth. It wasn't pretty. Neither player was sharp (at least from the scoreboard).

I love Petra Martic. She's very talented, while a beauty to watch when she's on. And I knew before hand Kvitova could lose if she wasn't up to par. However, there's a reason why Martic's ranked where she is (errors, inconsistency, choking, holes in her game, injuries, etc.). And she displayed those things in this match (even though she had a match under her belt, from playing in the first rd), and Petra Kvitova couldn't take advantage of that.

Even when Petra M held serve to win the match, you wouldn't have been surprised if she had got broken again. It was just that type of match. So I didn't experience neither player playing great, till maybe Martic stabilized it towards the end, by holding her serve.

Nonetheless, Kudos to Martic for pulling it out. She seemed to be the bigger mental Giant here. Probably her biggest WTA scalp so far.

Now we'll see what happens in Beijing for Kvitova? I'm sure Petra K, will have something to prove (though the elite won't be there, and she lost XX semi-final pts here in Tokyo). But what a fail start to the Asian and Indoor Swing.

She needs to get it together. Just dreadful.

Last edited by Excelscior : Sep 25th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #96
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

What a fucking draw for Sharapova once again.
Help will be bageled and it will be the most routine bagel in YEC history
Halepsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #97
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
What a fucking draw for Sharapova once again.
Is it AT ALL her fault that Kvitova can scrub it up like the best of them?
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #98
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
How has it been disappointing? Two titles on NA hardcourts, where she used to be allergic. AO SF, RG SF, W QF, and 4th round UO. 5th in the race
If you compare Petra to mere mortals you're quite right of course. But that's not the comparison that's usually made.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #99
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
If you compare Petra to mere mortals you're quite right of course. But that's not the comparison that's usually made.
This.

She's had a solid year, but it's disappointing to a good percentage of her delusional stans with unrealistic, unattainable expectations.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #100
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Come on now. Somebody's got to tell the truth. I stayed up for this debacle, you didn't.

This certainly didn't appear to be a well played match in the least, by either player. Though I didn't see it. I experienced it on Live Score, and...
Ummm...
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #101
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute