Climbing Shanghai tower - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #1
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Climbing Shanghai tower

this makes me feel ill.

heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #2
country flag We Ourselves

We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Climbing Shanghai tower

Heights, one of my worst fears. I worked in construction for years and never got used to it. Always reminds me of that famous pic of the construction workers eating their lunches while perched on a steel beam 800 feet above ground. I had it framed at work, sometimes I used to sit on my lunch break, stir at the photograph and wonder what happened with their lives?
We Ourselves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #3
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Ourselves View Post
Always reminds me of that famous pic of the construction workers eating their lunches while perched on a steel beam 800 feet above ground.
And after lunch:

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #4

We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute We Ourselves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
And after lunch:

Amazing isn't it. Wonder how much those guys got paid per week? I moan and groan at work about this and that, I'm a grumpy old man to begin with, but when I think of that, it puts me to shame. Not that I have a easy job, I don't and they pays lousy.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #5
country flag Незнайка

Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all

I was 100% sure, it's another Russian video
Незнайка is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #6
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amazing isn't it. Wonder how much those guys got paid per week? I moan and groan at work about this and that, I'm a grumpy old man to begin with, but when I think of that, it puts me to shame. Not that I have a easy job, I don't and they pays lousy.
More than sure, they were just posing..
I did quite a bit of steeplejack working in my youth. You get used to this so quick, you would not believe it.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
I did quite a bit of steeplejack working in my youth. You get used to this so quick, you would not believe it.
I never got used to it at all. I was always alright when I worked high up, but never near enough to the edge, as to actually see over. For the life of me I don't know why, but I always had this little urge to jump. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think there's a clinical name this? One time when I was an apprentice and when had to walk across the building dock. Usually about a third of the way over I would have a panic attack and just run as fast as I could to get the other side. All my mates would be laughing. It didn't help when they used to grab me and pull me right to the side of the guard railing to make me look down. So, next time we had to go across I knew what was coming, I just took to my heels and bolted before anybody could get a hold of me. I had the nickname of 'Beep Beep' for around two years.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never got used to it at all. I was always alright when I worked high up, but never near enough to the edge, as to actually see over. For the life of me I don't know why, but I always had this little urge to jump. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think there's a clinical name this? One time when I was an apprentice and when had to walk across the building dock. Usually about a third of the way over I would have a panic attack and just run as fast as I could to get the other side. All my mates would be laughing. It didn't help when they used to grab me and pull me right to the side of the guard railing to make me look down. So, next time we had to go across I knew what was coming, I just took to my heels and bolted before anybody could get a hold of me. I had the nickname of 'Beep Beep' for around two years.
It is just a barrier, that you have to clear. When I was first given an order to climb a vertical wall ( well, I am saying "vertical" here with a grain of salt, of course, as one of the first thing our climbing leader told us rookies was "When you are on a vertical wall, stretch your hand with your iceaxe forward, touch the wall, and realise that it is just 45 degrees" )I climbed about 15 feet, and then I was totally paralyzed, could not move at all. At that moment I thought I'll never beat that fear.
I climbed the cliff 1000ft tall the next day.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #9
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know what's "more than sure" but I'd guess that most likely they wre posing.

Your next opinion is just incorrect and shows you don't get the point. Some people do get used to it . . . but many, maybe even most, do not. That's what makes it impressive.

Like most things in life, the fact that you are comfortable with something, doesn't mean that most people are.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Your next opinion is just incorrect and shows you don't get the point. Some people do get used to it . . . but many, maybe even most, do not.
I thought I'd never get used to it. I did. Every single person that I know, who've made a serious , consistent effort - that's not just trying it 1,2,3, 5 10 times, but working on that over period of time, got eventually used to it. Do you really doubt human ability so much?

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #11
country flag pov

Quote:
I thought I'd never get used to it. I did. Every single person that I know, who've made a serious , consistent effort - that's not just trying it 1,2,3, 5 10 times, but working on that over period of time, got eventually used to it. Do you really doubt human ability so much?
What I am certain of is what I already stated - different people have different things they are or can get comfortable with. You may like to think we're automatons who are all the same but - thankfully IMO - the Borg haven't assimilated humans yet.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #12
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And after lunch:

i remember reading that around this time, america was going through a huge recession and people were starving on the streets. when the empire state building was being built, people would line up at the bottom with tools waiting for someone to fall off so they could take their place - that's how common it was! crazy.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #13
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

sick video, i saw a few videos of ppl doing those things all over the world and no doubt, at some point one of them willget killed,they need help bc this is not normal

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #14
country flag heavyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
sick video, i saw a few videos of ppl doing those things all over the world and no doubt, at some point one of them willget killed,they need help bc this is not normal
if everyone was to be 'normal' the world would be a boring place.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #15
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
if everyone was to be 'normal' the world would be a boring place.
normal is doing it with a safty net, this is crazy but not the cute, funny, brave kind, the i wqanna die and im playing with my life kind

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote