Caro's Café (the off topic thread) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #1
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Caro's Café (the off topic thread)

To get things started with this new thread - Who do you guys think is going to win the world cup?

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jun 22nd, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #2
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Change this title please :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
To get things started with this new thread - Who do you guys think is going to win the world cup?
We have a multi-sports thread for that (and other non-Wta sports).

This thread needs a better, more creative name.

I saw Edge of Tomorrow over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. It's sort of an alien invasion combined with Groundhog Day.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #3
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

Well, what do you suggest? I'm saving my creative impulses for when I'll compose my first symphony or that masterpiece novel that keeps me awake at night.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #4
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic

Answering your question...tough to predict really, I haven't been following much though.
Spain isn't playing half as good as last time and it's difficult to repeat back to back success. Brazil has been flopping for years. Argentina is always a let down and Germany always fails at the last hurdle All that said, I give the edge to Brazil, they did beat Spain comprehensively last time and they have the home advantage but I wouldn't be surprised if we have some random finalist or even winner.

As for names for the thread the only thing I can think of at the moment is "Lounge Area"

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #5
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post

As for names for the thread the only thing I can think of at the moment is "Lounge Area"
Not bad. How about "the parlour of tennis fans" or Caro fans or whatever. Probably a silly name, but since "off topic" isn't silly enough....

As for the football, I have no idea. But it will probably be one of the usual suspects - Brazil (especially since they have home advantage), Argentina, Germany or Spain.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #6
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quite shocked to hear the news about Rick Mayall yesterday. Only 56. It's always bad when you just switch on the radio and hear someone talking about a politician or comedian in the way they were because you just know it's because they have died.

But "The Young Ones" was brilliant and he was the one who made me laugh the most. That series was sooo like the things that went on when I was at Uni.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #7
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Brazil and their man of the match!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #8
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
We have a multi-sports thread for that (and other non-Wta sports).

I saw Edge of Tomorrow over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. It's sort of an alien invasion combined with Groundhog Day.

I just watched it too! Better than I expected it to be.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #9
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Congrats to Brazil and their man of the match!

True.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #10
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, what do you suggest? I'm saving my creative impulses for when I'll compose my first symphony or that masterpiece novel that keeps me awake at night.
Oh sure...leave it to the rest of us to come up with a name. Some thread starter you are.

Here's a few ideas I've come up with:

Bruce's brain (Bruce asked me a couple of days before you started this thread to create a new off topic thread)
Life, the universe, and everything
Caro's café (my favorite of these options)
Chit chat corner
The couch
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #11
country flag Protoss

Anybody ever go to a sci-fi/fantasy/horror/comic book convention?
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #12
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Oh sure...leave it to the rest of us to come up with a name. Some thread starter you are.

Here's a few ideas I've come up with:

Bruce's brain (Bruce asked me a couple of days before you started this thread to create a new off topic thread)
Life, the universe, and everything
Caro's café (my favorite of these options)
Chit chat corner
The couch
Well "Off Tpic" defintely beats "On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen" which sounds very clever, but nobody really knows what that is supposed to be about. I have since considered replacing it with one of my more loony ideas - "Woz maniacs converse" or something, but "Caro's café" sounds fine. Discussing Jennifer Lawrence or whether we prefer one or two lumps of Sugar in our coffee while enjoying a six pack is pretty funky.

I guess I better ask a mod to change the title of this thread then.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #13
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Well "Off Tpic" defintely beats "On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen" which sounds very clever, but nobody really knows what that is supposed to be about. I have since considered replacing it with one of my more loony ideas - "Woz maniacs converse" or something, but "Caro's café" sounds fine. Discussing Jennifer Lawrence or whether we prefer one or two lumps of Sugar in our coffee while enjoying a six pack is pretty funky.

Yah, that was a weird, confusing thread name.

Bruce mentioned in his email to me that Burisleif came up with the old name. If he was still around here, we could ask him. It seems like it's been ages since he's been on this forum.

You can change the thread title yourself by going to the first post in the thread and clicking "edit". Then click "go advanced" and go over to the left side of the screen where it says "title". Delete the old title and enter the new one.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #14
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caro's Café

What an amazing news!
F1 legend Michael Schumacher 'out of coma'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27868787

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #15
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's because "On the Concept of Irony with Continual Reference to Caroline" was never supposed to be an off topic thread… It's was supposed to be a place to discuss Caroline 'off court' and items pertaining to Caroline outside of tennis leaving the main thread for discussion of her tennis. It comes from a famous discussion piece by Kierkegaard titled "On the Concept of Irony with Continual Reference to Socrates".

Caro's Cafe sounds like an ok name fro an off topic thread I suppose…