Guangzhou Final: Hsieh def. Robson 6-3 5-7 6-4 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #16
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Guangzhou Final: Hsieh def. Robson 6-3 5-7 6-4

Great match it was. Laura was amazing at times, but Hsieh was more consistent. Also, Su-Wei is so cool to watch I'm glad for her, but not as much as upset for Laura
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #17
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Very enjoyable match if frustrating for Robson fans.

Laura started nervously and let Hsieh get into a real groove. She just didn't miss for about a set and a half. Laura's cross court forehand and serve were both weak.

She stepped it up towards the end of the second and you had to think that Hsieh had gone with losing 5mp at 3-5. In the third set, Laura started well but seemed to run out of stamina whilst Hsieh got back her consistency.

Laura's serve continues to be her biggest weakness. Too many df at critical times and too low first serve %. Shot selection also remains an issue.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM   #18
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of

Su Wei....Wow, what a fucking fighter...After missing those MP in the second set, and then going down 0-3 in the third, I thought she was done for sure...Then, she rattled off 5 games in a row out of nowhere...Robson choked big time, but alas I guess she just isn't as good as Oudin who actually won an MM this year when in the final...Congrats Su Wei, well deserved and great playing in Guangzhou this week...So much life, 2 titles this year...Phenomenal year in singles

And to all the haters who said Su Wei winning Kuala Lumpur was a fluke...She obviously knows how to win finals regardless of the opponent, conditions or scoreline, unlike others

Last edited by JamieMU30 : Sep 22nd, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM   #19
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Laura. Titles will come though.
Amazing job saving those MPs and coming back to win the 2nd set but after she led 3-0 in the decider her game let her down.

Well done Su-Wei! I was rooting for Laura but I'm very happy for her. Second title of the year.
I love her weird game.

It was a great final overall. Some games were really beautiful to watch with great quality. Very entertaining throughout.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM   #20
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
Robson lacks variety in her game. Too bad she didnt break the Hsieh rythme by mixing the pace, puting more spin and not giving her opponent that much angle.

Yes, this.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM   #21
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Hsieh is s fun to watch, she's had a great year. Hopefully she keeps to this type of regular scehedule.

Laura's time will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
I don't know what happened to Laura after being 3-0 up in the third. She became an Unforced Error machine

It's been a great week for Laura but what makes this so disappointing is that she lost from a winning position
I think she looked at the scoreboard and realied Su Wei is actually from Taiwan and her Chinese-slaying mode got switched off

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #22
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

I was kinda hoping Robson would take the title , but kudos to Hsieh solid defense and clever game , Robson was tired in that third set and couldn't take advantage of her lead but she did well winning the second set. Too bad for her she lost the momentum . Hsieh regrouped well . Congrats on a 2nd title in 2012
Next time, Laura !

btw Laura lost the match at 3-3 deuce with a bad ball-placement attacking at the net . You could see there who had the better vision/mind at that time

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM   #23
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

so disappointing after that second set and lead in the 3rd
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM   #24
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Laura But a great week nonetheless & making progress
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM   #25
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thankgod. She was toying with Laura for a set and a half, then when the pressure moments came she couldn't handle it. Thankfully she pulled it out in the end.

Despite the 2 chokes defining the outcome of this match, there were some incredible rallies and fantastic shot making. Laura's defense has improved immeasurably, and it was certainly tested in this match. Su Wei solidifies her spot as the most entertaining player to watch in my eyes. Seriously entertaining tennis, just creative, exciting, bizarre... Congrats on the 2nd title!

Anyone know if she can make it to mini-YEC.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM   #26
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

To bad Laura didn't handle this mentally... But she's definitely getting more consistent, so that's a good sign, she really can make some damage on the tour next year

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM   #27
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing match, both fought so hard

Su-Wei She's unbeatable in Asia!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM   #28
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Second final of the year Laura tastes defeat from winning run. Hope this doesn't manifest ... she doesn't suit being perennial bridesmaid. Still, next year could be big for her. Cram in your points now pet

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:36 AM   #29
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

What does it say about WTA, when Guangzhou final is way better than some Slams finals?

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #5) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:36 AM   #30
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for Su-Wei!

This title is well fought and earned so people don't need to put an asterisk on her KL title anymore.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote