2012 PAW Management Thread - Thanks to all managers who helped this season !! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #1
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of
2012 PAW Management Thread - Thanks to all managers who helped this season !!

2012 WTA PAW Season

In this thread, please post your names to offer management of each PAW tournament.

As all players of PAW know, we are short of managers for PAW tournaments. Therefore, any amount of help (even just organizing a smaller International tournament or two) would be very much appreciated.

Remember that the number of participants varies according to the ranking status of the tournament:-

Gland Slams - unlimited players
Premier Mandatory - 128 players
Premier 5 - 96 players
Premier - 80 players
International - 64 players

Note - The tournament ranking status and winners ranking points for each event are shown in brackets below:-

^ Saturday Singles Final
! Friday Singles Final

JAN 2
#568 Brisbane (Prem - 275)^ : Emrys
#569 Auckland (Int - 140)^ : Purtov

JAN 9
#570 Sydney (Prem - 275)! : MAGIKARPETTA
#571 Hobart (Int - 140)^ : Meelis

JAN 16
#572 Melbourne (GS - 1000)^ : Purtov

FEB 6
#573 Paris (Prem - 275) : Sasja
#574 Pattaya (Int - 140) : Dementieva_Dude

FEB 13
#575 Doha (Prem 5 - 430) : sdtoot
#576 Bogota(Int - 140) : Dementieva_Dude

FEB 20
#577 Dubai (Prem - 275)^ : Frederik
#578 Memphis(Int - 140)^ : MAGIKARPETTA
#579 Monterrey (Int - 140) : Emrys

FEB 27
#580 Acapulco (Int - 140)^ : Jrm
#581 Kuala Lumpur (Int - 140) : Dementieva_Dude

MAR 5
#582 Indian Wells (Prem Mand - 500) : Purtov

MAR 19
#583 Miami (Prem Mand - 500)^ : Purtov

APR 2
#584 Charleston (Prem - 275) : Archer16

APR 9
#585 Barcelona (Int - 140) : Sasja
#586 Copenhagen (Int - 140) : Purtov

APR 23
#587 Stuttgart (Prem - 275) : SamR03A
#588 Fes (Int - 140)^ : Dementieva_Dude

APR 30
#589 Estoril (Int - 140)^ : Sasja
#590 Budapest (Int - 140)^ : Meelis

MAY 5
#591 Madrid (Prem Mand - 500) : Purtov

MAY 14
#592 Rome (Prem 5 - 430) : Purtov

MAY 21
#593 Brussels (Prem - 275)^ : Jrm
#594 Strasbourg (Int - 140)^ : Dementieva_Dude

MAY 28
#595 Roland Garros (GS - 1000)^ : sdtoot

JUN 11
#596 Birmingham (Int - 140) : Emrys
#597 Bad Gastein (Int - 140) : Jrm

JUN 18
#598 Eastbourne (Prem - 275)^ : SamR03A
#599 s-Hertogenbosch (Int - 140)^ : Jrm

JUN 25
#600 Wimbledon (GS - 1000)^ : Purtov

JUL 9
#601 Stanford (Prem - 275) : Purtov
#602 Palermo (Int - 140) : SamR03A

JUL 16
#603 Carlsbad (Prem - 275) : Emrys
#604 Bastad (Int - 140) : SamR03A

JUL 23
#605 Baku (Int - 140)^ : Archer16

JUL 30
#606 Olympic Games London (Prem5 - 430) : Emrys
#607 Washington (Int - 140) : CANCELLED

AUG 6
#608 Montreal (Prem 5 - 430) : Emrys

AUG 13
#609 Cincinnati (Prem 5 - 430) : Sasja

AUG 20
#610 New Haven (Prem - 275)^ : Emrys
#611 Dallas (Int - 140)^ : Emrys

AUG 27
#612 US Open (GS - 1000) : sdtoot

SEP 10
#613 Tashkent (Int - 140)^ : SamR03A
#614 Quebec City (Int - 140) : charmedRic

SEP 17
#615 Seoul (Int - 140) : Hateblackouts02
#616 Guangzhou (Int - 140)^ : bgbgbg

SEP 24
#617 Tokyo (Prem 5 - 430)^ : Emrys

OCT 1
#618 Beijing (Prem Mand - 500) : sdtoot

OCT 8
#619 Linz (Int - 140) : Sasja
#620 Osaka (Int - 140) : charmedRic

OCT 15
#621 Moscow (Prem - 275) : Sasja
#622 Luxembourg (Int - 140) : charmedRic

OCT 23
#623 Istanbul YEC's (YEC's - 750) : sdtoot

OCT 30
#624 Sofia ToC's (TOC's - 275) : Emrys

Can managers please ensure the following:-

Quote:
In the case of an unranked WTA player or a WTA player who has less than 40 ranking pts,
she shall be allocated 40 pts for the calculation of PAW scoring points.
Quote:
In the final League Table, players who have equal points scores should be given
equal positions (e.g. 4th=) in the League Table.
Quote:
Any players who commit to play a PAW tournament but do not post any picks during the tournament,
should be listed at the bottom of the final League Table with 0 picks and 0 points.

For the New Manager

Code:
Copied from MTF PAW Managers Thread

Basically, the manager has 2 main tasks:

1. Publishing the matches and scoring points. It's important that the scoring points are
 published as soon as possible, because the players take them in consideration when
 selecting their picks for the next day of play.
2. Calculating the scores for each player and publishing the league standings. This is
 usually done after each day of play (or after each round in 2-weeks tournaments). Although
 the timing of publishing the standings is not as important as the scoring points, it would
 be good do do it as soon as possible. Players like to know where they rank, especially in
 the latter stages (after the QF and SF) when players take the standing and the picks of
 other players in consideration.

Generally, the time required for the standings depend on the # of matches played, so the
 work load at the start of the week is the hardest and it gets lighter as the tournament
 progresses.

More matches and more players yield more work for the manager... that's why we suggest that
 people who aren't sure they have the time to do it to take smaller tournaments for a start. 

Of course, to be able to function as manager you must have access to the internet on every
 day of the tournament (from the time the main draw is done until the final). 
You should be aware what's going on in the tournament and be ready to make adjustments when
 necessary (for example: occasionally the draw is changed due to withdrawal so the matches
 and scoring points have to be changed).

Another important task is to check the validity of picks, in particular look after "late
 picks", i.e. picks that were posted after the match start, or may have started, and
 therefore should be marked as an "invalid pick" and not be counted. Note - Start times of
 all matches can be found on the xscores.com website (tennis section).

A manager should also know the fine details of the game rules, so it is suggested to read
 thoroughly post #1 in the "Official PAW Rules and FAQ's thread" (link to which should
 appear on the first message of the PAW tournament thread).

Last edited by Emrys : Oct 28th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Emrys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #2
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread

Edit: I will do Brisbane

Last edited by Emrys : Dec 5th, 2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #3
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I like to try one of these, Memphis please

Do I need a spreadsheet?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #4
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterLover View Post
I like to try one of these, Memphis please

Do I need a spreadsheet?
A spreadsheet will certainly make the job much easier for you. If you send me a pm with your e-mail address, then I will send you the Excel spreadsheet.
sdtoot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #5
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

I will do #569, Auckland
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #6
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov View Post
I will do #569, Auckland
Welcome

If you send me a pm with your e-mail address, then I will send you the Excel spreadsheet.
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #7
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Welcome

If you send me a pm with your e-mail address, then I will send you the Excel spreadsheet.
Thanks, I already have the Excel table, I was the manager on MTF.
Mit freundlichen Gre, Toviy
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 05:25 AM   #8
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov View Post
Thanks, I already have the Excel table, I was the manager on MTF.
Mit freundlichen Gre, Toviy
i was searching last night in paw history if you ever organised a tournament, cause i remembered your name.
But it was ATP , makes sense now
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #9
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to manage Hobart.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #10
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I would like to manage Hobart.
Hobart is for you
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:54 PM   #11
country flag rabbits

rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need managers for January !

Hi, I can do Sydney for you, have managed in the past
rabbits is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 11:03 PM   #12
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbits View Post
Hi, I can do Sydney for you, have managed in the past
That's great ,thank you
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 12:35 AM   #13
country flag Dementieva_Dude
Always a bridesmaid...and that's okay

Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Dementieva_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take Pattaya and Bogota

"Special Relations" Officer on the S.S Dementieva(Retired Golden Goddess)
Dementieva_Dude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 01:42 AM   #14
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementieva_Dude View Post
I'll take Pattaya and Bogota
they are yours
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #15
country flag purtov

I'll take #572 Melbourne