Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20?? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #61
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
She's one of the players with a very little fan base
Wasn't a hyped junior/prospect, being US-based limited her visibility to Euro fans and to US fans as well as she played a lot of US challengers, bland looks mean she won't get a following among either fans of pretty players or fans of unfortunate/freakish looking players (and there's way more of the latter than you'd expect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
She's probably the most unknown player in the Top 40.

I don't think there was a single match from her on Eurosport Int. this year!?
vs Agatha in Doha. Must have been live (I mean, Agasport - DUH).

Highlights of lengthy match vs Petrova in San Diego.

Parts of the match vs Queen Shanksur at the USO.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM   #62
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid QF against Radwanska as well. Pretty good match, too. Lots of competitive long games early in each set. She lost most of them to go down 2-5 both sets, then break back to 4-5 in each set, only to drop her serve again to lose both 4-6.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM   #63
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
She's one of the players with a very little fan base, and I haven't even seen her play because she's always on outer courts.
Agree I guess being from Uzbekistan and then going to the US meant she isn't even an established US type player, she has moved through the rankings somewhat invisibly and has no major scalps so nobody has really gotten to become a fan.

I have never seen a match of her's either, when she was seeded for USO I googled a pic to see what she looked like
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #64
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

The #17 - #32 area of the rankings is very close right now.

In fact I've never seen the rankings outside the top ten so clumped, the player ranked #32 could basically reach a premier mandatory SF and go into the top 20.

I think this is due to the top players being so solidly good this year, hoovering up the points and leaving the scraps for everyone else.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #65
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil. View Post

In fact I've never seen the rankings outside the top ten so clumped, the player ranked #32 could basically reach a premier mandatory SF and go into the top 20.

I think this is due to the top players being so solidly good this year, hoovering up the points and leaving the scraps for everyone else.
Yep!

At the end of 2011 Julia Goerges was # 21 with 2325 points.

Lepchenko just made 1745 points to get to # 21!

There were times when that wasn't even enough for Top 30!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #66
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil. View Post

This.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #67
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

I've never seen her play.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #68
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

She started 2013 with a 1-5 record! Well, I guess it's only going south from now on...

But she will remembered as one of the most unfamous top 20 players in history
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #69
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

She had two super huge wins against Errani & Vinci in Fed Cup, on clay. So maybe her season will turn around on the clay.....
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #70
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Not so surprising. She as an all around good player, but look also at the inconsistency and incompetence of some of the girls hovering around the top 20.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #71
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Coz she's got a solid game to beat the likes of Errani & Vinci but she needs consistency in her game & results
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #72
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

Players 1-3 dominate the tour at the moment with Radwanska following them. Places 5-8 should be open in a few months I think even for players currently ranked 9-14. From 15-30 it's a really small difference so anyone can fluctuate there. Once player enters top 30 she has a big chance to become top 20 after reaching two semis in international events or even just one QF on Premier event.

There have been few weird cases when players didn't defend their international titles and their rankings went like from #22 to #34. It tells you everything.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote