Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20?? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:17 AM   #46
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20??

Making the third round of Wimbledon was particularly impressive because she had barely won a match on grass prior to it.
Papillon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:22 AM   #47
country flag colt13

colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold

Not surprised that she got to 40, but I am surprised that she got from 40 to 20 while McHale and Barthel did not.

Possibly because her game is the same on all surfaces, the serve is more of a weapon, and this is really the first time I have seen her for an extended period without her knees wrapped up.
colt13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM   #48
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Because they never followed her, and she isn't a teen prodigy, so that means she must be a fluky journeywoman

Well said.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM   #49
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

She definitly made it with consistency. Maybe she is underrated because she didn't have any stunning result. Didn't beat a top ten player yet and didn't win a title (not even made a final).

To me it feels kinda weird to see her that high in the rankings ahead of so many top players...
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM   #50
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

At the end of 2011 Julia Goerges was # 21 with 2325 points.

Lepchenko just made 1745 points to get to # 21!

Boy - what a difference!

There were times when that wasn't even enough for Top 30!
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #51
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

She's done so well this year out of nowhere. Of course, she is much happier now in her life, having her immigration status sorted etc, which must be one of the reasons for her mental toughness in close matches, and she has not suffered major injury problems.

Unlike many other players, she has played consistently well all year and has done particularly well in big points events - she has won rounds in all of them except for Cincinnati, which means a lot of points. I also think that because she chugged around the tour for years, hardly winning any WTA main draw matches and keeping her ranking afloat by winning ITFs in the States, a lot of players underestimated her and were shocked and surprised by the improvement. She has been very lucky with her draws in big events and is very good at hoovering up higher-ranked players in shaky form - what a gift to run into Pavlyuchenkova (twice), Schiavone (twice) and Jankovic in big events this year! Her consistency is helping her now as she usually makes her seeding and gets more points by not having to play difficult players. The real gaps on her CV are her failure to reach a WTA final (quite shocking for someone almost top 20) and her inability to beat anyone in the top 10, though she could probably take out someone like Li Na if they played their worst!!
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #52
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Good for her She just needs some good run to final of big event or MM's title.

And I think she's going to end her career as member of 500+ club
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM   #53
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

I love her game,she totally deserve the rank she reach

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM   #54
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

I don't even know her, to be honest
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #55
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

I was surprised when i saw it too but i like her and she can play great tennis sometimes then i think she deserves it
TT Finals:
2012 Kazan, Bronx(w/Setsuna.), Istanbul(w/fallansky)
2013 Perth
2014 Essen, Koksijde, Westende-Middelkerke (all w/rvugt)
TT Rank: Singles: 147 Doubles: 80
Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #56
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

The one eyed among the blind ones
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 07:09 PM   #57
country flag Celestial

Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all

She's worked really hard to get into the top 20 so she definitely deserves it. I think some of the more naturally talented players have faltered this year, so kudos to her for capitalising on her own opportunities. She didn't have any stellar results this year so it will be interesting to see how she fares next year. She's going to have much easier draws throughout the year.
Celestial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:51 AM   #58
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

She's one of the players with a very little fan base, and I haven't even seen her play because she's always on outer courts.
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM   #59
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
I have no idea. She has a good game. Probably people don't like her because she's American.
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #60
country flag Navratil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoo View Post
I don't even know her, to be honest
She's probably the most unknown player in the Top 40.

I don't think there was a single match from her on Eurosport Int. this year!?