Your top 5 Maria Moments - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM   #1
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Your top 5 Maria Moments

Mine are:

Winning Wimbledon 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Owue...yer_detailpage

Winning Roland Garros 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q-At...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bZEKLugj6CY

Winning US Open 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4koDi...yer_detailpage

Winning Australian Open 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VQLr_5t2Xis

Getting to the Australian open final 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SBVu7qbWWGs
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM   #2
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Your top 5 Maria Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
This was a great moment and very moving to watch.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM   #3
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
This was a great moment and very moving to watch.
Yeah i know,always brings a tear to my eye.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

1. 2012 French Open
2. 2012 French Open
3. 2012 French Open
4. 2012 French Open
5. Launching Sugarpova

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #5
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

1. 2006 U.S. Open Semifinal and Final-Mauresmo and Henin dominated the WTA that year. Amelie won two majors and Justine was in the final of all 4 majors. And Maria went out there and gave Mauresmo two bagels in the first and third set. Then she followed that with such an effortlessly brilliant performance in the final, making Justine look helpless. Maria faced just ONE break point for the whole match. Maria at her absolute ruthless best. I miss that Maria.

2. 2004 Wimbeldon Final-The match that made me a believer. I was so disgruntled with women's tennis in those days, just watching every player crumble in fear every time they saw Serena across the net from them. And then Maria appears and something magical happened that day. Amazingly solid, composed, fearless performance. She stood up to the beast and I was a fan for life.

3. 2008 Australian Open tournament-The last gasp of the complete Maria, dominant serve and all. Devastating run through the 7 matches. No dropped sets and was only broken, I believe, only 6 or 7 times for the entire tournament. The average set score for the first 6 matches was 6-2. She was destroying everyone. Tough final against Ana, with two close sets, but she elevated her game when needed and finished off her 3rd major.

4. 2012 French Open title-I didn't think that day would ever come. Maria winning on clay? The career slam? The "cow on ice"? Not possible. But her runs in Stuttgart and Rome certainly gave her a load of confidence. And Serena's early exit really opened things up for her. Let's be honest. No Serena. No Vika. No Sam. No Agi. Just little old Sara Errani for the title was a big break. But she took advantage of the opportunity and won one for the ages. An unforgettable moment.

5. 2004 YEC Championship and the 2005 Aussie Open Semifinal-Yes, Serena had a bad abdominal pull. But even before that, Maria once again stood toe to toe with Serena and was playing good, confident tennis, proving that Wimbledon wasn't a fluke. A great way to cap off her big year. I realize Maria lost that Aussie semi, but it was such a great, gutty match. Maria pushed Serena to her absolute limits and forced her to come up with something special in that epic 8-6 3rd set. 3rd consecutive match that she gave Serena all she wanted and more. And to this day, I believe that had Maria beaten Serena for a 3rd straight time and gone on to win that Aussie Open, the dynamic of that rivalry won have changed dramatically. Maria would have been in Serena's head and things would have been so different for years to come. Oh well.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #6
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

1. MARIA BEING SEXY
2. MARIA WINNING AO
3. MARIA BEING A BAYB
5. MARIA BEING SO FRIKEN AMAZING AND SEXY :OH:
R. MARIA BEING DA,N FINE.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #7
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
1. MARIA BEING SEXY
2. MARIA WINNING AO
3. MARIA BEING A BAYB
5. MARIA BEING SO FRIKEN AMAZING AND SEXY :OH:
R. MARIA BEING DA,N FINE.
Peak Hipsterpova!

BTW what's the difference between 1 and 4?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #8
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

1. Maria winning Roland Garros- You know when you have a dream which you know it won't be turned into reality but in the back of your mind you still hope it will This is the case.

2.Maria winning AO- I enjoyed this tournament so much, Maria was playing fantastic tennis and on top of that I made a bet with my friends at school that Maria would end up winning the tournament right after her first round win over Jelena compared to them predicting that Henin would win and when Maria served Henin a bagel, well .

3.Maria changing her coach- It was necessary for Michael to be replaced and I was so happy when she finally did it. I feel that Thomas has given her a new perspective when it comes to her style of play and I really love how she transformed a completely unfit Pova in one of the fittest players on tour right now.

4.USO 2006- Maria beating Henin again was such a joy to watch And she proved that she's not a one slam wonder.

5.Wimbledon 2004- Beating Serena in a slam final, on grass, at WIMBLEDON should I say more .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #9
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I think obviously all of us are going to write her 4 Slam victories which is completely understood. I wasn't such a huge fan back when she won those three, and only watched the USO final out of them, but I re-watched those finals, and they are indeed some of the finest memories of Maria that I have. So in order:

1. RG 2012
2. AO 2008
3. Wimbledon 2004 (just because of who she defeated in the final, otherwise I would give the advantage to USO because that one I actually watched and was rooting for her)
4. USO 2006
5. Win over Petra in AO 2012. That match gave me so much life and hope (that was shattered the next day ). Still, the match is a true representation of why we all love her and support her as much as we do.

And I would add to this every single epic earth-shattering three-set battle in 2011/2012 that she fought and ultimately won

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #10
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

RG 2012
USO 2006
AO 2008
Wimbledon 2004
Stuttgart 2012

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #11
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

All the Slams. It's hard to rate them but probably.
1: RG
2: Australian Open
3: Wimbledon
4: US Open
5: RG 2009

Stuttgart is one of my top moments as well.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #12
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Peak Hipsterpova!

BTW what's the difference between 1 and 4?
Oh god.

Well she's already fricken amazing in number four!
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #13
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

1.Wimbledon 2004 - I think I only watched the final,but for me that is one of the most amazing things to happen in the history of tennis. A 17 year old winning over a dominant player who everyone thought would win easily at WIMBLEDON,the biggest tournament in tennis. An upset for the ages

2.US Open 2006 - Just a magical tournament,it had seemed so long since her Wimbledon win,there was a lot of talk about her being a one slam wonder. Great way to prove doubters wrong and cement her place as an elite player

3.RG 2012 - Even after her great clay court season,there was a lot of Serena hype and I sort of bought into it so didn't think Maria would win. Amazing stuff,5-6 years ago no one,and I mean no one would have taken you seriously if you said one day she'd win RG.

4.AO 2008 - Absolutely dominant display,of course the highlight a 6-4,6-0 dismantling of Henin who was the big favourite going in.

5.San Diego 2006 final vs. Kim Clijsters - just seemed like a breakthrough match of sorts to me,she had been coming up short against the top players time and time again. Made me believe that she could go on and win a 2nd slam,which of course she did
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #14
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that no one has mentioned the Olympics as a favorite moment. I know many people on other forums that said seeing Maria carry the flag and win silver was her greatest accomplishment.

But I can understand those who actually want to forget what happened. It could have been awesome, but when I hear Maria and Olympics, my lasting memory will be 6-0, 6-1 and Serena crip-walking all over Maria's face. London turned out to be very depressing to me.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #15
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
All the Slams. It's hard to rate them but probably.
1: RG
2: Australian Open
3: Wimbledon
4: US Open
5: RG 2009

Stuttgart is one of my top moments as well.
I loved RG 2009, too. The Petrova match is one of my all-time favorites. Peak Fighterpova

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote