Sabine in Asia (Tokyo/Beijing) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:28 PM   #16
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sabine in Asia (Tokyo/Beijing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
She has lost the last 6 matches in a row at a P5-tournament. Last win was in Dubai 2010 against Chan.
But thats nothing than statistics, ... the whole year she was more injured or sick than the opposite...so what? Shit on P5, major and all this crap, the season is gone, and she better works on her healthy (how to keep it on) and strength than preparing winter like a squirrel...
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM   #17
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yes but against Sharapova she at least has the mental side figured out. I can't even remember the last time she played Vika but against her in today's form it would be a total disaster. And we all know how she fared against Radwanska the last time out.

Against Sharapova, she at least has the belief that she knows how to beat her.
I agree, it could certainly be worse. The absence of any kind of form guide going in makes predictions difficult, but if Sabine is fit and in reasonable touch I doubt she'll be overawed. She's got nothing to lose, and Maria won't be able to ease her way into this one.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM   #18
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
Aber die evt. möglichen Punkte, die sie ohne intensives Training nach ihrer Verletzung und NY wahrscheinlich eh nicht gewonnen hätte, wäre sie doch für Tokyo nicht anders gesetzt gewesen, somit auch nicht anders ausgelost worden, also bitte,...drück ich mich so dämlich aus oder willst du mich gerade nicht verstehen?
Für Tokyo hätte sie natürlich nichts geändert. Aber wenn sie nicht bald punktet, dann geht es noch weiter abwärts und dann ist sie selbst bei Turnieren wie Linz oder Luxemburg bald nicht mehr gesetzt. Außerdem schob sie selbst die Niederlage in New York auf mangelnde Matchpraxis. Okay, das ist verständlich, aber dann versuche ich doch Matchpraxis zu bekommen und die letzten beiden Wochen wären ideal, um mal ein kleineres WTA-Turnier zu spielen. Linz und Luxemburg sind, im Gegensatz zu den Turnieren der letzten 2 Wochen, absolut top besetzt.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM   #19
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Let's not get too excited about Sharapova, she has a match to win against someone else first. Apart from Wimbledon, she hasn't won a single match since Charleston, which in anyone's book is a terrible year. Does anyone know which qualifying mtach she plays the winner of?
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:01 PM   #20
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
Let's not get too excited about Sharapova, she has a match to win against someone else first. Apart from Wimbledon, she hasn't won a single match since Charleston, which in anyone's book is a terrible year. Does anyone know which qualifying mtach she plays the winner of?
So you're conveniently bundling Wimbledon and the Olympics together?

Qualifying is over two rounds so her opponent won't be known for a while.

Last edited by jetglo : Sep 22nd, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #21
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Looks like she plans to stay longer in Tokyo no matter what will happen in single's playing doubs w the WTA 3 ranked dubs player
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM   #22
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

That's a good move. She's a good doubles player, and it gives her more time on court in a competitive environment, which has to be better than being with old man Chip in Florida!
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM   #23
country flag jetglo

Quote:
Looks like she plans to stay longer in Tokyo no matter what will happen in single's playing doubs w the WTA 3 ranked dubs player
I spent a few frantic minutes thinking "please don't let it be Huber", as they're both ranked 3. Good news, there's been talk Raymond was unhappy with Huber, never thought Sabine might be a chance though.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM   #24
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine's really playing doubles with Raymond? How did you know that?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468566

Ok, I know already

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #25
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post
I spent a few frantic minutes thinking "please don't let it be Huber", as they're both ranked 3. Good news, there's been talk Raymond was unhappy with Huber, never thought Sabine might be a chance though.
Probably all started at this moment

http://i.imgbox.com/adwKwWak.jpg

when Lisa& Bob stole Sabine&Kas the bronze medal. Now Lisa wanna say sorry for making her cry

But I also wondered why she doesen't play w Peng again. That worked pretty well, but Lisa will stopp soon playing tennis, isn't she already 39!!!
Sabine and Julia prefer the old ladys
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #26
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Raymond/Lisicki will be a permanent partnership though. Still good for her!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM   #27
country flag jetglo

Quote:
Probably all started at this moment

http://i.imgbox.com/adwKwWak.jpg

when Lisa& Bob stole Sabine&Kas the bronze medal. Now Lisa wanna say sorry for making her cry

But I also wondered why she doesen't play w Peng again. That worked pretty well, but Lisa will stopp soon playing tennis, isn't she already 39!!!
Sabine and Julia prefer the old ladys
That's probably up there with the Kerber Wimbledon match as my saddest Sabine moments, at least recently.

I think Peng will be back and Raymond may just be temporary. Raymond only plays doubles and Sabine needs to concentrate on singles so cannot commit to doubles full time.

Maybe Sabs and Jules just miss their mothers.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM   #28
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post

Maybe Sabs and Jules just miss their mothers.
To be honest I had exactly this on the tip of my tongue but bit on it
hoped anyone else would say, so thanks
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM   #29
country flag Beaumont

Lisa Raymond is a good partner for her. She's very experienced and Sabine has a tendency to make bad decisions, so she might help her. Sabine is a confidence player, and gathers real momentum like a snowball rolling down a hill when she's winning. Even picking up wins in doubles will help her singles
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM   #30
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It surely is beneficial, especially as long as she continues to drop out in early rounds. I really don't like when Top 10 players play doubles because it seems like a waste of energy if you go far in singles each time but right now Sabine isn't there yet..hopefully in the future

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote