cxfhserdzrhhw5yuwhs4e5rusxtudrhj - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #31
country flag tae04

tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold tae04 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Well the other 3 lived and breathed tennis day in and day out. Serena had too many layoffs, didn't care enough, and didn't play enough to reach all those other milestones. It'll be quite impressive if/when Serena gets to 18 after all the ups and downs.
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #32
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
All theory. No one knows what would have happened - Graf may never have lost to Seles had it not happened - who knows. But what happended to Seles should not take away from Grafs acheivements one bit.
Yeah well duh

That's why I began the sentence with, "I don't THINK..."

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #33
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
Irrelevant.
But more popular

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #34
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Graf isn't overlooked. Maureen Connolly on the other hand certainly is. Won 9 slams in a row before a career ending injury at 18 and people ignore her in GOAT discussions? Ridiculous.
bobito is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #35
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Graf has never ever been overlooked.
edificio is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #36
country flag leftyness

leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold leftyness is a splendid one to behold

Not sure who people are putting in these GOAT threads, but seeing as Nav, Serena and Steffi have been mentioned...

Martina: a player who brought a new level of physicality to tennis. Also, she has stayed active in tennis matters since ending her singles career, voicing opinions on today's game, doing lots of media work at majors, all of which keeps her in fan's minds.

Serena: like Martina, a real game-changer in her physicality. Love her or hate her, Serena has real presence on court, and isn't the shy type.

Steffi: to me, far more shy/retiring than Serena or Martina. She was much less demonstrative on-court. If she hadn't married Andre, would we ever see her?
leftyness is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #37
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
This won't end well. That said, Graf is GOAT. Serena will have to settle for second best. And that's still debatable between her and Navratilova.
Nope, it'll end with Seles fans coming in to talk about the stabbing, Serena fans coming in to say that Graf's era was weak, Court fans pointing out her 24 slams and higher W/L percentage with all of them agreeing that everyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong and slinging mud at eachother.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #38
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

OP must live on a different planet. If any GOAT contender is overlooked it's Court, as much as I don't care for her personally.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #39
country flag Gangstress

Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Nope, it'll end with Seles fans coming in to talk about the stabbing, Serena fans coming in to say that Graf's era was weak, Court fans pointing out her 24 slams and higher W/L percentage with all of them agreeing that everyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong and slinging mud at eachother.
See this OP?

Snap back please. Calling me all the names.
Gangstress is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #40
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

These GOAT debates are so damn stupid. Who cares, really. Comparing generations is the epitome of stupidity.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #41
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

For me Graf was the greatest because

she was the best athlete in the history of the women's game hands down
Footwork was emense ( if you watch how she practised not so long ago with Petkovic her feet NEVER stop moving)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuzYbVgqdwY
developed the most lethal stroke that punched holes through her opposition - really nice example vs fernandez here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZGnpIDGapU
she had incredible consistency off the other wing with a vicious slice
her work ethic was terrifying but she needed that work ethic in order to execute her game plan
she had a poker face and rarely lost her cool let alone matches
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #42
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

I started a thread with this title and it was deleted!

"Graf's Slam Count"

However, this thread is allowed with this title!

"Why is Graf overlooked?"

Could somebody tell me the DIFFERENCE? Why was my thread deleted and this one allowed??They both are talking about the same thing!

Thanks in advance,

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #43
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
I started a thread with this title and it was deleted!

"Graf's Slam Count"

However, this thread is allowed with this title!

"Why is Graf overlooked?"

Could somebody tell me the DIFFERENCE? Why was my thread deleted and this one allowed??They both are talking about the same thing!

Thanks in advance,
Wasn't your one aimed at discrediting Graf claiming Seles would have stopped her winning many many Slams and therefore was just started as a shit stirring thread?
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #44
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All theory. No one knows what would have happened - Graf may never have lost to Seles had it not happened - who knows. But what happended to Seles should not take away from Grafs acheivements one bit.
What a load of BS. This isn't the lottery. A 19 year-old dominant no.1 is expected to win more. Graf fans playing the fool is also expected. Who knows? Hmm let me think...Graf wouldn't have won 22 slams, that's what. Of course it takes away from her achievements. When another player other than Nadal won RG in 2009, it was called all sorts of things but deserved even though Nadal was in the draw. Imagine the uproar if he had been stabbed by a Federer fan and Federer had won two calendar year grand slams! We wouldn't hear the end of it. Don't get upset when people bring up the stabbing because it's a part of Graf's legacy.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #45
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
In these somewhat pointless GOAT threads it seems Graf is overlooked when she probably is the GOAT. No way is Serena overtaking her grand slam tally of 22 or weeks at number 1 - so how people can say serena's GOAT is weird.
If this is how "overlooking" looks like I am satisfied!
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread