cxfhserdzrhhw5yuwhs4e5rusxtudrhj - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #316
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Wrong! You have NOT heard me say or tout how great Seles was. You have heard me say how Graf's record is tainted because Seles was stabbed for the sole reason of advancing Graf. The only thing you heard me say was great is how the old man can sling a motorcycle into a corner at breakneck speeds and make it look easy!!!
OK.

Fair enough (on the what Seles could do part).

We still have some slight disagreement on your reaction of Gunther Parche's intentions.

I could see you feeling he did his job, if he would have permanently, physically harmed Seles. He didn't.

The rest was up to Seles. Not that it makes her bad or what he did good. But when you say what you say, you don't account for the fact that not every player "would of went out like that".
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #317
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
OK (and nicely written).

But you still didn't answer my Serena question?

And to be quite honest, maybe you and other more rational tennis fans may have felt Seles would have maxed out at 11-13 majors. But what you don't realize is, there are some of her more vigilant fans, that feel she could have won as much majors or been as good as Serena, Chrisse, Martina, Court and Graf.

That's what I think you don't realize. And by the way, this response was originally only the top 2 lines ("OK, nicely written. But you still didn't answer my Serena question"). I just added the next few. Lol
I don't even wanna THINK about Serena getting stabbed.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #318
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
I don't even wanna THINK about Serena getting stabbed.
True dat!

However, I was mostly dealing with mental, comeback aspect, after the fact.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #319
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Some people just don't like overachievers.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #320
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Brain cells are just fine,everything is crystal sharp.
Well, like every lunatic thinks he is not a lunatic
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #321
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
The sole purpose of the stabber was to stop Seles from beating Graf.
Well,not even up to that point Seles wasn't beating Graf, just look at their meetings

Last edited by Anabelcroft : Sep 28th, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #322
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
To tell the truth, the stabber did more harm to Graf than what was done to Seles. The stabber put the mark on Graf that will always be there.
And again I ask you:

If this mark is always there how come most of people have voted her as all time greatest in every poll and why?
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #323
country flag cehowardrx7
74,Old,Dirty & Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
And again I ask you:

If this mark is always there how come most of people have voted her as all time greatest in every poll and why?
Most people? You talking about the computer nerds the frequent the web? They are not a mirror of the real world and all the people.

Case in point. Try to talk about Graf slam count, without the stabbing being injected! Can't be done.
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #324
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Steffi was amazing athlete for her time and she had one of the most beautiful styles in history. Amazingly consistent as well.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #325
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Graf is local.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #326
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Graf is local.
You obviously mixed her up with the "Legend"
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #327
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
Well,not even up to that point Seles wasn't beating Graf, just look at their meetings

Yes, Seles beating Graf in the Slam finals of the French Open (twice) and the Australian Open are only products of the imagination of the Seles fans
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #328
country flag cehowardrx7
74,Old,Dirty & Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Yes, Seles beating Graf in the Slam finals of the French Open (twice) and the Australian Open are only products of the imagination of the Seles fans
Matt it is very plain to see that you are a Graf-Tard, and one that doesn't do his/her research well either. Because you have just put your foot in your mouth.

Here are 3 slams where Seles beat Graf.. French Open TWICE and the Austrailian Open!!

As Graf the opponent!

1990 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 7-6, 6-4 Monica Seles

1992 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 6-2, 3-6, 10-8 Monica Seles

1993 Australian Open (Melbourne) Final 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 Monica Seles

Also, Graf's Slam Count not being Tainted is only products of the imagination of the Graf fans!!
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #329
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Matt it is very plain to see that you are a Graf-Tard, and one that doesn't do his/her research well either. Because you have just put your foot in your mouth.

Here are 3 slams where Seles beat Graf.. French Open TWICE and the Austrailian Open!!

As Graf the opponent!

1990 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 7-6, 6-4 Monica Seles

1992 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 6-2, 3-6, 10-8 Monica Seles

1993 Australian Open (Melbourne) Final 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 Monica Seles

Also, Graf's Slam Count not being Tainted is only products of the imagination of the Graf fans!!
Wow!

I'll defend Matt01 here (before he does).

He was making fun of "Graftards" and not supporting them.

Didn't you read and process his thread (as well as read his other ones)?
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #330
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Did not say that,of course, just that Graf always had the upper hand in their matches...even when Monica was number 1!I know you like this thing fact so much
Closed Thread