cxfhserdzrhhw5yuwhs4e5rusxtudrhj - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #16
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
One of the most stupid posts I ever read
It's also not exactly what people think. I don't think Seles would have dominated Graf, but I also don't think Graf would have won 22 slam titles or would have won the French Open 6 times.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #17
country flag Gangstress

Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
One of the most stupid posts I ever read
What is wrong with you? I'm not saying I believe that because I certainly do not. But pretty much any thread about Graf or Seles turns into an argument about the stabbing. So please, know your shit and take a seat before ripping into me please.
Gangstress is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #18
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
It's also not exactly what people think. I don't think Seles would have dominated Graf, but I also don't think Graf would have won 22 slam titles or would have won the French Open 6 times.
All theory. No one knows what would have happened - Graf may never have lost to Seles had it not happened - who knows. But what happended to Seles should not take away from Grafs acheivements one bit.
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #19

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangstress View Post
What is wrong with you? I'm not saying I believe that because I certainly do not. But pretty much any thread about Graf or Seles turns into an argument about the stabbing. So please, know your shit and take a seat before ripping into me please.
And you turned this one into it. Now kindly drag your ass out of it.
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #20
country flag Gangstress

Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light Gangstress is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
This is what I meant and IS a big reason why people on here discredit Graf. The OP clearly has made his mind up already though and won't hear a differing opinion.
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #21
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

It's simply a case of most posters on here not knowing ANYTHING about tennis before the 21st century

People (not just Willytards either) talk about the Graf Generation like they were still playing in long dresses. Even though, in the two matches Graf and Serena played in 1999, Graf MORE than held her own (Graf won one match 7-5 in the third, Serena won one 7-5 in the third), even though 1999 ranks FAR higher up Serena's "best seasons" list than it does Graf's.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #22
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I love Steffi, but who exactly overlooks her?!
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #23
country flag Gangstress

Quote:
And you turned this one into it. Now kindly drag your ass out of it.
You asked why people discredit Graf and THAT IS A REASON WHY. So you sit your fucking ass down, please. You wanted answers and that is mine. Stop trying to save face and actually listen to other people's opinions
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #24

Quote:
You asked why people discredit Graf and THAT IS A REASON WHY. So sit your fucking ass down, please. You wanted answers and that is mine. Stop trying to save face and actually listen to other people's opinions
Right. It's not THE REASON why. So sit the fuck down.
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #25
country flag Shiffrin

Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute Shiffrin has a reputation beyond repute

Seles looked like she could be a tough competitor for Graf and I am absolutely sure that Graf wouldn't have so many slams if it wasn't for Prohl. People never gave really gave her all those accomplishments because of Seles's confidence at that time
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #26
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
What in the world would make you put Serena in the same galaxy as Navratilova and Evert? Won't talk about Court because of all the Open Era/pre-Open Era mess
Cause in case you haven't noticed, she's the best of her generation, only 3 majors off of Nav/Everts slam count, and single handedly dominates the current tour the same way Evert and Nav did back in there day

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #27
country flag Gangstress

Quote:
Right. It's not THE REASON why. So sit the fuck down.
Girl so you agree that that is one of the reasons? I was just giving an answer to what you asked. I have no idea why you went all crazy on my ass when all I did was respond to the OP.

Anyway, why are we even arguing?
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Girl so you agree that that is one of the reasons? I was just giving an answer to what you asked.

Anyway, why are we even arguing?
Can't remember
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #29
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
Cause in case you haven't noticed, she's the best of her generation, only 3 majors off of Nav/Everts slam count, and single handedly dominates the current tour the same way Evert and Nav did back in there day
Yet she's just been 123 weeks at number 1. Sorry but she's still not at the level of Evert and Nav. She's still about 110 titles away from Evert and 120 from Navratilova

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #30
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I never said she was pretty Just... 'prettier' than Navratilova
Irrelevant.
nemurenai is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread