cxfhserdzrhhw5yuwhs4e5rusxtudrhj - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM   #166
country flag cehowardrx7
74,Old,Dirty & Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardSince05 View Post
I'm new to this board and I noticed you're quite black and white view on this topic and was tempted to have a conversation with you on the issue. But now I'm noticing that you continually post the same thing on every thread, and more than once. And it's always the same two/three people repeating the same things back and forward to each other - no-one willing to see the middle ground at all. Doesn't it get tiresome?
Well, since you are new, and found it nice to single me out for repeating things over and over, I am going to tell what you can do over and over and don't let it get tiresome either!!.

BLOW ME!
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #167
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
her fans said she advance on her on skill!
Did you check your grammar before you posted?
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM   #168
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
her fans said she advance on her on skill!
Even before the stabbing,she also beat Monica more times while Seles was world number 1,so I guess that's because of her own skill
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM   #169
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

Graf is the greatest SINGLES player to me, Margaret Court won so many because the Australian was weak in those days. GRAF is the greatest!
Spice is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM   #170
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What really makes this thread a joke is this.

Graf is not overlooked, or overrated, her record it TAINTED. Period.

Check out this IMPORTANT FACT..

What over tennis player in the old era, or the modern era has had their OPPONENT HURT for the sold purpose of advancing another player. Also, when that player advance, her fans state she didn't need any help.

Where on this earth can any one come up with that EXCUSE!

AGain, FACTS:

1.Seles was stabbed to advance Graf.

2.The stabber admits he stabbed Seles to advance Graf.

3.After Seles is out the picture Graf advances and fullfills the stabbers motive.

4.When Graf advance, her fans said she advance on her on skill!

You can take the above to a 5 year old, and they will say, Graf's record is tainted for the simple fact, the stabber did it to advance Graf. Maybe Graf would have advanced even better if Seles was not stabbed. But, once she was stabbed, all what Graf did after that was tainted by the stabber.

Graf fans can tell each other fairy tales and agree with each other, but the real world and history has it record that Graf's rival was stabbed and taken out the picture, so Graf, because of her crazed tennis fan is tainted. BTW, it is also noted in history, that a German court, set the stabber free. Why, because the stabber was German, and Graf was German.
I admire your determination. But how often are you going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, when obviously no one cares (here or anywhere else, judging by her respect and accolades)??
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #171
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
Graf is the greatest SINGLES player
Indeed she is...and she is voted as such!
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:13 PM   #172
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
But how often are you going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, when obviously no one cares??
People do not take that as an argument to vote against her or don't even take that into any kind of consideration!

And it's not the way just I think, but the votes in all these polls show it clearly!

And that's why he is so bitter, angry and shouts at us because there isn't anything he can do to change the general opinion of the vast majority!

Well again, maybe he shouts because he doesn't hear very well, which is a normal thing for his age
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM   #173
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
People do not take that as an argument to vote against her or don't even take that into any kind of consideration!

And it's not the way just I think, but the votes in all these polls show it clearly!

And that's why he is so bitter, angry and shouts at us because there isn't anything he can do to change the general opinion of the vast majority!

Well again, maybe he shouts because he doesn't hear very well, which is a normal thing for his age
I guess anyone that continually does this either Loves Monica, hates Steffi or both.

Granted, everyone can have an opinion. Graf doesn't have to be your favorite player. However, to rail against Graf ad-naseum, when there are so many reasons not to, is the absurd heights of lunacy to me.

No one is listening.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #174
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
Even before the stabbing,she also beat Monica more times while Seles was world number 1,so I guess that's because of her own skill

You are really taking ANY bait to repeat this mantra of yours again and again and again
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #175
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

The bottom line is Graf is NOT overlooked. No form of GOAT discussion comes up without her name involved ever, even those who dont consider her the GOAT feel compelled to mention her name and offer their argument involving her when discussing who is the GOAT. More people the last 15 years consider her the GOAT (rightly or wrongly, IMO wrongly) than anyone else, in other words she is the consensus GOAT. This thread and its premise is stupid on every level. As I said if anything Graf is overrated.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM   #176
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

because she

1. wasn't a showboat, rarely did fashion events, promotional events and ads......
2. was just business and focused all the time on the game like sampras......
3. din't wear flashy outfits to attract casual followers and novice followers of the sport.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM   #177
country flag DiehardSince05

DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice

Quote:
Well, since you are new, and found it nice to single me out for repeating things over and over, I am going to tell what you can do over and over and don't let it get tiresome either!!.

BLOW ME!
Niceee..

Suppose it's a change to "Graf's record is forever tainted and that's that" and all that yada.

Who says so, you?

Because clearly that's something that isn't a universally accepted position. You're a lone voice in a whole babble of voices. Not everyone's going to agree with you - perhaps you should accept that.

P.S... What other criteria would place a player's records in the 'tainted' category for you?
DiehardSince05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM   #178
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Read, please. I'm comparing Serena's 2002 form to Steffi's 1988 (or, hell, Steffi's 1989, or 1993, or 1995..... she did have numreous seasons that were better than Serena's best, after all).
Who cares? Hingis 1997 is better than any Graf season except 1988, MAYBE 1989. This thread isn't about who has had the greatest season. Margaret Court won the Grand Slam twice, so does that automatically catapult her over Graf? And, Serena didn't play all 4 majors in 2002 or 2003 unfortunately.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #179
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
because she

1. wasn't a showboat, rarely did fashion events, promotional events and ads......
2. was just business and focused all the time on the game like sampras......
3. din't wear flashy outfits to attract casual followers and novice followers of the sport.....
Graf was so classy it was boring. I can't stand trashiness but she was just too boring.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:06 PM   #180
country flag Anabelcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
You are really taking ANY bait to repeat this mantra of yours again and again and again
I repeat only as a reply

It's a fact that even Monica confirmed was one of the reasons she believes that Graf was a better overall player...
Closed Thread