Revolution - NBC new series created by Supernatural's creator | Renewed for Season 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #1
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Revolution - NBC new series created by Supernatural's creator | Renewed for Season 2

Revolution is an American dystopia dramatic television series created by Eric Kripke (creator of Supernatural) for the NBC network. It airs on Mondays at 10:00 pm Eastern/9:00 pm Central, after The Voice. The network placed a series order in May 2012. Iron Man director Jon Favreau directed the pilot episode. The series debuted on Monday, September 17, 2012, at 10:00 pm Eastern/9:00 pm Central.

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves.

What would you do without it all? In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions and "Supernatural's" Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology - computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights - has mysteriously blacked out forever. A drama with sweeping scope and intimate focus, "Revolution" is also about family - both the family you're born into and the family you choose. This is a swashbuckling journey of hope and rebirth seen through the eyes of one strong-willed young woman, Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos, "Being Human"), and her brother Danny (Graham Rogers, "Memphis Beat"). When Danny is kidnapped by militia leaders for a darker purpose, Charlie must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles (Billy Burke, "The Twilight Saga"), a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if - or how - it will ever return.

The series also stars Anna Lise Phillips ("Animal Kingdom") as Maggie, Zak Orth ("Romeo + Juliet) as Aaron, JD Pardo ("A Cinderella Story") as Nate, Giancarlo Esposito ("Breaking Bad") as Captain Tom Neville, David Lyons ("The Cape") as Bass, Maria Howell ("The Blind Side") as Grace, Daniella Alonso ("Friday Night Lights") as Nora, Tim Guinee ("Iron Man") as Ben Matheson and Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost") as Rachel Matheson. Kripke, Abrams and Bryan Burk ("Lost," "Star Trek") serve as executive producers, and Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") serves as co-executive producer. "Revolution" is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Favreau.

[IMG][/IMG]

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •

Last edited by Julian. : Apr 27th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #2
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolution - NBC's new series created by the creator of Supernatural

Anybody saw the pilot just now? Interesting plot and I think it does look promising!

The female lead character Charlie looks a little bit like Roddick's hot wife aka Brooklyn Decker

• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #3
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

It was alright. Definitely has the potential to be interesting but I feel like the characters are a little too campy. I'll tune in again next week.
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #4
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this won't flop like the River.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #5
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Hope this won't flop like the River.
Or Terra Nova

Look like it won't though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/18/revolution-ratings/

'Revolution' premiere ratings set NBC record

NBC’s Revolution was televised — and more than 10 million people watched, setting a ratings record for the network.
The latest J.J. Abrams-produced thriller about a post-electrical future delivered 11.7 million viewers and a very strong 4.1 rating in the adult demographic at 10 p.m. Monday night. Moreover, the second week of The Voice unexpected rose in the ratings — up a healthy 10 percent to lead the evening with 13.4 million viewers and a 4.6 in the demo.
Though Revolution was down a bit from its Voice opening act, a 4.1 is a great number this time slot — particularly on NBC. According to the network, this is the biggest broadcast TV drama premiere in three years on any network (since ABC’s V in 2009) and the biggest drama premiere on NBC in five years (since Bionic Woman in 2007).
The only bummer: Revolution dropped from a 4.4 in its first half hour to a 3.8 in its second half, suggesting a fair chunk of viewers switched off midway through. Usually when that happens a show’s second episode average rating is down a bit. Still, NBC would happily give this show a full season order if it was steadily pulling a 2.4 rating in this slot. It’s got a lot of wiggle room here. Let’s hope Revolution can creatively pull off the next several episodes (we haven’t seen the second hour yet). And, of course, next week Revolution will face CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 (last night was a repeat) and ABC’s Castle — gulp.
Meanwhile, over on Fox, the bluntest new title on TV — The Mob Doctor — went Code Blue on the table at 9 p.m. The medical mafia drama was seen by 5.1 million viewers and pulled a weak 1.5 rating in the demo. The return of Bones (7.8 million, 2.3) served as a lead-in, with the veteran procedural down a sharp 30 percent from its premiere last year which was on a Thursday night.
Neither new show received great reviews from the critics, with Revolution averaging a score of 65 out of 100 on Metacritic and Mob Doc pulling a 36.

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #6
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

It will be going to be up against the season premieres of Castle on ABC and Hawaii Five O on CBS.

As long as it can maintain 2's in the demo, Revolution will get at least 13 episodes.
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #7
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

They lost me the moment the cars stopped working when the electricity went out.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #8
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater718 View Post
It will be going to be up against the season premieres of Castle on ABC and Hawaii Five O on CBS.

As long as it can maintain 2's in the demo, Revolution will get at least 13 episodes.
I thought the 13 episodes are guaranteed and it will be extended to a full season if it maintains the good rating?

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #9
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

This looks like another Terra Nova disaster...
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #10
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
They lost me the moment the cars stopped working when the electricity went out.
and it's so easy to learn how a car engine works! but the lights going out in sequence instead of all at once bugged me the most.
also, hate the girl and her idiot brother. wish they had died and the father had lived.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #11
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I thought the 13 episodes are guaranteed and it will be extended to a full season if it maintains the good rating?
If it maintain's mid to high 2's (even low 2's), it will most likely get a full season.

NBC doesn't have anything else, drama wise.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #12
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest problem I have atm is Charlie.
She is so cardboard it's not even funny.

And the dialogue

Last edited by eck : Sep 25th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
eck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #13
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

i liked this episode a lot more than pilot after adjusting my expectations.
the girl wasn't so bad after she managed to use her brain and trick not!jacob and kill 2(!) evil guys.

also, i really hope the central romance is beteween the uncle and the new girl, NOT katniss and jacob.

Last edited by wild.river : Sep 25th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #14
country flag Crater718

It did a 3.5 in the 18-49 demo and beat Castle and H5O in it's timeslot (in the demo).

NBC had a good night!
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #15
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
i liked this episode a lot more than pilot after adjusting my expectations.
the girl wasn't so bad after she managed to use her brain and trick not!jacob and kill 2(!) evil guys.

also, i really hope the central romance is beteween the uncle and the new girl, NOT katniss and jacob.
Katniss and Jacob? Are you referring to Charlie and Nate and compare them to Hunger Games and Twilight?