US/Canada Swing (D-Day) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
US/Canada Swing (D-Day)

Well, after the complete disaster of the past few months, I think this is the part of the season that will decide whether Marion can cling onto a top 10 spot and challange in the race. Theres practically no other top 25 player in Stanford, (Serena will surely pull out) and only a few in San Diego, and then a lot of tired players not used to the surface in Montreal, which is traditionally one of Marions best tournaments. Cinci and NY to follow, I presume no New Haven for her. She really cannot afford any bad or early losses here. She really should take the Stanford title. I hope.

Stanford draw will be out later I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold
Re: US/Canada Swing (D-Day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Well, after the complete disaster of the past few months, I think this is the part of the season that will decide whether Marion can cling onto a top 10 spot and challange in the race. Theres practically no other top 25 player in Stanford, (Serena will surely pull out) and only a few in San Diego, and then a lot of tired players not used to the surface in Montreal, which is traditionally one of Marions best tournaments. Cinci and NY to follow, I presume no New Haven for her. She really cannot afford any bad or early losses here. She really should take the Stanford title. I hope.

Stanford draw will be out later I think.
she's down for new haven Ferg
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

(1)Serena Williams (USA) v BYE
(wc)Nicole Gibbs (USA) v Q
(wc)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)
Q v (6)Chanelle Scheepers (RSA)

(3)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v BYE
Q v Q
Ayumi Morita (JPN) v Stephanie Dubois (CAN)
Vania King (USA) v (7)Petra Martic (CRO)

(8)Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Urszula Radwanska (POL)
Melinda Czink (HUN) v Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)
(4)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v BYE

(5)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v Kai-Chen Chang (TPE)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v Heather Watson (GBR)
(wc)Mallory Burdette (USA) v Anne Keothavong (GBR)
(2)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE

Marion should win here because I think Serena probably will withdraw
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #4
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

There really is no excuse for her not to make the final here. If serena withdraws or tanks i expect nothing less but the title
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #5
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Straightforward R2, Stephens/Watson could be tricky but she shouldnt lose to them and Wickmayer is her pidgeon I think. The other quarter on her half looks even easier. Her record in the past 3 years is 13-2, lets hope she finds some form again, these could be easy points.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #6
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

She will play US college Mallory Burdette R2. We will see how she feels. I suppose that her dad has locked everything around her in order to recover high level. They tried something new. It didn't work. At least they tried.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #7
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

elle va jouer quand? je peux rien trouver ŕ propos du quotodien?!
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #8
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

STADIUM: 11:00am
1. [LL]Zheng vs. [9]Cirstea
2. [8]Erakovic vs. Radwanska NB 2:00pm
3. [WC]Burdette vs. [2]Bartoli
4. Daniilidou/Radwanska vs. [3]Grandin/Uhlirova
5. Legends NB 7:00pm
6. [3]Cibulkova vs. [Q]Sema NB 8:00pm

QF #2, 3, and 4 to be televised live
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #9
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Marion and Sampras had a hit
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #10
country flag Ferg

wtf?!
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #11
country flag Ferg

Some tweets about it

Sampras marveling at Bartoli's swing volleys. "How do u do that?" "U want me to teach u?" He's looking at her like she's a freak of nature.

Bartoli is absolutely crushing her returns, much to Pete's bewilderment/amusement

When Serena asked Marion if she could hit w/ Pete Sampras instead, "Serena, for once, let me beat you in something. I'm hitting w/ him."
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #12
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

^ OMG Link?
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #13
~*Princess Karolina*~

The players left in her half:

Erakovic
Vandewedge
Wickmayer (Marion's pigeon)
U. Rad
Burdette

She's been practicing with Sampras, no excuses to not reach the final.
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #14
~*Princess Karolina*~

Just saw the quote on twitter i love it
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #15
country flag Ferg

Shes actually hilarious She always comes up with such great one liners Shes so articulate, surely a career in TV awaits her like Momo and Santoro!