Can Venus get to 50 titles before she retires? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #1
country flag cozy411

cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future cozy411 has a brilliant future
Can Venus get to 50 titles before she retires?

She's at 45 right now. Can she win 5 more titles in the next two years before she retires? I really hope she can do it.
cozy411 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2014, 10:11 PM   #2
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can Venus get to 50 titles before she retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozy411 View Post
She's at 45 right now. Can she win 5 more titles in the next two years before she retires? I really hope she can do it.
Depends on how much she cares. She could just pick off a few Int'ls a year while collecting fat appearance fee checks.

Personally, I'd rather see her fill the gap with a couple of MM, a PM, and dare I say a final Wimbledon/US Open.
SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #3
country flag MajesticVenus
Ebony Queen

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say she retires at the end of 2016 or at the US Open 2016.

If she wins Quebec, she will have 46 titles. That leaves four of them. Since Sjogren's comeback, Venus has won Luxembourg (2012) + Dubai (2014). 2013 does not count because that was a 2006 mess. Let's say she wins a title each year, that would be 48. I think Venus should enter slightly easier events because she is always in the tough ones without much match play. Let's see if this changes next year. She can certainly reach 50. I would love for her to do it.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #4
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

She can. I'm sure that is a goal for her too
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #5
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticVenus View Post
Let's say she retires at the end of 2016 or at the US Open 2016.

If she wins Quebec, she will have 46 titles. That leaves four of them. Since Sjogren's comeback, Venus has won Luxembourg (2012) + Dubai (2014). 2013 does not count because that was a 2006 mess. Let's say she wins a title each year, that would be 48. I think Venus should enter slightly easier events because she is always in the tough ones without much match play. Let's see if this changes next year. She can certainly reach 50. I would love for her to do it.
I like the way you think. But her draws may be easier next year. If she schedules well this fall and goes deep at a few events she can be top 15. That will help with easier draws next year.
Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #6
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future

That one of my goals for her. It's definitely doable. It would be nice if one of those last five were the Aussie title. I've completely given up on Roland Garros.
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #7
country flag Z1988

Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of

Can she? Yes. She can vulture some weak ass tournaments to guarantee it. However, I always want her to win some biggies as well. A grandslam would be a dream, but some PMs or P5s would be great too! Too bad she was too exhausted in Montreal after those consecutive three-setters though
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote