Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #121
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post

And zuperfann explicitly blamed Bush for 2 regional wars (Iraq and Afghanistan). Regarding Libya, I've said several times here that Obama should have made the rebels accept the same proposed African Union brokered ceasefire Khaddafi was willing to. (And Security Council Resolution 1973 envisioned only that).
Gaddafi was an absolute madman. Do you really believe he would have stuck to that ceasefire and handed peace over democratically?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #122
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gaddafi was an absolute madman. Do you really believe he would have stuck to that ceasefire and handed peace over democratically?
No, he wasn't.

And its really ironic, that EU is attacking Gadaffi for being madman, while buying gas from a man who is literally biggest scum on this planet.

Want to spread democracy ? Invide Russia then.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM   #123
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At least four people have been killed after military police and protesters took over several militia bases in the Libyan city of Benghazi.

Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the US ambassador stormed the compounds of the Islamic extremist militias suspected of carrying out the attack. A crowd overwhelmed the Ansar al Shariah Brigade's site in the centre of the city. Buildings and a car were set alight and the fighters were evicted.

The protesters chanted "Libya, Libya", "No more al Qaeda!" and "The blood we shed for freedom shall not go in vain!" as they carried weapons out of the base. One of the demonstrators Hassan Ahmed said: "After what happened at the American consulate, the people of Benghazi had enough of the extremists.

"They did not give allegiance to the army. So the people broke in and they fled." However, in a later standoff outside the headquarters of the Sahaty Brigade, at least four people were killed and at least 34 injured, hospital sources said.

The violence followed a day of protests by more than 30,000 citizens who marched in Benghazi against armed militias.
"No, no, to militias," the crowd chanted. One sign read: "Benghazi is in a trap. Where is the army, where is the police?" Other signs mourned the killing of the ambassador, reading: "The ambassador was Libya's friend" and "Libya lost a friend."

Libya has struggled to control the heavily-armed militias which sprang up to overthrow Colonel Gaddafi's regime. A new wave of hostility towards them was sparked when US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the September 11 attack on the Benghazi embassy.

Many Libyans have expressed outrage at the attack on the US consulate, which followed a protest triggered by an anti-Islam film made in America. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Friday that the killings were a "terrorist attack", and White House spokesman Jay Carney said those responsible may have links to al Qaeda.

While Libya's militia groups claim they are protectors of the nation’s revolution, some say they act like gangs, detaining and intimidating rivals and carrying out killings. "I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said Omar Mohammed, a university student who took part in the protests.

Activists and residents have also held a sit-in for the past eight days outside the Sahaba Mosque in the city of Darna. "The killing of the ambassador blew up the situation. It was disastrous," said Ayoub al Shedwi, a young Muslim preacher in Darna. "We felt that the revolution is going in vain."
http://news.sky.com/story/988151/isl...benghazi-bases
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #124
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

In essence Libya would have become a pro-Gaddafi west (capital in Tripoli) and an anti-Gadaffi east (capital in Benghazi, capable of defending itself). Besides, SCR 1973 had no expiration date. Just as North Korea hasn't resumed the war (for now 59 years) lest it risk destruction, Gaddafi wouldn't have either. And for about the 20th time here, the US-British-French playing of Russia and China by forcing Libyan "regime change" has given those 2 permanent SC members a perfect excuse to veto doing a damn thing to stop the carnage in Syria.

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #125
country flag Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
In essence Libya would have become a pro-Gaddafi west (capital in Tripoli) and an anti-Gadaffi east (capital in Benghazi, capable of defending itself). Besides, SCR 1973 had no expiration date. Just as North Korea hasn't resumed the war (for now 59 years) lest it risk destruction, Gaddafi wouldn't have either. And for about the 20th time here, the US-British-French playing of Russia and China by forcing Libyan "regime change" has given those 2 permanent SC members a perfect excuse to veto doing a damn thing to stop the carnage in Syria.
That could have been even more disastrous, as East Libya is recognized as being a lot more extreme than the west in regards to terrorism, with many terrorists travelling from it to Afghanistan or Pakistan to train. If it was seperated the people may have been put under harsher Sharia laws, as they wouldnt have the support of the more moderate west. The ordinary people of course dont fit the stereotype, with even places like Derna being quite western-like, but if it was handed over to Islamists to control who knows what could have happened. We could have been left with a terrorist hotbed in the East and then Gaddafi in the West, not a very nice situation for anyone. At least the country is united, and the people can support each other in getting rid of these dangerous rogue militias themselves, with most of them agreeing to disband after seeing what happened in Benghazi.