Tashkent SF: (Q)Donna Vekic df. Eva Binerova 6-1 3-6 6-1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #1
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Tashkent SF: (Q)Donna Vekic df. Eva Binerova 6-1 3-6 6-1

At 16y2m Donna is the youngest player to reach a WTA final since Paszek reached the Portoroz final as a 15 year old in 2006, six years ago. This is also her first ever WTA maindraw.

In the first set she was flawless but Birnerova was pretty useless. The second set Donna started making more errors and lost concentration but she picked her game up in time for the third and played extremely well to finish it off.

She's just a good all round and powerful player. She absorbs pace very well off both wings and redirects it extremely accurately and with a lot of pace. Her serve is already better than most WTA players. She served 9 aces and gets a lot of free points off it also. Only 1 double fault!

She said in an interview at Wimbledon this year that she models her game after Sharapova and Wozniacki. Her takeback for her groundstrokes is very similar to Wozniacki's but she definitely looks to hit more winners You don't see any moonballs from her. She generally plays with controlled aggression although for sure she gets a bit impatient at times

If Donna loses the final she'll be ranked around #122. If she wins it she'll be ranked around #109.

Please win the title
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #2
country flag GSMPrzysiezny

GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of
Re: Tashkent SF: (Q)Donna Vekic df. Eva Binerova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Vekic is a brainy ballbasher. So much controlled agression. She has a good head on her shoulders too, very, very cool. She's pretty fast too.

Huge balls from Birnerova to take the second set. She was breakpoint or 0:30 down in every single service game of hers. Takes a somewhat lucky set against the run of play, Vekic unfazed.
GSMPrzysiezny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #3
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova and Wozniacki, how awkward

The boss!
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #4
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

what a run but have to admit that this field is more ITF level
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #5
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

she can take the title imo. She needs to work on the 0-40, 0-30 points though, really lets the player off the hook.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #6
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Good for her
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #7
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Well done!!!
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #8
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Performance not as good as in last matches but who cares.
Amazing run for her!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm most impressed by her serve, it's so solid. I think that alone will take her far in her generation of serveless Slavics.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #10
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

I wonder how jealous chingching is

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #11
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

If she debuted several years ago, I think she would have shot up the rankings.

But I mean even say...2008-2009 vs. 2012, only a few years but the tours massive growth in the serve department. A big serve helps obviously, but there aren't as many ridiculous DFers anymore. Even someone like Aga can pull out a 110mph serve. Only someone like Vika, who is actively tinkering with her service motion, has serious problems with it.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #12
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

it'd be incredible of she won here, in her first WTA main draw. i hope i can see her play soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
She said in an interview at Wimbledon this year that she models her game after Sharapova and Wozniacki.
that's kind of an offputting combination

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #13
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see Donna's today's match but I saw her playing Bojana yesterday and she's very good, still only 16-year-old, with big groundstrokes and a big serve and a pretty solid movement I'm a fan, I have to watch her more, this is amazing that she reached the final good luck against Ula/Begu

also it's great that we have a young player who seems to make some damage in the future
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #14
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprotek View Post
Vekic is a brainy ballbasher. So much controlled agression. She has a good head on her shoulders too, very, very cool. She's pretty fast too.

Huge balls from Birnerova to take the second set. She was breakpoint or 0:30 down in every single service game of hers. Takes a somewhat lucky set against the run of play, Vekic unfazed.
This word needs to be banished. Being aggressive doesn't automatically make someone a ballbasher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
If she debuted several years ago, I think she would have shot up the rankings.

But I mean even say...2008-2009 vs. 2012, only a few years but the tours massive growth in the serve department.
A big serve helps obviously, but there aren't as many ridiculous DFers anymore. Even someone like Aga can pull out a 110mph serve. Only someone like Vika, who is actively tinkering with her service motion, has serious problems with it.
She wouldn't. The only thing that has grown is technology. The difference between now and a few years ago is overrated.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #15
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to see a young player breaking out. Even if she turns out to be a Sesil rather than a Maria, it's still nice for hope and promise.

She's got her head screwed on. In the media interviews, the journalists are talking about how much she's going to climb the rankings and she says she's taking it one step at a time or else she'll lose focus.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote