News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1066
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Lol great. Does that really get more viewers than the tennis? As Patrick says though, almost certainly there will be streams Monday-Saturday from Doha.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1067
country flag moviemac

moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What can they possibly be showing over the tennis that is more important?
Bowls!

moviemac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1068
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Something still doesn't sound right to me. Eurosport have always shown Doha and Dubai in full, in fact in the past it has been one of the only events that the commentary teams were on site and would do post-match interviews with the players. To not be showing a Premier 5 at all when you have "full coverage of the WTA tour" doesn't sound right.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM   #1069
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

I checkked no coverage on thursday so I don't think they shows anything...
Good thing i joined TennisTV, they have streams from Dubai\Doha starting Monday
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM   #1070
country flag ozza

One thing that is intertesting is if TennisTV is to be believed. WTA coverage of Indian Wells is to start on Saturday 9th March. This is 2 days earlier than in previous years so would be an improvement. Having said that, it would still only see coverage begin mid-way through round 2. And still less than half the coverage ATP Indian Wells receives (WTA 20 matches, ATP 47 matches).
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM   #1071
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

There's nothing to show on Eurosport about WTA tennis now. All premier tournaments are in a local broadcaster which telecast Eurosport as well. Very nice though with Chinese commentators and anytime replay...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #1072
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Snooker
That annoyed me in the australian when it was late starting one night because of the snooker, instead of midnite my time it came on at 1.15am!! Was soooo mad.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM   #1073
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
That annoyed me in the australian when it was late starting one night because of the snooker, instead of midnite my time it came on at 1.15am!! Was soooo mad.
Lol yes. The irony of that it wasn't the actual snooker running past midnight. It was the fact that some Dhaka rally that was scheduled after the snooker apparently couldn't be cancelled. Because that apparently is more important than grand slam tennis.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1074
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Lol yes. The irony of that it wasn't the actual snooker running past midnight. It was the fact that some Dhaka rally that was scheduled after the snooker apparently couldn't be cancelled. Because that apparently is more important than grand slam tennis.
I know lol!! Such a joke. I reckon its a ploy to try and make people subscribe to Eurosport player.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1075
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
I know lol!! Such a joke. I reckon its a ploy to try and make people subscribe to Eurosport player.
The problem with said theory. Is nearly everyone who knows about Eurosport player will know they can just stream the matches for free elsewhere, and not be like a minute behind the live action either.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1076
country flag crystal ball

crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of

Quote:
Actually, yes the Dakar Rally finish is more important than earlier rounds of Grand Slam. In motorsports there are few things more important, if any at all. Also Masters final in snooker is something like Grand Slam final in tennis
It's EuroSPORT, not EuroTENNIS, you know...
crystal ball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM   #1077
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

I checkked no coverage on thursday so I don't think they shows anything...
Doha coverage doesn't begin until Friday.

Friday 15 Feb 17:00 to 18:30
Saturday 16 Feb 15:00 to 19:00
Sunday 17 Feb 15:00 to 17:00
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM   #1078
country flag Austrianer1967

Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light Austrianer1967 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you. but this is very little compared to the last years!
Austrianer1967 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM   #1079
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Actually, yes the Dakar Rally finish is more important than earlier rounds of Grand Slam. In motorsports there are few things more important, if any at all. Also Masters final in snooker is something like Grand Slam final in tennis
It's EuroSPORT, not EuroTENNIS, you know...
But whatever it is, is not even being aired live? How can it be that important if it's not being aired live? There is also no way British Eurosport (bare in mind British Eurosport is separate from Int'l Eurosport) are getting more viewers for the Dakar Rally than the tennis. It was a bad business decision.

Also that is terrible from Eurosport re-Doha. Not showing a P5 before the quarter finals is just .
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1080
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

A quick question if ES isn't showing it will we still get streams via MCS or the other EU broadcasters?