News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #91
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
That wasn't the point. Without Eurosport there will be no WTA tournaments shown - I can't see any UK TV channels picking them up.

Me too, and even if one picks it up, it's not going to be to the extent of Eurosport. Eurosport was really good. Plus, if you bought the Eurosport Player online you always had that additional WTA channel too whenever a tournament was going on.

Maybe their coverage of US Open was ridiculous but that's mostly because SkySports had the rights too. WTA you just killed it for us, you really did.

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #92
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

" to promote tennis rights decentrally "

What's that suppose to mean?

No other channel will broadcast! That's pretty much the end of tennis in Germany! Thanks, WTA!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #93
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
Fuck. I need tennis on Eurosport international.

Now in Australia we will get semifinals (maybe) and finals delayed by 3 days with the monotone US Skinner guy commentating on Foxsports. That's about it...

Internet here is too shit for streams to be a preferable option, plus the time difference is often ridiculous and I need to record matches to get around to watching them.

I'm screwed.
Sad, I noticed this year there has been a lot less tennis shown on Eurosport this year. Have enjoyed the coverage of the WTA and hope too see it continue.

O and the Foxsports guy is painful, its not that he says anything overly silly and seems likable but there are times when he clearly needs someone to bounce views off.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #94
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of

They want to negotiate individual broadcasting rights for different regions. They probably expect that they'll get more money this way. Whether this actually improves coverage is yet to be seen.

Last edited by dany.p : Sep 14th, 2012 at 07:10 AM.
dany.p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #95
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

So in other words we wont have tennis on TV at all anymore. It's not the same watching on TV and on livestream
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #96
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany.p View Post
They want to negotiate individual broadcasting rights for different regions. They probably expect that they'll get more money this way. Whether this actually improves coverage is yet to be seen.
Yes, more money/better contracts for them does not necessary equate to better coverage. And worse coverage would equate to less money in the long term, but oh well. We have no influence in this.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #97
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

It will be really bad when there'll be also no live streams. Otherwise I can live with that.
So we'll get to watch only 3 tournaments each year, where ES will torture us to death with matches of the local mugs until they lose.
And I'm tired of watching the likes of Kohlschreiber, Mayer...and of wishing they'll lose early.
So RIP ES!
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #98
country flag ananke

ananke has disabled reputation

This sucks so much. I actually liked ES.

Gee, thanks, WTA. Now I'll have no way to watch your sport at all.
ananke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #99
country flag Ingokoer

Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold Ingokoer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
So in other words we wont have tennis on TV at all anymore. It's not the same watching on TV and on livestream :(
Thank you, finally exactly what this is all about. I can't understand all the people praising the livestreams. I am not able to watch the european tournaments live at noon / afternoon and the australian / american tournaments live at night (european time). I HAVE TO WORK at noon / afternoon and to sleep at night because of getting up early in the morning to go to work.

Thats why watching live tennis for me was / is only possible some hours in the evening and on weekends. I was happy with Eurosport because I could always record tennis on my hard drive recorder and watch it after coming home from work.

So at least THIS is a difference between Tennis on a TV channel, able to be recorded and watched later, or live streams which are ONLY LIVE.

I can't imagine that I am the only one with the problem not having the possibility to watch tennis live on streams at each time on a day / night

STEFFI GRAF, LINDSAY DAVENPORT & AMÉLIE MAURESMO
Ingokoer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #100
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooo
People can complain about ES not giving tennis enough importance but at least they broadcasted matches from all important tournaments (bar Wimbledon). Now we might be left with nothing. Of course some countries will probably get good coverage but many will probably have no access to tennis on TV. I don't see how this is good for WTA.

Besides, if Polsat Sport starts showing WTA tournaments I will have to watch it on mute all the fuckin time

RIP Agasport too...
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #101
country flag ananke

ananke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingokoer View Post
Thank you, finally exactly what this is all about. I can't understand all the people praising the livestreams. (...)
Not to mention the streams are ad-filled crap in 480p that become unwatchable in fullscreen I'd gladly pay a few euros for official, extensive 720p+ streams, but guess what, there will be none with the rights to broadcast in my country if ES player goes down.
ananke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #102
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, this sucks. However, since I won't be able to watch it anyway, kinda don't care.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #103
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
Do you really think they'd treat Wimbledon and SEWTA tournaments the same way?
No, but they now have 4 channels to fill and like I said they would never shaft tennis to favour winter sports and other such novelty crap Eurosport's mostly Mitteleuropa constituency seemingly can't get enough of - let alone snooker. They even shifted their golf coverage to a dedicated channel.

SportTV have always broadcasted a ton of ATP (wall to wall TMS/1000, a lot of ATP 500 since a couple of years or so, and now even ATP 250s), with no interruptions to show people in funny hats skiing at Scheissewald, Schwaben or some shithole in northeast Pomerania. The rather uncompelling WTA MMs (Bastad, Chokoroz) they broadcasted in the past didn't even get shafted all that much, though their Fed Cup coverage usually is as it coincides with the weekend's wall to wall football broadcasts.

So if SportTV do indeed purchase the rights, I'm almost positive they'll do a way better job than Eurosport ever did. Plus they don't give a shit about Agatha's scrawny, disgustingly ugly ass.

Still, all of this is pure conjecture at the moment. If MCS claims to be available in Portugal, maybe they have plans to market their channels here, hopefully including their all-WTA channel. If they don't, that should open the way for a local broadcaster, which can only be SportTV.

Last edited by Corswandt : Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #104
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Still, all of this is pure conjecture at the moment. If MCS claims to be available in Portugal, maybe they have plans to market their channels here, hopefully including their all-WTA channel.
Looks like that might be the case. Happening virtually as we speak:

http://www.aqui.com.pt/tvnews/2012/0...-na-cabovisao/
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #105
country flag Golan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute

blah blah, rumours?