News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #976
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Kto k**** dał Jońcę na tenis???

Football guy comments tennis on TVP Sport after the change of rights. Might as well turn the sound off.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #977
country flag Golan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post

Football guy comments tennis on TVP Sport after the change of rights. Might as well turn the sound off.
"Chinka gra na chybił-trafił, ale bardziej na chybił" tak było wczoraj :P
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #978
country flag Luckyhell

Luckyhell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampi View Post
I hope they will find a proper solution asap. The current situation in terms of WTA-tennis live on tv in Germany is a complete nogo.
How you can see BT on germany??
Luckyhell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #979
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrusca View Post
It's not really fractured at all. All the WTA Premier tournaments (at least) will be on the BT Sport channels for 4 years. The channels will be available via the BT Vision, Sky and, presumably, Virgin platforms.

BT Sport won't be part of Sky's packages. They will be additional subscription channels just like ESPN is now.
Then that is fractured then from the POV of Sky customers, isn't it? £20 worth of fracture possibly. Easy to get if you're just setting up with BT now, but if not a streamlined package would involve a full switch over.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #980
country flag Kampi

Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyhell View Post
How you can see BT on germany??
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You mean whether I'm able to watch BT=british television in general or this BT channel? If this is correct then the answer is no for both I'm afraid. I'm on SAT (Astra) and the only options available are ES, ES-HD and ES2. In terms of ATP I could order Sky HD because I already have Sky Sport 1 & 2, but they only show Wimbledon during the year. With the HD package comes Sport 1+ and this channel shows ATP tennis, but I'm not willing to pay an extra 10 bucks per month only for ATP. In terms of WTA I only have the ES thingy and I guess like many others in Germany I'm waiting for some news about new broadcasting contracts. I hope that german edition of ES will show those premier events relating to this BT news.

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Australia, in France, in Great Britain and in the United States, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence (mental) and growing strength (physical) in the air (serve and volley), we shall defend our lovely Island (Jelena), whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches (clay-courts), we shall fight on the landing grounds (hard-courts), we shall fight in the fields (grass-courts) and in the streets (WTAworld), we shall fight in the hills(reaching the top) we shall and we will never surrender.“ GO JJ.........AMEN

Last edited by Kampi : Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
Kampi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #981
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Eurosport will share the coverage with BT Vision this season as BT doesnt launch till Aug.

Hearing its £5 for BT customers but £20 to subscribe to the BT sports channels if you are on Sky
It's starting in August and US Open rights are still exclusively with Sky? So BT customers wouldn't even get any Grand Slam tennis this year
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #982
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Then that is fractured then from the POV of Sky customers, isn't it? £20 worth of fracture possibly. Easy to get if you're just setting up with BT now, but if not a streamlined package would involve a full switch over.
It's not fractured in the sense that all the primary WTA tennis will be in the one place from next year.

Sure, it's fractured in that you can't get all sport on TV under one subscription, but that's nothing new.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #983
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
It's starting in August and US Open rights are still exclusively with Sky? So BT customers wouldn't even get any Grand Slam tennis this year
Well if they have Eurosport now they get the Australian and the French. They'll have the BBC for Wimbledon. If they have Sky they get the US, if they don't have Sky they wouldn't have had the US anyway.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #984
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post

Lepszy Jońca niż te polsatowe zrzędy, które w każdym meczu Agnieszki przypominają tylko, jak to jej wyniki zależą od hojności rywalek... Moim zdaniem dobrze się go słucha, może nawet lepiej niż niektórych z Eurosportu(Sikora). Komentował już z resztą wcześniej tenis z Igrzysk.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #985
esdee

esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of

Quote:
£20 seems quite steep for a channel that doesn't seem to offer much more (qualitatively) than ESPN does at present. Doesn't bother me as I would pay that for the tennis alone, but I can see it deterring many people.
If £20 is correct, I consider that a HUGE amount to pay over and above my existing Sky package. Apart from tennis, BT does not offer anything that would encourage me to switch. I also don't want to change my Internet provider.
I think they need to consider the fan base for WTA, many younger viewers who will not be able to afford an extra £20 a month.
esdee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #986
Olórin

Quote:
Sure, it's fractured in that you can't get all women's tennis sport on TV under one subscription, but that's nothing new.
Eurosport was available for a reasonable price under almost every major subscription. So I think it very much is something new in terms of price Also it doesn't look like the slams will be on this new channel. So again, it's more fractured than Eurosport where you at least 3/4 slams and the most import WTA events all on the same channel.

Quote:
Well if they have Eurosport now they get the Australian and the French. They'll have the BBC for Wimbledon. If they have Sky they get the US, if they don't have Sky they wouldn't have had the US anyway.
Well is Eurosport available on BT vision? I can't see that it is. It could be I am mistaken as I find their website hard to navigate.

Last edited by Olórin : Jan 11th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #987
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
Hi, is tennistv.com a good alternative? It hope it is better than eurosport player and worth 90Euro per year
Having just subscribed since the start of this season, I would give tennistv.com the thumbs up. So far, they've covered more matches than expected. Catchup is available on all matches (the full match). Streams are reliable. A lot of the commentaries are solo efforts, which isn't great. They had a "two months for the price of one" offer at the start of the season., might still be available after the Aussie Open.

All just my humble opinion...

Last edited by leftyness : Jan 11th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
leftyness is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #988
country flag cindycampbell

cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all

Here i spain Teledeporte shows some matches
cindycampbell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #989
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
Lepszy Jońca niż te polsatowe zrzędy, które w każdym meczu Agnieszki przypominają tylko, jak to jej wyniki zależą od hojności rywalek... Moim zdaniem dobrze się go słucha, może nawet lepiej niż niektórych z Eurosportu(Sikora). Komentował już z resztą wcześniej tenis z Igrzysk.
Jońca nie ma za grosz ekscytacji w głosie, chociaż w komentowaniu tenisa to akurat to bardzo nie jest potrzebne. Inna sprawa, że kiedyś usnąłem przy jego komentarzu podczas Copa America a nawet byłem wtedy trzeźwy U nas to chyba wyższa specjalizacja, że niektórzy komentatorzy nadają się do wszystkiego. Pytanie czy np. Karol Stopa pracował jako wolny strzelec dla ES i czy może robić teraz fuchy w TVP (chyba, że jest na Polsacie albo gdzieś bo nie wiem? ).
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #990
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Let´s not forget Eurosport still has some rights left. On Monday, 14 January 2013, Eurosport channels will start live HD broadcasts from Australian Open at 02:00 am in EET, 01:00 am in CET, and 00:00 am in GMT.

On Monday the Eurosport channels in Finland should broadcast the following events:
http://tv.eurosport.fi/tvschedule.shtml

(Some translations: ralli = rally driving, jalkapallo = football (soccer), mäkihyppy = ski jumping, Australian Avoimet = Australian Open,)

I checked some of those future time schedules, and for instance Women´s semi-finals should start at 04:30 in EET and 03:30 in CET on Thursday, 24 January 2013.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote