News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #76
country flag José Morgado

José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold José Morgado is a splendid one to behold
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
This.

ES just used tennis as filler for weekday afternoons in which they had nothing else to show. And that Agasport business made me want to shoot my TV.

And this.

It will vary from place to place IMO. Countries in which tennis is still among say the top 5 most popular sports like France will get good coverage, others not as much.

In Portugal, the local sports network SportTV clearly treats tennis as its #2 priority immediately behind football, and their coverage is excellent (two HD channels broadcasting nothing but live tennis during the Wimbledon fortnight, for instance). If they purchase the rights for the WTA premiers, I'm sure their coverage will shit all over Eurosport's, with wall to wall broadcasts on weekdays and LIVE SEMIS AND FINALS on the weekend, something ES1 could almost never be bothered with.

MCS claims to be available in Portugal, but I've never even heard of them.

Bottom line, good fucking riddance to Eurosport.
Let's pray.
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #77
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
It will probably end up on Arena, which I of course don't have, or Sportklub, where it play second fiddle to ATP.
I don't have Arena, but I'm willing to pay if they are going to show the matches, which I doubt. Few years ago we could watch some tournaments on Avala, but it's not an option anymore. Sportklub or B92 maybe, but only joint events.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #78
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I don't have Arena, but I'm willing to pay if they are going to show the matches, which I doubt. Few years ago we could watch some tournaments on Avala, but it's not an option anymore. Sportklub or B92 maybe, but only joint events.
B92 would be the worst option by far since they would only show Ana and Jelena, which means we'd get to see like 3 matches per tournament at most But I think it's highly unlikely.
The most realistic option IMO is Sportklub, and I guess they'd show the joint events on their main channel, and women's only events on their extra channels, most of which I again don't have.

I had completely forgotten about Avala! It was in 2007, if I remember well.
BKTV also used to show some tennis a long time ago. I remember they even showed Berlin and Hamburg the year Eurosport lost the rights for them for some reason, in 2002 I believe.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #79
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
B92 would be the worst option by far since they would only show Ana and Jelena, which means we'd get to see like 3 matches per tournament at most But I think it's highly unlikely.
The most realistic option IMO is Sportklub, and I guess they'd show the joint events on their main channel, and women's only events on their extra channels, most of which I again don't have.

I had completely forgotten about Avala! It was in 2007, if I remember well.
BKTV also used to show some tennis a long time ago. I remember they even showed Berlin and Hamburg the year Eurosport lost the rights for them for some reason, in 2002 I believe.
BKTV I forgot it existed. But, yes, they were showing tennis, I can't remember when it was. Avala was showing tennis in 2007, maybe even 2006. But Avala will be Saša Popović's television if I got the things right.

I hope that Sportklub will buy the rights, but we're screwed anyway. Awful news.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #80
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Dark and difficult times lie ahead
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #81
country flag Dodge

Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light Dodge is a glorious beacon of light

The package on offer seems fine so long as a good broadcaster can be found for your territory. If British Eurosport operate as a separate company it may make little difference in the UK. Tennis is very popular in this country so I'm sure a deal will be done.
Dodge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #82
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck. I need tennis on Eurosport international.

Now in Australia we will get semifinals (maybe) and finals delayed by 3 days with the monotone US Skinner guy commentating on Foxsports. That's about it...

Internet here is too shit for streams to be a preferable option, plus the time difference is often ridiculous and I need to record matches to get around to watching them.

I'm screwed.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #83
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

As an American who relies heavily on ES streams, nooooooo

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #84
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
Fuck. I need tennis on Eurosport international.

Now in Australia we will get semifinals (maybe) and finals delayed by 3 days with the monotone US Skinner guy commentating on Foxsports. That's about it...

Internet here is too shit for streams to be a preferable option, plus the time difference is often ridiculous and I need to record matches to get around to watching them.

I'm screwed.
CRYING WITH YOU I CAN'T AT THE ANNOYING LONER COMMENTATOR
Papillon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #85
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

My life is over.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #86
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
Because Eurosport owns the exclusive broadcasting rights of WTA Premier tournaments since years in all Europe. How do you expect other channels to show it then?
That wasn't the point. Without Eurosport there will be no WTA tournaments shown - I can't see any UK TV channels picking them up.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #87
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Sky doesn't show the AO and I don't think the BBC have bothered with Eastbourne for years

I really hope ITV doesn't get any more rights, I already hate the fact we'll be stuck with them for RG. Same with Sky and the US Open.
My mistakes! I'm showing my age with regard to BBC and Eastbourne!

It actually makes it even worse!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #88
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

Our best hope in the UK is that Laura and Heather keep rising in the ranks which may make a TV company show some interest! The BBC & ITV won't touch it and don't have anywhere to put it in anyway, can't see Sky caring either. ESPN may buy up some tournaments and British Eurosport could sort out its own separate contract. There is a new sports channel focusing on the less covered Olympic sports that is due to launch at some point, they may be interested.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #89
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALAD-GOAT View Post
My life is over.
This
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #90
country flag Hardiansf

Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of

Miss you Monica Wynne Angie Anna Chakvy Marion
Good luck also : Svetlana Li Na
Hardiansf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote