News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #766
country flag PeppeontheNet

PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Just saw the advertisement : Wta Brisbane on SuperTennis on 4-6 January
PeppeontheNet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #767
country flag PeppeontheNet

PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice

Why not? SuperTennis encrypted its programmes only in two occasions (Davis Cup) a couple of years ago. From then on, it's always been FTA whatever they broadcast. Btw DubaiSport and AlJazeeraSport televised Wta Tennis for years, always FTA
PeppeontheNet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #768
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Its now FTA only in HD from SuperTennis?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #769
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Channel updates:
121213: Super Tennis left Eutelsat Hot Bird 13A: 11096 H
121116: Super Tennis started on Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B: 12476 H

Its FTA now from Lyngsat.com but 11.096H stopped.

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #770
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of

Just saw the ad for Brisbrane international on sport 1. 3-5 january!
probably only showing the 1/2 and final. hopefully that's not the case with the other tournaments.
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #771
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

In Denmark the coverage starts 31-12 at 10:00CET also 2. and 3rd Jan night coverage at 2:30CET plus the 10am coverage

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #772
country flag Luckyhell

Luckyhell is an unknown quantity at this point

major concerns regarding Supertennis channel are two.
1. With three tournaments at the same time in the same week, they will see only a handful of games and jumping from one tournament to another
2. Supertennis channel has never broadcast in native HD, its transponder capacity for very low bit rate

another question.
what is the point that the wta sell the rights for each country when Supertennis transmits the games free and you can take in all Europe?
maybe crypt some tournament?

In the netherlands and denmark wich channel/frequency/bouquet/encoding are visibile the wta tour?

Anyone has news from spain and germany?
Luckyhell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #773
country flag fnc

fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3WLFC View Post
Just saw the ad for Brisbrane international on sport 1. 3-5 january!
probably only showing the 1/2 and final. hopefully that's not the case with the other tournaments.
Fingers crossed indeed that they will show earlier rounds also from other tournaments. It's annoying that there isn't a full schedule available online what they intend on showing. From the tournament of champions they also showed only the SF and final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyhell View Post
what is the point that the wta sell the rights for each country when Supertennis transmits the games free and you can take in all Europe?
maybe crypt some tournament?

In the netherlands and denmark wich channel/frequency/bouquet/encoding are visibile the wta tour?
Didn't Supertennis also use encoding for the WTA tournament in Rome a couple of years ago? I remember them doing so. I'm not sure if they can easily switch on encoding for an entire season. They'd have to be part of some subscription station. Otherwise how are people going to get hold of viewing cards. I agree it's odd that for now there is a FTA option available in Europe. Even if the commentary is in Italian.

The channel dedicated to tennis from the Dutch station Sport1 isn't available on satellite. They might show some tennis on sport1 select but that's no guarantee as to what and how often they'll show tennis. The Sport1 channels are encrypted.

Last edited by fnc : Dec 25th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
fnc is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #774
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/viasat.html

TV 2 Sport is not FTA, and encoded.

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #775
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

I cant find news for Serbia
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #776
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

After several different mails to tennistv i finally got this answer:

"The website wrongly says as WTA Premier Tournaments are not available in Europe.

We can assure that the website will be updated and correct information will be shown soon.

We can confirm that the WTA Premier Tournaments are available globally in 2013."
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #777
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/wta-tennis/EP00554478

For people moaning about European coverage, Canadian coverage excels itself again. The final will be on but shown the next day.

babsi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #778
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

sry I can't go through the whole thread - did any opportunity presented itself? I am willing to pay for some online service accessible in Europe (Poland) if necessary. Anything?
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #779
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
sry I can't go through the whole thread - did any opportunity presented itself? I am willing to pay for some online service accessible in Europe (Poland) if necessary. Anything?
SuperTennisTV got all the rights for the 22 premier events + YEC, they usually stream and broadcast free, it only remains to see if they'll crypt something now or if they'll continue this way.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #780
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

do they cover early rounds too? i hope it's accessible in Poland now that nobody has the rights here.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote