News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #646
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoru-no-kimi View Post
By the way it's playing out it seems almost certain that BT Vision have the rights and since they're not launching their sports channels until, I think, summer 2013, there's not too much urgency for them to announce anything yet. There are still quite a few things that aren't fully clear about what BT are doing in general, so I would expect to hear something when exact dates and details of their sports service are released and they're actually starting to advertise their channels.

I don't really understand what petitions and bombarding people with emails will do. In this case, it's BT's (or whoever has the rights) decision that they haven't announced it yet, so the WTA can't do anything.

As for me personally, I only have freeview so I've never been able to watch WTA outside of the slams on TV anyway so I'm not really bothered. Online streaming is ultimately the way forward - in a few years we'll all have smart TVs and be streaming everything anyway. The main issue I can see right now is that the lack of coverage in many European countries is going to make it harder for the WTA to attract a title sponsor, which definitely is a problem.
If what you say is the case, WTA should never have sold to someone who wasn't going to air your coverage until mid way through the season. That also shows you just how high up their priority list WTA coverage is for BT Vision if true. And you fear for it during times of the football etc.

This is also suicide from a commercial point of view. If the average person can't find any WTA tennis on their TV for the first half of 2013, they will have given up by the summer. To just not have any WTA tennis on tv in the UK for the first half of year would be terrible business.

The final point I agree with. The majority of people on here are die-hard tennis fans. Thus will likely watch the WTA whether it's televised or not. But this does nothing for casual or new viewers. You won't draw any new viewers if your fans are having to stream your product on Bet365 and the like. Unless there is some information we're missing, moving forward for the future this just does not seem smart business sense.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #647
country flag asdas

asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light asdas is a glorious beacon of light

very sad to hear this.
asdas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #648
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
If what you say is the case, WTA should never have sold to someone who wasn't going to air your coverage until mid way through the season. That also shows you just how high up their priority list WTA coverage is for BT Vision if true. And you fear for it during times of the football etc.

This is also suicide from a commercial point of view. If the average person can't find any WTA tennis on their TV for the first half of 2013, they will have given up by the summer. To just not have any WTA tennis on tv in the UK for the first half of year would be terrible business.

The final point I agree with. The majority of people on here are die-hard tennis fans. Thus will likely watch the WTA whether it's televised or not. But this does nothing for casual or new viewers. You won't draw any new viewers if your fans are having to stream your product on Bet365 and the like. Unless there is some information we're missing, moving forward for the future this just does not seem smart business sense.
In Denmark many older and retired people are also tennis fans there watch Caroline on Live Streams when there's no TV coverage...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #649
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

And as ES shows AO, Paris Indoor and Stuttgart there's some tennis on TV in first half of the year...

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #650
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
In Denmark many older and retired people are also tennis fans there watch Caroline on Live Streams when there's no TV coverage...
Must be a different culture. I cannot imagine many elder people here in UK doing that. I suppose it's different in Denmark though, as I assume Caroline is just adored as the nations sweetheart. Whereas here, even like Murray isn't overly popular (compared to Federer and Nadal).

While Eurosport have a couple of events, it would be really poor if Indian Wells, Miami and the like are not televised. These are some of the biggest events the tour has to showcase itself. And Paris will have a poor field anyway.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #651
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

If it was Sky it would have bee announced and marketed by now. It seems to be BTVision, I can't guess when we'll get info. Nobody even seems to know what the situation will be with their sports channel(s) let alone what sports they intend to show.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #652
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this actually. Sorry if AP.

Quote:
It is thought that initial comms work will focus on the build-up and launch of the two channels – set to go live next summer – as well as promoting the channels for a further six months.
Source:http://www.prweek.com/uk/news/116078...s-agency-hunt/

No fucking way.
I suppose we don't even know if it is indeed BT Vision but it seems very likely at this stage.
No Tennis until next summer is just unacceptable. I don't know how the tour could mess up this badly.

The best we can hope for is Sky having snapped these but aren't showing anything until post AO. Although Sky wouldn't pay for something and not show it, BT Vision would. They just snapped up all these sports deals hoping to build their profile.

I have a feeling tennistv will be very happy with subscription numbers for 2013.
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #653
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Just seen this actually. Sorry if AP.

Source:http://www.prweek.com/uk/news/116078...s-agency-hunt/

No fucking way.
I suppose we don't even know if it is indeed BT Vision but it seems very likely at this stage.
No Tennis until next summer is just unacceptable. I don't know how the tour could mess up this badly.

The best we can hope for is Sky having snapped these but aren't showing anything until post AO. Although Sky wouldn't pay for something and not show it, BT Vision would. They just snapped up all these sports deals hoping to build their profile.

I have a feeling tennistv will be very happy with subscription numbers for 2013.
It really is commercial suicide if they have sold to BT Vision and they have no plans to show anything until the summer. This is without even taking into account that BT Vision is not that accesible, and currently has next to no subscribers, you really have to wonder what WTA is thinking (short term $ most likely).
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #654
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

This is a hot mess.

Getting all those celebs for their ads and having the girls do all that promo for the tour, yet the can't even get their TV deals sorted out.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #655
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post

I sincerely hope he does not.
ugh, no. Even if he has a huge camera thingy swinging around, I like smarter ones.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #656
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Stacey Allaster is ruining the WTA. She needs to step down. What will be the Tour be like in 2007?

They won't ever find a sponsor if they don't have TV presence.
Then they have the YEC in Tianjin and that loser tournament in Plovdiv.

What a joke.
All this

Tianjin and Plovdiv, my fucking god, what is this?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #657
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

The Eurosport Schedule for the 1st January says Live Tennis Murray V Djokovic at the US Open. This must be Brisbane pencilled in but not deleted! interesting
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #658
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

i give up
its gonna have to be bet365 but streams are really not even 1% as good.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #659
country flag MARTYM8

MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
The Eurosport Schedule for the 1st January says Live Tennis Murray V Djokovic at the US Open. This must be Brisbane pencilled in but not deleted! interesting

I expect they are just reshowing the US final for the bank holiday crowd.

Clearly someone must be showing WTA Brisbane - ESPN seem to have the ATP event. Its only 2 weeks away - and still no news?!

If BT vision has got the WTA premier rights then its worth noting it has a deal with Eurosport to show the Slams on their platform - so its quite possible if BT don’t have their own dedicated channel yet they could allow Eurosport to broadcast the WTA rights for other events until the summer. Seems a fair trade - as its the slams that get the ratings!

Maybe I will just have to sign up to ESPN - which of course won't show any weekend tennis live if it clashes with the footie?!
MARTYM8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #660
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

As ES has 6 hours Live from mens Doha I don't think they can fit in Brisbane WTA?

I can only see on 31/12 they don't show WTA.