News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #631
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Seriously, two weeks to go and no announcement. Exactly what I DIDN'T want. It has to be said though but we're all a bit of flops in this situation too. We're all pissed off but only a couple emailed/tweeted anyone. Any other fanbase would have kicked up a storm. There was more of an outrage about Court's comments earlier in the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #632
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

It means I will not be able to cover WTA so much on my blog
Livestreams are generally awful.
Why the WTA does not offer a TV subscription service is beyond me.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #633
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

still no Broadcaster for Germany
and they will not find one
WTA want to make money, but this way it will be hard to attract Sponsors for tournaments
why should they pay when no one see her name on TV
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #634
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Seriously, two weeks to go and no announcement. Exactly what I DIDN'T want. It has to be said though but we're all a bit of flops in this situation too. We're all pissed off but only a couple emailed/tweeted anyone. Any other fanbase would have kicked up a storm. There was more of an outrage about Court's comments earlier in the year.
Tennis has never had a united fanbase. It's not like home team vs. guest team, but the tournaments are all over the world. It's much harder to organize tennis fans. But I do start to think we should have made A LOT more noise much earlier.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!

Last edited by crazillo : Dec 17th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #635
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Listen, I know you have a hard on for me.

I sincerely hope he does not.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #636
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Just to confirm something I mentioned earlier, Sailing 1 and Sailing 2 on the Sky EPG are definitely the BT Sport channels. That was confirmed nearly a month ago, but if it's already been mentioned here I overlooked it.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #637
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

Looks like livestreams shall be my only source of WTA this season :/
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #638
country flag MARTYM8

MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
What are you complaining about? The WTA does have it all lined up..

http://www.wtatennis.com/tv-schedule

Now the question is, how can receive that mysterious network called TBA?
I was wondering how much the monthly subscription was to the TBA channel - and do I need a special box to receive it?

Seriously two weeks to go and still no confirmed broadcasters for Germany and the UK - two of the biggest nations in Europe with amongst the most fans.

As has been pointed out who is going to sponsor a WTA event which isn't on TV in the biggest markets?
MARTYM8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #639
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
After the big announcements by MCS about theirs buying the rights for WTA in Europe, the schedule has been revealed.
Only 50% of the Hopman Cup covered, and only 2 QF and 1 SF live from Brisbane (all other matches showed delayed): how much of a joke is that?!
I think we should all turn our attention to tennistv.com, but I'm too afraid it's gonna be blocked in France because of MCS having bought the rights for my territory.
Hmmm, that is a poor beginning from MCS. I would think that tennistv.com won't be blocked for you in France (hopefully).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrusca View Post
Just to confirm something I mentioned earlier, Sailing 1 and Sailing 2 on the Sky EPG are definitely the BT Sport channels. That was confirmed nearly a month ago, but if it's already been mentioned here I overlooked it.
A small scrap of good news, though how long we'll have to wait (and what the cost to view will be) is the next question....

Sky have put up their tennis schedule for early 2013. First event? Rotterdam ATP 500 .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12948,00.html

And ESPN are referring to their WTA coverage as "WTA International".

http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/sports-...international/

Last edited by leftyness : Dec 17th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #640
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

I DID email all the Agents and Journalists! I got bashed on here for doing that, as least I have did this!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #641
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

What baffles me the most is supposedly there is a deal already done for the UK. So why on earth has there been no press release, no confirmation who it is with, no nothing. The tour starts in 2 weeks, it's looking heavily likely right now that we're going into Brisbane with nobody showing it. Probably in their minds this is no big miss, because these events are on through the night, and get few viewers.

But really this is just not good for the tour. The majority of people will still think the tour is being shown on Eurosport and have no idea it isn't. And why wouldn't they, when there is no information out there saying otherwise. They have either way overestimated the popularity of the tour or have something big planned imminently.

Really though the only channel that would drum up interest this quickly for them would be Sky Sports, who would put out press releases on Sky Sports News etc, alerting people. Sky are very good at this. If as expected it ends up on BT Vision in a couple of weeks, it's hard to imagine many people will have any idea.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #642
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

Maybe we should bombard WTA on Twitter. This is really ridiculous.
Just like ozza said, most people do not even realize Eurosport lost the broadcasting rights. Heck, I wouldn't know if I weren't on this forum as there was NO announcement. The tour starts in less than 2 weeks now and we still know s**t!

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #643
country flag kaoru-no-kimi

kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What baffles me the most is supposedly there is a deal already done for the UK. So why on earth has there been no press release, no confirmation who it is with, no nothing. The tour starts in 2 weeks, it's looking heavily likely right now that we're going into Brisbane with nobody showing it. Probably in their minds this is no big miss, because these events are on through the night, and get few viewers.

But really this is just not good for the tour. The majority of people will still think the tour is being shown on Eurosport and have no idea it isn't. And why wouldn't they, when there is no information out there saying otherwise. They have either way overestimated the popularity of the tour or have something big planned imminently.

Really though the only channel that would drum up interest this quickly for them would be Sky Sports, who would put out press releases on Sky Sports News etc, alerting people. Sky are very good at this. If as expected it ends up on BT Vision in a couple of weeks, it's hard to imagine many people will have any idea.
By the way it's playing out it seems almost certain that BT Vision have the rights and since they're not launching their sports channels until, I think, summer 2013, there's not too much urgency for them to announce anything yet. There are still quite a few things that aren't fully clear about what BT are doing in general, so I would expect to hear something when exact dates and details of their sports service are released and they're actually starting to advertise their channels.

I don't really understand what petitions and bombarding people with emails will do. In this case, it's BT's (or whoever has the rights) decision that they haven't announced it yet, so the WTA can't do anything.

As for me personally, I only have freeview so I've never been able to watch WTA outside of the slams on TV anyway so I'm not really bothered. Online streaming is ultimately the way forward - in a few years we'll all have smart TVs and be streaming everything anyway. The main issue I can see right now is that the lack of coverage in many European countries is going to make it harder for the WTA to attract a title sponsor, which definitely is a problem.

Last edited by kaoru-no-kimi : Dec 17th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
kaoru-no-kimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #644
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Tennis has never had a unite fanbase. It's not like home team vs. guest team, but the tournaments are all over the world. It's much harder to organize tennis fans. But I do start to think we should have made A LOT more noise much earlier.
Yep. Tennis fans in general (not us diehard fans) are by nature "part-time" or "seasonal" fans. They will wake up during the Grand Slams or when the tournament near their hometown is on, or when their geographical swing i.e. US Hardcourt, European clay, Asian indoor, British grass is on. But the rest of the time tennis won't be high on their to do list. So often it's hard to gauge fan reaction and mobilising the tennis fan base base men or women is just unheard of.

So basically it seems inevitable that a lot of what the WTA are doing is shooting, pitching, prodding etc. in the dark with no real idea of demand/expectations/outcome.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #645
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

So only apparently France and Holland are sorted out for now?

Dutch Sport1 will broadcast 22 top events http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/s...ch_wta_rights/, it's possible to watch the channel online for a subscription fee: http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/s...ch_wta_rights/

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote