News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #616
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Where in Serbia am I supposed to watch WTA tournaments?

Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #617
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYM8 View Post
That is going to be the problem with giving any tennis to ESPN and BT vision in the UK – as they only have one sports channel each and also have football rights. Sky has four channels – and Eurosport have 2 to show coverage on.
ESPN do have 2 available channels, namely ESPN and ESPN Classic, the latter of which does show live tennis from time to time. They should probably rename them ESPN1 and ESPN2.

BT Sport is also likely to have 2 channels. I note that 'Sailing 1' and 'Sailing 2' have appeared in the Sky EPG at 445 and 457.
DanBrusca is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #618
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

So Brisbane International starts in 2 weeks and still no information on tv broadcast. Just amazing WTA.... *frustrated*

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #619
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

After the big announcements by MCS about theirs buying the rights for WTA in Europe, the schedule has been revealed.
Only 50% of the Hopman Cup covered, and only 2 QF and 1 SF live from Brisbane (all other matches showed delayed): how much of a joke is that?!
I think we should all turn our attention to tennistv.com, but I'm too afraid it's gonna be blocked in France because of MCS having bought the rights for my territory.
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #620
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
After the big announcements by MCS about theirs buying the rights for WTA in Europe, the schedule has been revealed.
Only 50% of the Hopman Cup covered, and only 2 QF and 1 SF live from Brisbane (all other matches showed delayed): how much of a joke is that?!
I think we should all turn our attention to tennistv.com, but I'm too afraid it's gonna be blocked in France because of MCS having bought the rights for my territory.
There is your great deal, WTA. Again: Publicity is just as important as money for the association. Such a huge mistake. I think Allester has to step down as CEO because of this MASSIVE fail.

What about a petition?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #621
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

This deal is going to be so damaging for women's tennis, very frustrating. The WTA & perform should go crawling back to Eurosport right now to at least minimize the fallout of this massive fail but we all know that's not going to happen.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #622
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
This deal is going to be so damaging for women's tennis, very frustrating.
How so?
Quote:
The WTA & perform should go crawling back to Eurosport right now to at least minimize the fallout of this massive fail but we all know that's not going to happen.
Kiddies like you?
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #623
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This deal is going to be so damaging for women's tennis, very frustrating. The WTA & perform should go crawling back to Eurosport right now to at least minimize the fallout of this massive fail but we all know that's not going to happen.
Maybe they will rethink their position for 2014.
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #624
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
How so?
Kiddies like you?
Listen, I know you have a hard on for me for some reason but please don't bother, I won't respond to your baiting any longer.

You behave like a five-year old, it's really embarrassing.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #625
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
How so?
If the tour is covered like crap and ratings go terribly down who the hell would want to invest in the tour. I certainly wouldn't, i'd put my money to invest in grandslams then, since they are broadcasted.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #626
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame View Post
If the tour is covered like crap and ratings go terribly down who the hell would want to invest in the tour. .
He knows that, he just wants to annoy me. Don't bother...

Every five-year old can understand that the WTA having no TV presence in several major markets is a disaster, especially if you`re coming from having Europe-wide coverage the years before.

The WTA simply completely overestimated the appeal of their product to broadcasters. Yes, $10 Million per year from Eurosport wasn't all that much but at least it guaranteed almost complete coverage in Europe. Now they have no TV partners in lots of countries and probably end up with less cash as well...the few stations they have announced are hardly big names and probably didn't pay much.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #627
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame View Post
If the tour is covered like crap and ratings go terribly down who the hell would want to invest in the tour. I certainly wouldn't, i'd put my money to invest in grandslams then, since they are broadcasted.
ZOMG world gonna collapse!!!111
players will bring home less cash, they are overpaid anyway so who cares?
Quote:
Dont flatter yourself that much.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #628
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice

Quote:

Now they have no TV partners in lots of countries and probably end up with less cash as well...the few stations they have announced are hardly big names and probably didn't pay much.
This really is a winning formula. No coverage and no money. WTA just rules the TV world. Well at least they are consistent, the new WTA site is also more or less pure crap.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #629
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey Allaster is ruining the WTA. She needs to step down. What will be the Tour be like in 2007?

They won't ever find a sponsor if they don't have TV presence.
Then they have the YEC in Tianjin and that loser tournament in Plovdiv.

What a joke.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #630
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Every five-year old can understand that the WTA having no TV presence in several major markets is a disaster, especially if you`re coming from having Europe-wide coverage the years before.

The WTA simply completely overestimated the appeal of their product to broadcasters. Yes, $10 Million per year from Eurosport wasn't all that much but at least it guaranteed almost complete coverage in Europe. Now they have no TV partners in lots of countries and probably end up with less cash as well...the few stations they have announced are hardly big names and probably didn't pay much.
Yes, but apparently, having no coverage at all is better than having to share the coverage with *gasp* other sports.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote