News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #586
country flag igor7365

igor7365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
If you have an apple device you can use airplay to watch it on tv. For me this is best way of doing it as I don't want to use my laptop to watch matches. Tennistv also has a catchup service.
With Windows it too is possible. The Replay Media Catcher program writes down a stream, and VLC right there loses it on the TV. On the fly, alive.
igor7365 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #587
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

With due respect to those that think watching Tennis on a computer is the way to go that is fine but I do not want to and I will not. If the WTA cannot be bothered arranging a T.V rights deal then it has a serious problem. The ATP and countless other sport organisations can manage so there is no excuse for the WTA.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #588
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

The reason I mentioned Bet365, is they show EXTRA matches. I would rather watch on a tv computer than not seen anything!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #589
country flag Edith09

Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all

Oh, great. I´m from Czech republic and it seems I´m going to watch tennis with bet365 (I´m going to need good glasses soon). I understand that WTA wants money for their product and I would love to pay them, but I won´t buy tennistv when they can´t broadcast in Europe. So give me chance to watch tennis!
All mine
Edith09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #590
country flag PeppeontheNet

PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice

The web-streams were already available along with ES HD coverage. Saying that internet services will reach more people than ever is simply bullshit from the wta
PeppeontheNet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #591
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Not only is bullshit, but I also hate the fact I'll have to watch WTA tournaments on TennisTV instead of watching tennis on my big screen TV -.-
No news about SuperTennis I guess?
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #592
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Not only is bullshit, but I also hate the fact I'll have to watch WTA tournaments on TennisTV instead of watching tennis on my big screen TV -.-
No news about SuperTennis I guess?
You can just buy a really cheap HDMI cable to plug your laptop into your tv to watch it. I personally prefer not to do because I still want to be able to use my laptop but the option is there.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #593
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

I cant believe it is the 9th December and no news, what a mess!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #594
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
With due respect to those that think watching Tennis on a computer is the way to go that is fine but I do not want to and I will not. If the WTA cannot be bothered arranging a T.V rights deal then it has a serious problem. The ATP and countless other sport organisations can manage so there is no excuse for the WTA.
Or blame TV broadcasters not buying the rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
The reason I mentioned Bet365, is they show EXTRA matches. I would rather watch on a tv computer than not seen anything!
The extra coverage bet365 has/had are mostly Internationals and ITF tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edith09 View Post
Oh, great. I´m from Czech republic and it seems I´m going to watch tennis with bet365 (I´m going to need good glasses soon). I understand that WTA wants money for their product and I would love to pay them, but I won´t buy tennistv when they can´t broadcast in Europe. So give me chance to watch tennis!
afaik, Premier tournaments will be available on TennisTV next year in Europe.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #595
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

tejmeglekvár - You may look at it like that but in this case is it Eurosport not wanting the rights or is it the WTA being unable or willing to met Eurosports position?

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #596
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
tejmeglekvár - You may look at it like that but in this case is it Eurosport not wanting the rights or is it the WTA being unable or willing to met Eurosports position?
While we do not know the exact details of the dealings between Eurosport & the WTA(and/or it's representatives in media rights), the existing deal of exclusive European rights both for television and online via Eurosport player was not an option once the WTA entered into a deal with IEC/Perform. Perform are the people behind tennistv.com. What possibly happened is ES were offered the rights at a higher price than before, and they refused to pay. IEC then went seeking other broadcasters, the thinking being they'd secure a higher price from multiple deals. While they may have gotten more money, a lot of Europe will have no tv coverage as of now. Apart from MCS (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Israel) and Sport1 (The Nederlands, forgive me if I have the wrong station name!), has anyone else got coverage? A UK deal seems set, but it's a mystery buyer! The WTA has perhaps over-estimated how attracted broadcasters would be to women's tennis.

If Eurosport wanted to cease tennis coverage, then their coverage of 3 of the 4 majors would end too.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #597
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
While we do not know the exact details of the dealings between Eurosport & the WTA(and/or it's representatives in media rights), the existing deal of exclusive European rights both for television and online via Eurosport player was not an option once the WTA entered into a deal with IEC/Perform. Perform are the people behind tennistv.com. What possibly happened is ES were offered the rights at a higher price than before, and they refused to pay. IEC then went seeking other broadcasters, the thinking being they'd secure a higher price from multiple deals. While they may have gotten more money, a lot of Europe will have no tv coverage as of now. Apart from MCS (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Israel) and Sport1 (The Nederlands, forgive me if I have the wrong station name!), has anyone else got coverage? A UK deal seems set, but it's a mystery buyer! The WTA has perhaps over-estimated how attracted broadcasters would be to women's tennis.

If Eurosport wanted to cease tennis coverage, then their coverage of 3 of the 4 majors would end too.
You got the name right and coverage in the Netherlands will probably improve, Sport 1 does a very good job covering ATP and will probably do the same for WTA seeing how they're already busy advertising events in January . But i agree with many here that WTA took a lot of risk going this way possibly losing TV coverage in other European countries.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #598
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Will ES have coverage from Paris Indoors? (With logo on here...)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #599
country flag fnc

fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
You got the name right and coverage in the Netherlands will probably improve, Sport 1 does a very good job covering ATP and will probably do the same for WTA seeing how they're already busy advertising events in January . But i agree with many here that WTA took a lot of risk going this way possibly losing TV coverage in other European countries.
Where is it that you see those adds where they are promoting WTA events on Sport1? I have yet to come across any information about their coverage. I still have my doubts about Sport1 when it comes to weeks when there are both ATP and WTA tournaments. Last year during their Wimbledon coverage I was appalled by their complete disrespect during the commentary of the womens matches.
fnc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #600
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Paris, maybe Eurosport France as national broadcaster?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote