News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #556
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Exactly. The WTA's problem is that people don't care enough to begin with in some markets (like Germany)...so why would anybody care about people not caring?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #557
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
100% incorrect? So when I look on Skysports.com for live tennis listings I see this. Now, sure, I do recall they've shown that exo in prior years (and might well do so again), but obviously you have that scoop.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12948,00.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is just an error/not properly updated from them. Unless they have changed their schedule (seems unlikely). They advertised showing Abu Dhabi at least a couple of times during WTF from 27th December. The fact Murray is playing it, it seems unlikely they would have changed their minds. And they've shown this
event for several years anyway.

Also with regard to the matter in hand, and in the UK. Is it not surprising that their seems to be an apparent deal in the UK, but such a deal is not being advertised. If it was BT Vision as seems to be the general consensus, you'd think they'd least advertise as such given it's not like everyone already has access to it. The lack of any sort of press release anywhere really seems strange when you consider the season is 1 month away.

Last edited by ozza : Nov 29th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #558
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

With 1 month to go and mainly only coverage in french speaking countries known, will we get WTA coverage with only english speaking comments... Like we get for ATP coverage in Denmark?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #559
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
With 1 month to go and mainly only coverage in french speaking countries known, will we get WTA coverage with only english speaking comments... Like we get for ATP coverage in Denmark?
They would have to have lost the plot for this not to be the case.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #560
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This is 100% incorrect though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This is just an error/not properly updated from them. Unless they have changed their schedule (seems unlikely).
"Unlikely" equates to what percentage figure? Not that an ATP exo is foremost on my mind.

WTF= ATP World Tour Finals, yes? I'll cheerfully admit I watched very little of it on Sky, so I'll take your word for it on those promos.

Anyway, that's enough for me.

Last edited by leftyness : Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #561
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

C More send me info about movies to come but no info about Tennis coverage and me never watch any movies...

I reply back and ask about tennis, I hope to get any info soon!

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #562
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

I got a reply from Danish C More...

I asked "Will Canal 8 or C More Tennis show WTA Premier tennis next year?"

Quote:
Hej Jørn

Tak for din mail. Vi kommer ikke til at vise WTA tennis næste år.

No, C More Tennis won't show WTA tennis next year.

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #563
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

But who will show WTA Brisbane?

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #564
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
Tennis on ESPN in UK

27 Dec - 8:00pm MUBADALA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
28 Dec - 7:00pm MUBADALA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
29 Dec - 9:30pm MUBADALA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
31 Dec - 11:15am MUBADALA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
4 Jan - 8:45am TENNIS: WTA: SHENZHEN OPEN
4 Jan - 10:45am TENNIS: WTA: SHENZHEN OPEN
4 Jan - 2:00pm TENNIS: ATP 250 SERIES: BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL
4 Jan - 4:00pm TENNIS: ATP 250 SERIES: BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL
5 Jan - 3:00pm TENNIS - ATP 250 SERIES
5 Jan - 5:00pm TENNIS - ATP 250 SERIES
Is ESPN UK on sky do you know? (If so what channel?) Thanks!
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM   #565
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian1092 View Post
Is ESPN UK on sky do you know? (If so what channel?) Thanks!
ESPN HD - Channel 417
ESPN - Channel 433
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM   #566
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrusca View Post
I just emailed Daniel Franck, Joint COO of IEC In Sport to ask what the situation is with UK broadcast rights. Wasn't really expecting a reply, but got one straight away!

Quote:
Dear Dan,

Thanks for your mail. Yes there will a broadcaster in the uk airing the wta but we can't tell you which one until the channel decides to do a press release about it.

Cheers,

Daniel
Got pretty much the same reply.

Quote:

Dear Sirs,

I am emailing you to find out if you have any firm news regarding a broadcast partner for WTA Premier events for Ireland and Great Britain for 2013 and beyond. With the 2013 season less than four weeks away, some positive developments would be most welcome. I am aware that tennistv.com will be providing online coverage, but I would like to have the option of television viewing as well.

Best wishes

Dear Kieran,

Yes, there is a broadcaster confirmed for next year but which one will be released when the channel decides to do a press release.

Best regards

Daniel
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #567
country flag fnc

fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
Someone said earlier in this thread that Eurosport have trailed it in 2013
It did appear in some TV shedules that British ES would show it. But it has since then been removed from the schedule.
fnc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #568
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

How much does ESPN cost in the UK, as it is an extra? I can't find any listings on the ESPN website saying they are covering the China Event, is this because Laura is playing there?
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #569
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
How much does ESPN cost in the UK, as it is an extra? I can't find any listings on the ESPN website saying they are covering the China Event, is this because Laura is playing there?
I believe the BSkyB site shows the ESPN schedule but only for a few weeks ahead.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #570
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still annoyed over this! JUST

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote