News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #511
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
First they had 5 or 6 matches from Brisbane, now 16 and starts from day 2. So they may add more matches in other tournaments...

and it may be tennistv or nothing...
Now it says 19. Thats why it was pointless bitching here even months ago when clearly most of those numbers just placeholders.
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #512
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

Well that is much better 19 matches, last year on Bet365, they covered two courts from Brisbane! Bet365, if you have to pay 5 into your account and then that is it. They have the best coverage, just a shame it is online!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #513
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I still think this is a HUGE mistake by the WTA. Even if new and interesting rivalries are going to spice up the tour in the coming years, nobody except hardcore fans will take much notice from it.

Publicity is just as important as money, and Europe being one of the core markets for tennis (both historical as well as just because of the sheer amount of player from the region) will be cut off. That's just a huge blow.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!

Last edited by crazillo : Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #514
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
Chrissie-fan, as you seem to have used tennistv, what is the catch-up service like? I did take a look around the time of Basel and Paris ATP events, and it seemed that full matches were only posted up hours after the live match ended, and always with a picture of the winner.

On another topic, credit to them for saying how many matches they cover at each event, but there's a lot of variation. Rome gets 26 matches, Madrid gets only 13!!
I have never noticed it about the "catch up" because I always know the result before I watch . But I took a look, they still have all the matches of the ATP YEC, it doesn't seem to be a pattern. Sometimes it is even a picture of the two players
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #515
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

I can't believe Eurosport are just letting this go. Funny as the announcement was due at the end of October! I think something is going downnnnnnnnnnnnn

Last edited by Spice : Nov 25th, 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #516
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The most risky thing when you don't watch live is to go to the page of live matches, because there might be things on there like:

"Tommorow starting from 14.00
Maria Sharapova vs Caroline Wozniacki
followed by
Petra Kvitova vs Li Na"

So when you see that before you go to "catch-up" you already know that those players won their matches. So it's best not to look at that and to immediately click on "catch-up." Sometimes (but not always) they also put all the matches from a particular days play at a tournament together. So if you like to see a particular player and her match was the last one you have to plow through five or six hours of play to get to that. Not a major problem because you can fast forward to wherever you want to get to. In my experience matches end up pretty quickly in catch-up once the're done, but there might be exceptions. I didn't notice them always putting up the picture of the winner either. Usually they choose an action picture or a picture of the bigger star of the two.
Sounds mostly good so. Thanks for the info.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #517
country flag Spice

So if Brisbane is 19 matches.

It is the same as last year.

Monday - Wednesday 12 matches!

Thursday - Quarter finals - 4 matches

Friday - Semi finals - 2 matches

Sat - Final - 1 match
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #518
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry if this has been answered but I've tried to scroll through and can't find it...

For us Australian viewers, who have Foxtel, does that mean that there will be no womens tennis available to us in Australia next year? Because, if there's no WTA at all, it would really make me question where I keep PayTV or not.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up....
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #519
country flag Spice

Hi Martinafan, there will always be free live streaming I would imagine on the internet on the websites
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #520
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I still think this is a HUGE mistake by the WTA. Even if new and interesting rivalries are going to spice up the tour in the coming years, nobody except hardcore fans will take much notice from it.

Publicitiy is just as important as money, and Europe being one of the core markets for tennis (both historical as well as just because of the sheer amount of player from the region) will be cut off. That's just a huge blow.
Agree 100 %

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #521
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney with International broadcast from Show Court 1

New for 2013 will be the international broadcast of WTA matches from Show Court 1. Plans are underway for a five-camera broadcast on Show Court 1, which will be beamed around the globe by WTA broadcaster Perform. The court will be dressed to resemble Ken Rosewall Arena, has a seating capacity of 1200 and is accessed with a $14.90 ground pass ticket.

The agreement covers all 22 Premier WTA events globally and is expected to double the exposure of women’s tennis. Tournament Director Watson acknowledges the benefit the added exposure will provide the Sydney event and its partners.

“We are delighted to benefit from the new WTA agreement and expand our international broadcast coverage to include up to 15 additional matches on Show Court 1,” Watson said. “The calibre of matches scheduled on Show Court 1 is extremely high and the broadcast will add to the excitement and intensity out there for fans,“ Watson added.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #522
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinafan View Post
sorry if this has been answered but I've tried to scroll through and can't find it...

For us Australian viewers, who have Foxtel, does that mean that there will be no womens tennis available to us in Australia next year? Because, if there's no WTA at all, it would really make me question where I keep PayTV or not.

This is a question I would like answered, Foxtel does have ESPN but it doesn't show the WTA, Fox Sports occasionally shows the WTA but only occasionally and with the bloke going solo.

Yes there is free live streaming but one of the points to Pay TV is the ability to watch sport and the WTA is a major sport.

Hopefully commonsense prevails and the WTA stays live only on Eurosports.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #523
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinafan View Post

Still no anwser yet and it looks like that we won't know until next season (most likely after the Aussie summer, since the first few events are on FTA anyway).

Fox Sports have had rights of semis and finals of all the WTA premier events the last couple of years so at minimum we should get that. Looks like the WTA are expanding their coverage though, making it more like the ATP world feed coverage with these annoucements of mroe matches and mroe courts being shown so the hope is Fox Sports picks this up but there is just no anwser from the WTA yet. I would be very surprised if Eurosport shows any Premier tennis since the International channel we get is mainly what the Europeans get and since they aren't showing it anymore, should mean the same for us.

In other words, get onto Fox Sports wanting more WTA coverage!

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #524
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post

Publicitiy is just as important as money, and Europe being one of the core markets for tennis (both historical as well as just because of the sheer amount of player from the region) will be cut off. That's just a huge blow.
This.

I think this will be a huge blow to women's tennis. It will get buried and become an even poorer cousin of the mens.

Increasing publicity, profile and viewers should have been the aim.

Oh well, it's official, tennis really is the ATP.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #525
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

The Brisbane coverage which was in the British Eurosport coverage on 31st December has now disappeared.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote