News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #391
country flag darkboy

darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

It's sad actually :/

It will be hard to find another interested broadcaster here in Greece...
Maybe "novasports" could get the rights of the premier events like they do with ATP1000. It would be nice if they actually do it cause they have 7 channels and they would show all of the matches available.
darkboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #392
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

It was sadly apt that British ES began their build-up to the singles final today with a montage set to "Skyfall".
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #393
country flag xzchief

xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBabyTennis View Post
It's amazing that Stacey doesn't get we'd so pay for Tennis TV if they actually showed women's tennis. How many people really give a damn if early round matches have commentators? Just have someone to keep score FFS, and we're happy. You can't tell me this costs more than we're all willing to pay to get it. Stupid cow.
I don't believe this statement for a second. I believe most people would hope someone else pays for a subscription then creates a stream so they can watch for free. If the stream quality isn't as good as their TV stations, they'll whine about it because it's who they are and what they do.
xzchief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #394
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
It's sad actually :/

It will be hard to find another interested broadcaster here in Greece...
Maybe "novasports" could get the rights of the premier events like they do with ATP1000. It would be nice if they actually do it cause they have 7 channels and they would show all of the matches available.
Yes, I don't know what greek broadcaster could get the rights.
There's also otesport which is broadcasting ATP 500 and ATP 250 but I can't see them being interested in the whole WTA rights. Nova could do it but I still doubt it very much.

Eurosport was perfect.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #395
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

Here in Macedonia i only had ES.Now i have nothing but memories
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #396
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena_Williams_ View Post
Can you catch Sport KLub maybe ?
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #397
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena_Williams_ View Post
You must catch SportKlub?
I watched it on a 30 year old TV in Bitola this summer.
Bi trebalo da go fajkash.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #398
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

^
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #399
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Nordic countries there are no news, so in Denmark we may only get to see Caro's matches... But we won't miss more then Brisbane and Sydney, before ES shows AO...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #400
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just praying that Arena doesn't buy the rights for Serbia. Although I'm sure they will, as they seem to get everything I'm interested in, and they're not available on my cable TV.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #401
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

So did the WTA dump ES or is it the other way around ?

Last edited by LightWarrior : Oct 29th, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
LightWarrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #402
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Perhaps it was mutual. Maybe WTA asked for more money than ES was willing to give, while ES saw that women's U21 football has higher ratings than WTA?
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #403
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
I'm just praying that Arena doesn't buy the rights for Serbia. Although I'm sure they will, as they seem to get everything I'm interested in, and they're not available on my cable TV.
Please no Arena

I think SportKlub will buy rights, they have few channels so there is space for WTA. I remember that their commentator said few times long ago that there is interest on their side to show more WTA matches but they can not get rights (because ES)...
This week they will show MM Sofia + ATP Masters 1000 Paris

Last edited by -NAJ- : Oct 29th, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #404
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
Perhaps it was mutual. Maybe WTA asked for more money than ES was willing to give, while ES saw that women's U21 football has higher ratings than WTA?
There's been a lot of women's football on ES lately indeed. God that is painful to watch...
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #405
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
I'd be suprised if it was ES who wanted rid of the WTA. ES hasn't much in the way of mainstream live sports besides WTA (cycling tours and one-day classics, wintersports). ES gave the WTA access to the entire continent, though I'd imagine they didn't/couldn't pay much to the WTA. I'm shocked how Stacey Allaster can announce the ending of the partnership with ES while fans across Europe haven't a clue what coverage they'll be getting in 2013. Plus, how do they plan to attract a new main sponsor to replace Sony with no tv access across most of Europe?

All we can do is wait....

Last edited by leftyness : Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote