News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #361
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
Not unexpected but still it's sad that today will mark the end of the WTA/ES era. 14 years of tennis on ES. Perhaps ES will pick up some of the smaller tournaments next year. Unless they can put together a proper schedule of tennis it won't receive any priority scheduling wise. The grand slam coverage on ES for the last years favored the ATP matches.

In the presentation it was mentioned that there will be increased coverage next year, multiple courts at bigger events etc. Sadly this will be on subscription channels and tennistv.com. Looking at the tennistv.com schedule only the international events will be available here in the Netherlands. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come, sport1 will show the tournament of champions next week. But only the semi finals and final.
Most likely that will change when Eurosport contract runs out (probably after Dec 31.), and tennistv will replace EurosportPlayer.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #362
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

RIP WTA.Someone needs to fire this bitch right away.She thinks only sbout the money.Gosh i am actually crying because there will no longer be tennis on ES.For the past years it was like literally the only channel i watched...Gosh...Great move Stacey...Hope you are satisfied with reaching new lows...
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #363
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
2014 YEC in Kazan, Mexico City, Singapore or Tianjin.

2014 WTA champs will have a longer week, starting on Monday and 8 doubles teams (round robin).

Premier tournaments will have at least 2 TV courts.

WTA will continue to expand in Asia Pacific region, especially in China. They want to have 2 WTA 125 events in China next year.
What are "125 events"? New form of ITFs?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #364
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not unexpected but still it's sad that today will mark the end of the WTA/ES era. 14 years of tennis on ES. Perhaps ES will pick up some of the smaller tournaments next year. Unless they can put together a proper schedule of tennis it won't receive any priority scheduling wise. The grand slam coverage on ES for the last years favored the ATP matches.

In the presentation it was mentioned that there will be increased coverage next year, multiple courts at bigger events etc. Sadly this will be on subscription channels and tennistv.com. Looking at the tennistv.com schedule only the international events will be available here in the Netherlands. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come, sport1 will show the tournament of champions next week. But only the semi finals and final.
Perhaps that b/c Sport1 will broadcast all WTA premier tournaments next year?
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #365
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
What are "125 events"? New form of ITFs?
The ones that were initially called WTA challengers (with 125k prize money). There´s one in Taipei right now and another in India a week after.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #366
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
Kazan? Russia deserve a big tournament, me thinks Kazan will be chosen
Yeah, but i hope they give Istanbul a tournament of Premier status they deserve it. maybe take out Moscow and give it to Istanbul.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #367
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

God i apart from ES i dont have another tennis channel How will i watch tennis on TV?!?!?!
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #368
country flag fnc

fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light fnc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin. View Post
Perhaps that b/c Sport1 will broadcast all WTA premier tournaments next year?
That might very well have something to do with it, if they also bought those rights. At the moment I still have doubts about the level of commitment from sport1, will be interesting to see what the schedule will look like come January.
fnc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #369
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
The ones that were initially called WTA challengers (with 125k prize money). There´s one in Taipei right now and another in India a week after.
Thanks!
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #370
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That might very well have something to do with it, if they also bought those rights. At the moment I still have doubts about the level of commitment from sport1, will be interesting to see what the schedule will look like come January.
I have the same doubts. They still have ATP rights too, and I have a feeling I know what they will favour.
Will probably get a subscription anyway though.

I'm pretty sure tv coverage for WTA will go down in 2013 compared to 2012, no matter what kind of new deals will be announced in the next 2 months.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #371
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

This is the worst move Allester could have done. But the initial news I had posted sadly became truth. I wish I was wrong.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #372
country flag SantaBabyTennis

SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold

Somehow I think the lack of WTA coverage is Stacey's fault, not the networks, but then again she's made so many bonehead, dumb ass decisions, it's hard not to. The WTA is actually rolling in money, but she seems amazingly unwilling to spend it to promote the sport in any real way.

On Tennis Channel, there's a show called ATP World Tour Uncovered, which is a great weekly wrap-up of the Tour. There is no WTA counterpart. A lot of people who watch Tennis Channel believe it's because TC is sexist. It's not. ATP actually pays for that show. It's also why there is so little coverage of WTA events compared to ATP events. Tennis Channel only actually provides commentators until later rounds. The ATP has someone on-site that does all the graphics (including player and match stats) for the broadcast. The WTA doesn't. It's also why you can watch early rounds of an ATP 250, but you can't watch the early rounds of a WTA Premier Mandatory, on Tennis Channel. The CEO of the ATP recognizes that television broadcasting is a major means of promoting his product, even if in some markets or on some networks it actually costs ATP money. WTA doesn't get that. It's worth it to pay for graphics and stats that come to Tennis Channel with a live feed for the commentators to get the coverage.
SantaBabyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #373
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

"Larry Scott needs fired".
"Its all Stacey Allasters fault".
Whoever is next, s/he cant do good.

bunch of crybabies.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #374
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Punished myself and watched horrible presentation by Allaser, only thing i didn't get is PERFOM deal, so they made new deal to show more\better coverage of WTA on TennisTV or what? Did they planning to lift lockout of WTA events in Europe?
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #375
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
"Larry Scott needs fired".
"Its all Stacey Allasters fault".
Whoever is next, s/he cant do good.

bunch of crybabies.
Oh yeah, Allaster has been great. Sending the WTA into some obscure TV-channels with 20 viewers or into channels that show ATP 1000 events.

I'm actually starting to think Eurosport dropped WTA and wants to try for some ATP stuff in the future.

It will be interesting to hear what the different ES commentators say today. Keep your ears open if they even touch the subject.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote