News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #211
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

No news yet, I will try write him... or can somebody call him?

PR-koordinator Tom Nielsen

tom.nielsen@canalplus.dk

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums

Last edited by Jorn : Sep 17th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #212
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Han er p orlov vi m prve en anden...

A dane just wrote me www.eb.dk tomorrow will possible have som news...

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #213
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

eb.dk skriver at ES har givet et bud men for lidt... Caroline kommer nppe p ES next year og sandsyneligvis fr ES ikke rettighederne, s intet er sikker...

ES has made a bit for the WTA Rights but won't pay what it now cost...

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #214
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

You what??? Thats terrible news. I watch loads of tennis on eurosport.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #215
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1828471.ece

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #216
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

The same news was in Ekstra Bladet Denmark. They may sell the rights on a country-by-country basis like the ATP.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #217
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice

What does the article say? Eurosport has made one bid, and now they have made another, but they are not prepared to pay more? Or is that there's one bid still in consideration? They are waiting or this is the definite answer? I still think the WTA is being very creedy. ATP rights are up for crabs in one year and I don't think any good network will pay anything special.

DokDi, now you should tweet that guy from Eurosport Sweden and ask if they have any plan B and if they are gonna at least show some smaller events? It would be awful if there wouldn't be any tennis on Eurosport. Ok, the Slams but more is always better in this case.

Last edited by Hedberg : Sep 18th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #218
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Hedberg, Can't you read danish?

Yes it said ES had made a bid, but unlikely they will raise the bid.

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #219
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice

When I opened it, I got some kind of weird looking mash-up in front of me. Saw only bits and pieces here and there.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #220
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

I loved the title and opening line as per google translate.

Quote:
Caroline disappears from Danish TV screens

There is a very imminent danger that Caroline Wozniacki will soon disappear from the Danish television screens.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #221
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

It's better to sell cheaper to a well-know broadcaster than get a lot of of money for obscure TV stations that nobody have access to.

Stacey Allaster is ruining the sport.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #222
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
If because that paper don't know a danish TV station will show Caroline's matches, still...

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #223
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
If because that paper don't know a danish TV station will show Caroline's matches, still...
I mean no slight on Caroline, it's just the emotive angle "Fellow Danes, our beloved Caro may vanish from our screens (except for slams)".

Lord knows plenty around here are emotional about 2013 tv coverage too!
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #224
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

This is heartbreaking news
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, Lord, if its really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.
29 Yes, come, Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #225
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

http://brl-tv.blog.leparisien.fr/arc...arrive-en.html

interesting parts translated into English:

MCS Tennis: first European TV channel 100% tennis.
The channel has a contract with the WTA Tour to broadcast 22 live tennis events per season for 4 seasons + 15 ATP 250 tournaments.
In addition to being available in France, MCS Tennis will be available in 50 countries, including Portugal, Israel, Belgium and French-speaking parts of Africa. This wish of international development will be translated into the launching of 4 international versions, including one in English.

As far as France is concerned, news are confirmed:
France Tlvisions will broadcast the French Open, the Monte-Carlo Open ATP 1000, Fed Cup/Davis Cup matches of French teams.
Canal+ and Sport+ will broadcast 8 ATP 250 tournaments, 8 WTA International tournaments, 75% of ATP 500 tournaments, and all ATP 1000 tournaments. Canal+ also has the rights for Wimbledon.
Eurosport has the rights for the Australian, the French and the US Opens.
TT WTA Titles Singles '09 Fes '10 Strasbourg '11 Palermo, US Open, Linz, Phoenix '13 Alphen Aan Den Rijn Doubles '07 Fes, Forest Hills, Luxembourg '08 Amelia Island, Rome '09 Barcelona, Tashkent, Prerov '10 Memphis, Moscow '11 Australian Open, Bastad, Phoenix '12 Paris '13 Sydney, Taipei, Merida '14 Andrezieux-Boutheon, Pelham
Finals Singles '08 Sydney, New Haven '09 Monterrey '10 Wimbledon, Rio de Janeiro '11 Nantes Doubles '08 Sydney, Miami, Moscow '09 Estoril, Nottingham, Bratislava '10 Eastbourne, Stanford, US Open, Minsk, Antalya '12 Montreal '13 Pelham, Waterloo, Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Bertioga '14 Wimbledon
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote