US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread) Tate Stevens is the winner, See you all for S3 - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #706
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.P View Post
David Cook and Jordin Sparks first ALBUM have gone to 1 million sales
1 million albums compared to the "millions" of people watching idol and voting?? and then a second album that doesn't even break 200K??? meaning that in 5 years, neither of them have managed to sell 1.5 mil copies of 2 albums?? taylor swift sells that in about a week or 2

i can see how that makes the winner of these shows guaranteed success

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #707
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
I said more likely, doesn't mean they will for sure, but they have better chances to do well than someone who would have been dragged in that spot by the producers. Of course you need a good team behind you, winning the show doesn't guarantee you a platinum album. All I'm saying is that if the producers rigged the results and put someone in the final or eliminate someone else only for shock value and "ratings" people will get bored of voting and they will stop watching the show altogether and that potential winner that nobody really wanted there won't even sell albums. I mean if you can't get enough votes to make it far in a show your chances to release a successful album are really slim. The producers will end up with poor ratings and poor album sales...
and people have gotten the votes to win/go far and STILL get poor album sales... there was a rumour going around that voting was rigged when Kris Allen won over Adam Lambert - hasn't mattered to either of their sales Lee DeWyze won and got dropped; Fantasia over the span of 8 years has about 2.8 mil in album sales; Ruben has 2.6 mil over 9 years and taylor hicks 760K in 6 years

eg: producers can rig it if they want to make sure Carly gets the 5mil contract cause she may have a better image for endorsements (Nivea, Cover Girl whatever)- and with their usually onerous contracts they'd probably own her image (which they can tweak as they like given her age much like L.A did with Rihanna) and make a good portion of whatever she makes from things outside of album sales as well...Tate, in their opinion, probably won't be any good to them outside of album sales so with a chance that he flops, they don't get nearly as much money back in their pockets (sort of like Lee DeWyze)

OR you can turn it around: make Tate "win" the 5mil contract because with his country team he has a set market so you figure he'll get some good album sales, unlike Carly who you now have to try to break into mainstream and see how people respond to different styles from her (again, like what L.A had to do for Rihanna)

the shows will continue to get ratings and voters simply because it's the in thing for reality tv but at the end of the day these people think about how to get the money into their pockets from each player left in the game...

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #708
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
and people have gotten the votes to win/go far and STILL get poor album sales... there was a rumour going around that voting was rigged when Kris Allen won over Adam Lambert - hasn't mattered to either of their sales Lee DeWyze won and got dropped; Fantasia over the span of 8 years has about 2.8 mil in album sales; Ruben has 2.6 mil over 9 years and taylor hicks 760K in 6 years

eg: producers can rig it if they want to make sure Carly gets the 5mil contract cause she may have a better image for endorsements (Nivea, Cover Girl whatever)- and with their usually onerous contracts they'd probably own her image (which they can tweak as they like given her age much like L.A did with Rihanna) and make a good portion of whatever she makes from things outside of album sales as well...Tate, in their opinion, probably won't be any good to them outside of album sales so with a chance that he flops, they don't get nearly as much money back in their pockets (sort of like Lee DeWyze)

OR you can turn it around: make Tate "win" the 5mil contract because with his country team he has a set market so you figure he'll get some good album sales, unlike Carly who you now have to try to break into mainstream and see how people respond to different styles from her (again, like what L.A had to do for Rihanna)

the shows will continue to get ratings and voters simply because it's the in thing for reality tv but at the end of the day these people think about how to get the money into their pockets from each player left in the game...
Once again lol....They have better chance at being successful after the show if they were the ones who got plenty of votes. BETTER chance, not certainty nor guarantee. Just better chances. You can pull all the numbers you want about failed winners, it doesn't mean anything cuz I've never said a winner was guaranteed success. Personally I doubt they rig any votes, it's probably only bitter fans who make up all those big conspiracies lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #709
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 million albums compared to the "millions" of people watching idol and voting?? and then a second album that doesn't even break 200K??? meaning that in 5 years, neither of them have managed to sell 1.5 mil copies of 2 albums?? taylor swift sells that in about a week or 2

i can see how that makes the winner of these shows guaranteed success
what a different, what do you expect from a reality show star? since you win it you are only be current for a year, since then you have promo you butt off just like Taylor Swift did, How many performance and TV show she get on in 2 weeks, you just can't count them, and those American Idol winner don't even got the support like Taylor Swift did, when did you see Sony Music did the same favor for any Idol winner??? once Kelly was fighting a lot agaist them, they don't even promo her 2nd single, and let the album died. that's why Arvil Lavigne left RCA too.Sony Music only care about their biggest star, they are LAZY/STUPID to always did nothing for their artists, and you just can't use Taylor Swift in those example, Taylor Swift definitely want success to do POP music nowaday to get bigger success, and her record company are honnor to do their ass of to make sure she is the biggest star on the planet.

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Peng Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Garcia Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #710
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
really???

how well did Taylor Hicks sell??? how well did Ruben sell?? David Cook? Jordin Sparks?? Kris Allen?? Dewyze or Bowersox? these singing shows have long become about who has the biggest voting base and not necessarily who people will buy afterwards, or else album sales for these people should be wayyyyy better given the amount of viewers the show averages in an entire season, and the amount of votes that are actually cast (both figures usually given in the millions by Idol)...

outside of Carrie, Kelly and Daughtry, based on the figures given by Idol, a lot of the people from Idol (winners, RUP, shock elimination you name it) have had so-so sales...some people have barely gone over 1 - 1.5 mil in total album sales for 2 or more albums over the course of a few years winning doesn't guarantee people will buy your album - a good team behind you or being suchathief or pondeforehead always having a song on the radio so you can't not hear her gets you the sales
It's how you define success - these types of shows have created only a few true international superstars with flourishing careers. But you can only depend on the show for your first single/album/era. Taylor Hicks, Ruben, Cook, Kris, and Jordin all had decent first singles or albums. Dewyze and Bowersox as a season was definitely the low point. But comparing these acts to someone like Taylor Swift is not the right way to look at it. Taylor Swift is an anomaly, a standout, not in line with actual industry expectations of acts. Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Ke$ha have had shit album sales, and continues to have shit album sales, relative to their success on radio and they have immense teams, tours, and promo behind them.

I think you seriously are overinflating what success means to these idols - people go into this show with dreams of being an star, but plenty will settle to be able to live very comfortably doing what they love - singing and performing. Taylor has been on national tours with broadway shows, and has had a residence in his own Las Vegas show. Fantasia is critically respected and regarded in the R&B industry. Kat McPhee is on TV, Jordin has had successful singles and a movie. We know the Jennifer Hudson story, Diana Degarmo has been well received on broadway, Ace Young has parlayed his experience into a presenting gig, Chris Richardson and Blake are producing and contributing to other artists, and the list of Christian, Gospel, and Country music careers that have started from Idol can go on for a while.

To judge the lack of success from Idol and other reality shows based on voting figures vs. eventual sales is just a terrible way to understand what these shows can do to change lives.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #711
country flag King Of Tennis

King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of

tonight is semifinal..

Emblem3 please go home

Akiko Morigami I miss you!

Kurumi Nara-Misaki Doi-Junri Namigata
King Of Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #712
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

I've set my DVR to record this trainwreck for once.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #713
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

This opening has gotten me hyped
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #714
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

boring song choice for Carly. Britney

Also Carly's mom scares me.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #715
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she did amazing
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #716
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

God they have such annoying voices. Go home already.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #717
LeRoy.

BORING songs by all the three acts thus far. Their (EMBLEM 3's) lame "moves" are grating on my last nerve.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #718
country flag King Of Tennis

King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of

Emblem3 sucks

and all those screms from the audience

Akiko Morigami I miss you!

Kurumi Nara-Misaki Doi-Junri Namigata
King Of Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #719
LeRoy.

Really ? all the judges creaming their pants over that terrible performance ? X Factor (USA) will always be a flop.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #720
country flag Barktra
Allez

Fifth harmony doing ellie