US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread) Tate Stevens is the winner, See you all for S3 - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #511
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
Watched Emblem3 and I agree with Demi actually with wanting them to play instruments and do something different. But of course Simon was so rude saying "I've sold over 300 million records sweetheart"..

Like we all know you're good Simon, but that was very arrogant to say the least

demi has been giving lip from day 1 acting like she's this huge talent who has sold millions upon millions and acting like simon doesn't know what he's talking about...as i kept saying: 1 direction...

i was waiting for simon to finally fill her in on HIS status so she'd stop running her mouth ESPECIALLY given how atrocious paige AND cece sound
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #512
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Fifth Harmony, Diamond, CeCe, and Paige are all in trouble tomorrow... the other 4 are clearly safe.

My prediction is that Paige will be the instant elimination and Diamond/CeCe will be in the final 2 with CeCe finally going home.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fifth Harmony leaves either. They were boring tonight... and only that really safe group (Tate, Vino, Carly, and E3) are allowed to be boring at this point.

I hope the rankings shake up a bit though. It would be fun to see E3 near the bottom!
5th harmony were boring but i think they showed the grandpa bit so as to get some sympathy votes for the "girl with death sings song about being stronger" bla bla bla...
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #513
ElusiveChanteuse
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 80,328
ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

I actually love how Carly managed the song until the beat comes in, which turned the performance to somehow a mess (arrangement wise).
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #514
country flag M.P
Senior Member
 
M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 45,367
M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

HATE E3, they look so stupid and arrogent
__________________
ELENA DEMENTIEVA & LI NA
ZhengJie ZhuLin Jankovic Ivanovic Kvitova Djokovic

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Peng Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Tian XuSL Liu


Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Garcia Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #515
country flag Vincey!
Senior Member
 
Vincey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where Henin is still ret.
Posts: 16,537
Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
demi has been giving lip from day 1 acting like she's this huge talent who has sold millions upon millions and acting like simon doesn't know what he's talking about...as i kept saying: 1 direction...

i was waiting for simon to finally fill her in on HIS status so she'd stop running her mouth ESPECIALLY given how atrocious paige AND cece sound
Nah I don't think Demi means it as she is famous and sold millions of album...I think her argument over Simon is that she's young and current. Which is still irrelevant cuz we all know that Simon is selling millions of albums to whoever he wants, young or old. I agree with her on some point tho, it's getting a bit boring with Emblem 3 using catchy song like that. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the type of song they'd put on an album.
__________________
Wozniak~ElTabakh ~Marino~Eugenie Bouchard...and the other Canucks!
Maria Sharapova~Anna Chakvetadze~Jelena Dokic~Laura Robson ~Sabine Lisicki


"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #516
LeRoy.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 15,934
LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Who is voting for Vino ? He needs to go ASAP. Great voice, but the rest isn't there.

Diamond - Great Talent but this is not her time.

Tate- After hearing his song again, i think he did really well. He may turn out to be a country music star someday. Too bad I am not into country music.

Carly- Heard the song over and over again. I might like it more than Adele's version. Should she perform one pure pop song ? If i were Britney I'd start working on such a song a couple of weeks before the actual performance because she needs to rehearse. At this stage its her competition to lose. While she does seem like a very genuine person, I think she needs to develop a stronger personality.

Cece - Tries too hard and just doesn't have the voice. In her head she thinks she is some Xtina/Ke$ha hybrid but she is not. Needs to leave ASAP. Today would be great.

Paige- Thank God someone gave her some makeup tips because she used to paint herself too light and it looked severe almost drag-queenesque. I liked her performance last night but do we really need a Rihanna-lite with no personality ? Needs to leave in the next week or two.

Fifth Harmony- They just don't work for me as a group. I think there are three good singers and the other two need to be put away. All their performances have been OK. No WOW factor. I think a three member group would have been better. While I hope they don't leave today they are not going to be there for long.

Emblem 3- I don't like their personalities. Good looking guys with average voices who could be relevant for a year or two but nothing beyond. Third best chance of winning this competition.

Two that leave today ? - Hope its Cece and Vino but it will probably be Cece and Fifth Harmony.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #517
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Nah I don't think Demi means it as she is famous and sold millions of album...I think her argument over Simon is that she's young and current. Which is still irrelevant cuz we all know that Simon is selling millions of albums to whoever he wants, young or old. I agree with her on some point tho, it's getting a bit boring with Emblem 3 using catchy song like that. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the type of song they'd put on an album.
debatable since i had to go google her when she was announced as a judge and i can't think of one song of hers that i know about...at least people who are current should be highly publicised (hate them or love them) but if that's it, Simon is still leagues ahead of her: ONE DIRECTION.... Simon and L.A are behind 2 of the biggest current acts so i'd take their opinions a bit more readily than someone i had to google

it may be boring on a show you're watching every week, but put them in the studio, clean up their sounds, and the catchy beats make them no different from all the relevant artists of today at least i don't see how they are different
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #518
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy. View Post
Who is voting for Vino ? He needs to go ASAP. Great voice, but the rest isn't there.

Diamond - Great Talent but this is not her time.

Tate- After hearing his song again, i think he did really well. He may turn out to be a country music star someday. Too bad I am not into country music.

Carly- Heard the song over and over again. I might like it more than Adele's version. Should she perform one pure pop song ? If i were Britney I'd start working on such a song a couple of weeks before the actual performance because she needs to rehearse. At this stage its her competition to lose. While she does seem like a very genuine person, I think she needs to develop a stronger personality.

Cece - Tries too hard and just doesn't have the voice. In her head she thinks she is some Xtina/Ke$ha hybrid but she is not. Needs to leave ASAP. Today would be great.

Paige- Thank God someone gave her some makeup tips because she used to paint herself too light and it looked severe almost drag-queenesque. I liked her performance last night but do we really need a Rihanna-lite with no personality ? Needs to leave in the next week or two.

Fifth Harmony- They just don't work for me as a group. I think there are three good singers and the other two need to be put away. All their performances have been OK. No WOW factor. I think a three member group would have been better. While I hope they don't leave today they are not going to be there for long.

Emblem 3- I don't like their personalities. Good looking guys with average voices who could be relevant for a year or two but nothing beyond. Third best chance of winning this competition.

Two that leave today ? - Hope its Cece and Vino but it will probably be Cece and Fifth Harmony.

hopefully cece...once carly is safe and cece goes this competition is safe
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #519
country flag Inger67
Senior Member
 
Inger67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 35,683
Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
debatable since i had to go google her when she was announced as a judge and i can't think of one song of hers that i know about...at least people who are current should be highly publicised (hate them or love them) but if that's it, Simon is still leagues ahead of her: ONE DIRECTION.... Simon and L.A are behind 2 of the biggest current acts so i'd take their opinions a bit more readily than someone i had to google

it may be boring on a show you're watching every week, but put them in the studio, clean up their sounds, and the catchy beats make them no different from all the relevant artists of today at least i don't see how they are different
Just because you had never heard of her is not indicative of her popularity. You're telling me you've never heard her song "Give your heart a break" or "Skyscraper"? The former is her current one and and the latter was a very popular song too and both were has top 10 on billboard charts.

It's quite annoying to use the "you're young and know nothing, I have experience therefore I am better than you" argument. Obviously they wanted Demi on this show for a reason. She is young and has a big fan base, they were hoping she could bring in some new ideas but I do agree her mentoring hasn't been the best. BUT with that being said, I have to agree with her about Emblem3. Every week they have done the same thing. Sing an upbeat song, stand next to each other, sound mediocre, and do some jumping around and wave their hands. If they can play instruments, why not try it? Why not sing a slower song that actually has SOME emotion? Granted Simon probably doesn't want to hinder their "hot boy band" image by singing a slow sad song, but they need some versatility. If they were to record an album they can't possibly have all 12-14 songs be upbeat bland songs?
__________________
Venus Williams • Arantxa Parra Santonja • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Ons Jabeur • Taylor Townsend • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #520
country flag SilverSlam
Senior Member
 
SilverSlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9,377
SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Okay I'm picking Vino (he has some talent but that doesn't mean he has an x factor) and either Paige/Fifth Harmony to go home. Probably Paige.

CeCe finally delivered an okay vocal performance, and grouped it with her best theatrics too, if she goes home but Vino doesn't I can't.

Tate will go through because his a country singer, I find all his performances boring, tonight was almost cringeworthy.

Diamond had her worst vocal performance, she should rank lower than what the judges would expect.

Something about the rapper in Emblem 3 annoys me, probably because he seems really arrogant, but they'll go through even though they have to use backup singers to make their harmonies sound decent.

Paige Listen to Demi, your idea's are doing NOTHING for you. I think Fifth Harmony will get through because of the power of Kelly Clarkson. No other reason.

Carly was good, but her performance is overshadowed by Adele (simply because it's Adele, don't mess with magic) and her other performances.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #521
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
Just because you had never heard of her is not indicative of her popularity. You're telling me you've never heard her song "Give your heart a break" or "Skyscraper"? The former is her current one and and the latter was a very popular song too and both were has top 10 on billboard charts.

It's quite annoying to use the "you're young and know nothing, I have experience therefore I am better than you" argument. Obviously they wanted Demi on this show for a reason. She is young and has a big fan base, they were hoping she could bring in some new ideas but I do agree her mentoring hasn't been the best. BUT with that being said, I have to agree with her about Emblem3. Every week they have done the same thing. Sing an upbeat song, stand next to each other, sound mediocre, and do some jumping around and wave their hands. If they can play instruments, why not try it? Why not sing a slower song that actually has SOME emotion? Granted Simon probably doesn't want to hinder their "hot boy band" image by singing a slow sad song, but they need some versatility. If they were to record an album they can't possibly have all 12-14 songs be upbeat bland songs?
i'm telling you i've never heard her song - i had to google her to know who she was maybe i heard it in passing as an ad on tv???

demi wants to use the "i'm young and therefore i obviusly know what i'm talking about" routine and i will say i was quite happy simon frankly reminded her of HIS accolades she's been horrible in critiquing her own people e.g. how many times has she told paige and cece they were "awesome" and then the next week in the previews she has to keep enforcing that they need to be on point and keep in pitch?? out of all the contestants her 2 remaining acts can't seem to keep in tune at all

and of course a few ballads will be on any album emblem 3 make...but that's not what pop music is right now...it's about those that can keep a crowd/club hyped up not who shows off their vocal ability (see how quickly Usher switched from pure R&B to this dance nonsense to try to remain relevant)...and let's face it, most people today aren't cut out for ballads and the studio basically does all the work for them...so yes simon won't kill his boy band image especially since he more than likely realises they aren't the best vocally...
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #522
country flag Vincey!
Senior Member
 
Vincey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where Henin is still ret.
Posts: 16,537
Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
i'm telling you i've never heard her song - i had to google her to know who she was maybe i heard it in passing as an ad on tv???

and of course a few ballads will be on any album emblem 3 make...but that's not what pop music is right now...it's about those that can keep a crowd/club hyped up not who shows off their vocal ability (see how quickly Usher switched from pure R&B to this dance nonsense to try to remain relevant)...and let's face it, most people today aren't cut out for ballads and the studio basically does all the work for them...so yes simon won't kill his boy band image especially since he more than likely realises they aren't the best vocally...
Fact is Demi Lovato is REALLY popular and well known around the world to 12 to 21 people at least. The point that YOU have never heard of her isn't a reason for Simon to totally discredit her opinion like he did. they obviously thought she had the talent and experience to be on the show if they put her there. She has some good points but she definitely should learn to mentor her act better by making do what she wants. Paige seemed to be able to sway her really easily and Demi didn't know what to say to fully convince her. As in Emblem 3, they will NEED to do at least one ballad at some point or else there is no way in hell they are gonna win. That show is not only for teenage girls, if Simon want them to win they'll have to show some versatility to get the people who like good vocal performances better. I mean, Emblem 3 won't lose their "boy band" appeal if they sing a ballad. I don't think that pop means no ballad or acoustic sound. One Direction the biggest boy band and probably the best pop sensation at the moment have loads of ballad and does acoustic sound every now and then. Of course Emblem 3 will probably be popular wherever they rank in the show, they'll have a career even if they don't win, but Simon should aim for the #1 spot not simply 3rd place. It's not by doing the same thing week in and week out that he'll achieve that.
__________________
Wozniak~ElTabakh ~Marino~Eugenie Bouchard...and the other Canucks!
Maria Sharapova~Anna Chakvetadze~Jelena Dokic~Laura Robson ~Sabine Lisicki


"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #523
ElusiveChanteuse
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 80,328
ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

E3
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #524
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 33,684
BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Fact is Demi Lovato is REALLY popular and well known around the world to 12 to 21 people at least. The point that YOU have never heard of her isn't a reason for Simon to totally discredit her opinion like he did. they obviously thought she had the talent and experience to be on the show if they put her there. She has some good points but she definitely should learn to mentor her act better by making do what she wants. Paige seemed to be able to sway her really easily and Demi didn't know what to say to fully convince her. As in Emblem 3, they will NEED to do at least one ballad at some point or else there is no way in hell they are gonna win. That show is not only for teenage girls, if Simon want them to win they'll have to show some versatility to get the people who like good vocal performances better. I mean, Emblem 3 won't lose their "boy band" appeal if they sing a ballad. I don't think that pop means no ballad or acoustic sound. One Direction the biggest boy band and probably the best pop sensation at the moment have loads of ballad and does acoustic sound every now and then. Of course Emblem 3 will probably be popular wherever they rank in the show, they'll have a career even if they don't win, but Simon should aim for the #1 spot not simply 3rd place. It's not by doing the same thing week in and week out that he'll achieve that.

demi was trying to shoot down simon's opinion because, as she started, she "is 20 and bla bla bla"...simon frankly reminded her that he's sold 300 million albums AND counting so clearly her opinion because she is 20 doesn't make her the expert...from day 1 she's been trying to act like simon's opinion is irrelevant - not arrogant just telling it like it is...if she were that popular i wouldn't have had to google her

and these shows aren't won by who shows the best versatility as you get winners of these sort of shows like Phillip Phillips, Scotty etc who were so stuck in one routine and still one their seasons...why? teenage girls don't care...country people don't care...they will vote for their people regardless of whatever...an actual album will more than likely be versatile, but simon isn't going to ruin his boy band hopefuls, who are nowhere near any sort of vocalists, by throwing ballads at them...he'll probably give them a ballad and tell them change it up to suit their style in order to show their ability to be original

and i'm sure that simon understands that he doesn't need to win with E3 to make them successful - that's just a fact if L.A and Simon would sign them and see them selling, they'd get a recording contract in the snap of a finger and probably better access than the actual winner may...their issue is (apart from weak voices) that a little girl who is absolutely brilliant, to the point where both L.A and Simon (notice a pattern here) would probably sign her as well, and a country singer who's gonna rake in some dreamy eyed wife votes (given how devoted he seems to be to his own) and (shock) the country vote...vino (can't explain where he's getting the votes so )

simon finally gave me a good punchline much like my friend who called out the autotune during auditions
__________________
Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #525
LeRoy.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 15,934
LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US X Factor 2012 (Chat Thread)

Paige is the first to be eliminated.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios